• Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2215
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:21 PM

Recently I came across a video about the spectator mode of the game Firefall. While I have pretty much no idea what the game is about or what other features it has - the spectator mode looks amazing. This is what I would love to see for WoW in the future. Not much more to say, have a look.

I really hope that the WoW devs keep up their history of implementing succesful features from other games. Thanks to Zwacky for the link.

#2 Ilidio

Ilidio
  • Premium Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationLisbon

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:42 PM

looks pretty cool
Posted Image

#3 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 2273
  • 3v3: 2634
  • 5v5: 2359
  • RBG: 2126

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:30 PM

If Blizzard is too lazy to make a spectator mode for PvE, you can be damn sure that it will never come for PvP.

#4 Snuggli

Snuggli
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Steamwheedle Cartel
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 1925
  • 3v3: 2209
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationUK

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:30 PM

Actually looked really sweet, can tell they put a lot of effort into it.

Imagine something as easy as walking up to an NPC in WoW and seeing a list of "Teamname A vs Teamname B" and pressing which one you want to watch. Would be pretty cool.

View PostBraindance, on 11 October 2013 - 12:44 PM, said:

Go listen to some Bieber shit and leave me alone fucko.

#5 Crawthz

Crawthz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 576
  • LocationFinland

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

View PostSnuggli, on 26 January 2013 - 03:30 PM, said:

Actually looked really sweet, can tell they put a lot of effort into it.

Imagine something as easy as walking up to an NPC in WoW and seeing a list of "Teamname A vs Teamname B" and pressing which one you want to watch. Would be pretty cool.

I'd be worried about the arenaservers lagging even more if there was something like this. You would expect thousands to watch games from the top teams. This thing would never work in WoW because there is potentially thousands of teams queuing at the same time across all bgs.

Only thing Blizzard should implement is for dead people on the arena to bind themselves into a player, like we see on Blizzcon. That and ArenaLive and WoW would have amazing spectating possibilities already.
www.twitch.tv/crawthz - Gladiator Frostmage stream, please follow!

#6 Mirionx

Mirionx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 1/2/2/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2662

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:30 PM

View PostRegent, on 26 January 2013 - 02:30 PM, said:

If Blizzard is too lazy to make a spectator mode for PvE, you can be damn sure that it will never come for PvP.

How do you know they're not working on one right now? Brawler's guild is popular and that was their "test" for spectating PvE.

#7 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2215
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:54 PM

I agree with Mirion, they probably work on it secretly but don't know how long it will take.

#8 Nycto

Nycto
  • Junkies

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:39 PM

View PostCrawthz, on 26 January 2013 - 04:23 PM, said:

I'd be worried about the arenaservers lagging even more if there was something like this. You would expect thousands to watch games from the top teams. This thing would never work in WoW because there is potentially thousands of teams queuing at the same time across all bgs.

Only thing Blizzard should implement is for dead people on the arena to bind themselves into a player, like we see on Blizzcon. That and ArenaLive and WoW would have amazing spectating possibilities already.
I can garantee the issue blizzard is going to face is not anything to do with lag, it's just pretty complicated how to do it, it's not as easy as just making a spectator view as they will  have to change a lot of things to do with the actual pve environments (and arena) too for it to function properly. That will take a lot of work.

#9 Mirionx

Mirionx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

Blizzard has to start from scratch with a spectator client, if they're making one for PvE there's going to be one for PvP I feel pretty confident in saying that.

How they've done it at Blizzcon is via admin accounts and gone free for all mode. There's no real spectator client in the game right now, that's why it's not been implemented already and before MoP they've shown close to no interest in PvP. If they're ever going to add a spectator client it's in this expansion.

#10 Siolith1993

Siolith1993
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/2/2/1/0/2

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:48 PM

ArenaTournament got spectatermode. Not that its the best but hey its something, blizzard should be able to if they can

#11 Mirionx

Mirionx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:10 PM

View PostSiolith1993, on 26 January 2013 - 06:48 PM, said:

ArenaTournament got spectatermode. Not that its the best but hey its something, blizzard should be able to if they can

I doubt it's about being able to. It's more a question of, is it worth it for them. It's going to take a lot of time to get a working spectator mode for Raids, Arenas & RBGs, how is it going to work? How do you start spectating someone? Can you spectate every player or does the player have to give you permission? Etc.

It's not something you can just throw in and say go nuts. Some people on these forums need to start thinking.

#12 Saru93

Saru93
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 1/1/0/1/1/1

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:49 PM

Spectator mode in WoW?

Sorry guys wake up

#13 Renaissance_Man

Renaissance_Man
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Dragonmaw
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/2/0
  • RBG: 2211
  • LocationUS

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:25 PM

As pointed out before, the level 80 Arena Tournament has a spectator mode, which is actually quite simple and effective. It's really not as if Blizzard can't do it. It's more the fact that not enough people have shown interest in something of the sort.

#14 duskfallx

duskfallx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Demonology 0/1/1/2/0/1
  • RBG: 2363
  • LocationPoland

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:49 PM

Spectator Mode would greatly increase interest in PvP from beginners and most importantly, make wintrading A LOT harder. It'd be fucking amazing if Blizzard would add a feature like that to the game.

#15 Hyrmine

Hyrmine
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 2/1/1/1/1/0

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:55 AM

totally will play firefall cause of spectator mod!

#16 saffie

saffie
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Destruction 0/1/2/0/2/1
  • RBG: 2112

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:04 AM

They thought of everything, I was sceptical at first watching it, thought it was gonna be just something you see in other games, but some of their ideas are pretty original and you can see they really tried their best. You can only hope one day blizzard cares as much as they do.

#17 Nycto

Nycto
  • Junkies

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:31 AM

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 26 January 2013 - 11:25 PM, said:

As pointed out before, the level 80 Arena Tournament has a spectator mode, which is actually quite simple and effective. It's really not as if Blizzard can't do it. It's more the fact that not enough people have shown interest in something of the sort.
No it's that blizzard cannot release something of such poor quality in their game, if they do it they will have to do it properly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<