#1 Koratar

Koratar
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Onyxia
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Fury 1/1/2/2/1/1

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:46 PM

So we just tanked around 60 rating against a Pal Godcomp and had the feeling it was very unlikely for us to beat them. Wonder if it is possible to beat them without rng luck / them fucking up.

Problems for us:
-Obviously we are fighting against the clock. They will oneshot our paladin at one point once his defensive cds are down and there is nothing for us to stop them from doing so. (our pala ain't flubbah)
-With the paladin in the godcomp it feels like they will be finished drawing our def cds before us.

We usually stick on the shadow to stop him from fears and stop his pressure. We tried focussing the mage in the hope of stopping his cc/damage but that was by far the worst out of the 5 games we played against them, they just ripped through our paladin like shit. In my opinion splitting our damage is no viable strategy because that wont really stop them from doing the killswitch on our paladin and as we are playing against the clock, mana is not an issue.

Is there something we can do against them?

#2 proffset

proffset
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1979
  • 3v3: 2750
  • 5v5: 960

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:06 PM

I do agree going mage is the worst thing you can do cus he(me) can put out about the same dmg while trained as opposed to the priest. So your best bet is just going for the priest while locking down the paladin with ridicilous cc-chains. Dont waste your scatters on the mage and shit like that, go all cc on pala and go all out mad kfc style pop all on priest think that'll yield better results.

Good luck!

#3 Koratar

Koratar
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Onyxia
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:12 PM

You were the godcomp we were playing proffset ;) The one win we had against you was when I was able to shockwave the shadow and the paladin at the same time (i.e. luck, becuase they normally don't have to be close to each other). So it's all about lucky rng I guess :(

Edited by Koratar, 26 January 2013 - 01:14 PM.

#4 proffset

proffset
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • 2v2: 1979
  • 3v3: 2750
  • 5v5: 960

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:13 PM

Yeah I figured ;) And the game we lost we just fucked up quite hard also, kfc and such comps is normally what we should win with a paladin version of our comp so in no way is it gonna be easy for either part.

Edited by proffset, 26 January 2013 - 01:16 PM.

#5 Kungfucow

Kungfucow
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 1900
  • 3v3: 1914
  • RBG: 2064
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

View Postmethodman2, on 26 January 2013 - 01:31 PM, said:

ur both shit aswell

that could be the problem

Posts like this need to go. If you don't have something constructive or at least witty to say, just put a sock in it. This site is about helping people improve not about flexing your epeen or making yourself feel better by putting others down. Grow the fuck up.

#6 Coldizzle

Coldizzle
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Nemesis
  • Rampage
  • 2v2: 1245
  • 3v3: 2285
  • RBG: 2003

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:37 PM

train priest save shockwave and silence shot for the priest so he cant MD traps

#7 itsrambo23

itsrambo23
  • Killashock
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Retribution 1/2/0/1/2/0
  • Locationvirginia

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:51 PM

View PostColdizzle, on 26 January 2013 - 02:37 PM, said:

literally this.

btw skizy, i always face ur team at shadowburn : p

i heard ur brazillian or something

Edited by itsrambo23, 26 January 2013 - 03:51 PM.

gobbypls
S - succcess
W - winner
A - alliance4ever
G - gg gd luck next time

#8 Koratar

Koratar
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Onyxia
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:29 PM

Yeah that's what we are doing already but with bop and sacrifices it takes some time for us to be able to kill the shadow and usually by that time they had enough opportunities to switch onto our paladin so he dies.

#9 Mattadoro

Mattadoro
  • Locationyour butt

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:31 PM

your hunter should be tranqing quite often to have the priest as close to naked as possible that way u can shattering throw the palis bubble and the bop can just be tranqd off within 1 or 2 hunter gcd's. arcane shot will hit the priest for 30k but tranqing his shield will be like doing 60k+ dmg. dont be afraid to hit the mage when u cant reach the priest it'll only make void swap less effective in the end.

also splitting is very effective, your hunter just needs to be good at putting out derpy amounts of dmg. during cds a hunter can solo a mage within seconds.
Posted Image

#10 Rylexcamel

Rylexcamel
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/2/2/1/0
  • RBG: 1914

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:53 PM

to be honest hpala godcomp counters about any melee cleave
as kitty i've lost games to hpala godcomp even after outplaying them hard (divine protection before they swap on pal, aura mastery priest silence, sacrifice pala blind , etc)

best thing u can is what skizy said , train priest save shockwave and silence shot for the priest so he cant MD traps

#11 Fawxfighter2013

Fawxfighter2013
  • Junkies

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:58 PM

train shadow priest

hitting mage really does not stop any damage

also be full resil gems

and shockwave on traps ....repents

Edited by Fawxfighter2013, 26 January 2013 - 05:58 PM.

#12 Filthpig

Filthpig
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1470
  • 3v3: 2151
  • 5v5: 192
  • RBG: 1870

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:07 PM

View PostMattadoro, on 26 January 2013 - 05:31 PM, said:

your hunter should be tranqing quite often to have the priest as close to naked as possible that way u can shattering throw the palis bubble and the bop can just be tranqd off within 1 or 2 hunter gcd's. arcane shot will hit the priest for 30k but tranqing his shield will be like doing 60k+ dmg. dont be afraid to hit the mage when u cant reach the priest it'll only make void swap less effective in the end.

also splitting is very effective, your hunter just needs to be good at putting out derpy amounts of dmg. during cds a hunter can solo a mage within seconds.

Wish my arcane shots hit for 30k. You're looking at 23k with CDs max against a geared priest.

#13 Loveformoney

Loveformoney
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Tarren Mill
  • Misery
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:51 PM

Once, not long ago I've made similar thread just with variety of setups (heroicRLS vs RLS) and got one pretty good response:

You shouldn't win.
Member of AJ Gentleman's Club- A fine gentleman!

#14 djp771133

djp771133
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1524

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:15 PM

I have fought a rank 1 pally godcomp a bunch of times.  It is a very hard counter to kfc (even better than other forms of godcomp).  What you have to do is train spriest, and get enough traps/cc to get pally bubble.  THen next warbringer you get, pop your cds on pally in a warbringer/shockwave/silence shot, and it should be a kill (have your healer use his hoj, and blind on priest)

This is probably the hardest comp to fight because all of the people have tons of immunities if timed right (2x block, 2x bop, disperse, life swap).  That is why training spriest, and swap pally is best imo

#15 Galaleo

Galaleo
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:16 PM

can be simplified to train priest

#16 Leeston

Leeston
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Arygos
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Fire 1/2/0/1/1/2
  • RBG: 192

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:50 AM

This, the only thing you stop by training the mage is polymorph.  When you train the priest it becomes infinitely harder for the god comp to win as the mage can't really get solo kills when all the warrior has to do is charge once to interrupt the whole burst.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<