#1 Hyrmine

Hyrmine
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 2/1/1/1/1/0

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:22 PM

I seem to only have 2 fans in my PC and I don't want it to get too hot.
I only have 2 at the marked places, none in the cover that I took off. There seem to be plenty of spaces for fans. Should I add one or even more?
Posted Image

Edited by Hyrmine, 27 January 2013 - 07:31 PM.

#2 Pharaun

Pharaun
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:18 PM

What are the temps like?  If you have a spot on the bottom for another fan, you could consider adding a bottom intake and back exhaust.

You don't want to have way more intake than exhaust fans or v. versa - so if you have only that back exhaust spot it might not be a good idea.  A huge imbalance of pressure isn't going to improve cooling, all it will do is either bring in more dust (negative pressure from too many exhaust fans) or cause a lot of turbulence (positive pressure from too many intake fans).

For example right now I have a bit too much negative pressure, so I have to clean my case out of dust more frequently than I'd like.
"Who, after all, is today speaking of the destruction of the Armenians?"

-Adolf Hitler, 1939

#3 Hyrmine

Hyrmine
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 2/1/1/1/1/0

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:21 PM

What do you mean with bottom? Ground? What is the point of having a fan facing the ground? Well there is no space for one anyway but I probably misunderstand.
I only have space for a fan at the back which is visible on the image and there are 2 big spaces on the cover that I removed to take the image. One is close to the GPU and the other one is close to the CPU.

• Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 2/1/2/2/1/.

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:23 PM

I have alot of fans

#5 Pharaun

Pharaun
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:17 PM

Ah sure, you could add a side intake and a back exhaust, that's fine.  Blowing a bunch of cold air from the side directly onto your GPU/CPU is a good thing.  Just make sure you add another exhaust at the same time.
"Who, after all, is today speaking of the destruction of the Armenians?"

-Adolf Hitler, 1939

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<