• Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/1/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 2055
  • 3v3: 2436

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:58 PM

View PostVlada, on 25 January 2013 - 09:39 PM, said:

increase CD on counter spell, mages don't even try to interrupt you on cast this expansion
cast then , o wait ur a pala :o

#62 Saikx

Saikx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arcane 0/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 2137
  • 3v3: 2624
  • RBG: 2184

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:58 PM

View PostVlada, on 25 January 2013 - 09:55 PM, said:

nah, because a timed blanket silence is alot more powerful than a lockout. just a poor design by blizzard for this expansion

Yeah you create a kill window for 4-8sec, that you need to kill paladin teams otherwise paladins top their team with 2 instants again, you are right its fail design. YOU don't cast.

Posted Image

Visit my stream: http://www.twitch.tv/saikx

#63 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:00 PM

View PostVizeverza, on 25 January 2013 - 09:52 PM, said:

So after being complete god mode for what, 12 seasons now? Mages cry buckets that they can't protect their obviously broken burst damage via blanket CS;
good for a giggle xd

View PostPouncedd, on 12 June 2014 - 01:51 AM, said:

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper and have looked at the numbers comparatively for almost every class

View PostJontex, on 23 June 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#64 Zaephyr

Zaephyr
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2416

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:06 PM

hey guys can iget some repppppppppppppp
"Please use an appropriate signature; thanks! www.arenajunkies.com/forum-9/announcement-3-forum-rules-2272014

#65 Zub

Zub
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/1

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:06 PM

The removal of blanket silences/cyclone DR nerf would probably be better in the long run for the good of the game, but something needs to be done to combat cleave teams/KFC to make it practical. I can't be the only one that's noticed tons of people bitching and predicting about how wizards will rule MoP yet most of the expansion there's been an enormous amount of cleave teams that train one target into the ground from start to finish every game.

#66 Maticzor

Maticzor
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Skullcrusher
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:08 PM

View PostHiddenstalke, on 25 January 2013 - 08:51 PM, said:

Hehe becouse hunters rly like their traps to get dispelled/md-ed. Atleast you can re-poly afterwards and still have cc going. If i'm not wrong your cs have 20 sec cd aswell beocuse of bonus,no?(sorry if i'm wrong) Yet you have longer blanket and lockout
Yeah, cuz re poly is unstoppable, not like u can sac it/shapeshift/md and u never need to fake over 9000 interrupts cuz u are never getting trained (#sarcasm). Also, its retarded to compare classes interrupts without looking at the class mechanics. Mages are so balanced right now after all the shit nerfs we got.
- Ice barrier 30% less absorb
- Deep freeze duration nerf
- Frost bomb nerf
- Fire blast glyph nerf
- Ring of frost nerf
- Spell steal mana increase by 200%

and now you want blanket gone? just stfu and stop crying, most classes have blankets now so deal with it and l2p your mongloid kfc class

#67 Maticzor

Maticzor
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Skullcrusher
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:15 PM

Did I miss anyone or has it only been paladins and their melee friends crying about this?

#68 Jontex

Jontex
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1698
  • 3v3: 2620
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationSweden

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:18 PM

ele shamans dont like blank cs too much, just sayin
but then again we dont like anything so

Edited by Jontex, 25 January 2013 - 10:18 PM.

Posted Image

#69 Renaissance_Man

Renaissance_Man
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Dragonmaw
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/2/0
  • RBG: 2211
  • LocationUS

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

View PostMirionx, on 25 January 2013 - 09:06 PM, said:

Is Cyclone still 8 seconds for Boomboys and Resto druids?

No. Although now, with glyph and glove bonus, cyclone for resto is a 35 yard range. Yeah. 35 yards.

#70 venruki

venruki
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arcane 0/2/0/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2603

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:20 PM

View PostSaikx, on 25 January 2013 - 09:52 PM, said:

because you dont cast.

I actually think this is a bigger problem, healers have too many instants/Aura mastery effects. I'd much rather a game where I didn't have blanket silence BUT healers had to cast to heal.

I'm so glad this change was reverted with the current state of the game.

#71 Jamal

Jamal
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/2/1/0/2
  • RBG: 960

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:20 PM

View PostZilea, on 25 January 2013 - 09:49 PM, said:

Problem is wizards wipe out an entire class, not just a comp. my class has been ruined by wizard cleave, if tremor got nerfed on totemic restoration then shamans would be sharing the same issue as my class and more than likely there would be enough complaints about wizards

I'm surprised you bring up this point, lately(mainly since the 30% healing nerf) I've noticed less and less wizard cleave teams.  Perhaps you haven't been playing live much recently, however from playing consistently on my own bg and watching the ladders on others it seems as though for the most part wizards have died out.  Especially now that pally kfc has a viable chance at beating godcomp.  If anything I think we need to look at warriors seeing as the majority of teams include one on the roster.

#72 affix

affix
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost
  • RBG: 2479

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

View PostVlada, on 25 January 2013 - 09:55 PM, said:

nah, because a timed blanket silence is alot more powerful than a lockout.
Because in order to force a situation where a lockout is possible, you have to do an entire health bar of damage + another entire health bar of instant cast heals + prevent healing during aura mastery + not get LOS'd/peeled by melee with 80%+ uptime.

Yes, the situation we're in, where the only way to get kills is to prevent heals instead of interrupt them, is dumb.  But pretending like it's a one sided problem and the solution is to just nerf casters is silly.

View PostZilea, on 25 January 2013 - 09:21 PM, said:

It's not good game design for a comp or combination of classes to deep , blanket , blanket, Pom poly, instant clone , fear, etc with no diminishing returns . It's bad game design , bad for balance , horrible mechanics and not fun for anyone.
Melee cleave CC rotations gained more potency from previous expansions to MoP than wizard cleave CC rotations.  It seems strange to me that you'd be opposed to the Imp CS change in that context.

Removing one shots are important (aka warrior burst), but they need to make those ccs dr, and they need to do a few other things like reduce repentance duration , nerf totemic restoration , and remove life swap from shadow . Those are fair changes aimed at pushing the game in the right direction.
There are classes that reduce pressure through CC and there's classes that reduce pressure through maintaining uptime and constant damage pressure.  You happen to play a class that synergizes well with the latter.  I think your vision of "the right direction" is one that benefits that relationship.

#73 Renaissance_Man

Renaissance_Man
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Dragonmaw
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/2/0
  • RBG: 2211
  • LocationUS

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

Let me reiterate this. CYCLONE = 35 YARD RANGE WITH GLYPH. With one minute cd on NS clone..... Well.

#74 dawtz

dawtz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/1/2/0/0
  • RBG: 2251

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:25 PM

I like this change because mages absolutely need blanket cs right now to protect their deeps (and should be able to) with ease without partners help, Ever since they changed the dispells to where they made it clear all buffs off the person with one gcd, maybe the cd is too good though idk, but as of now they definitely need a blanket with how dispells are and how reliant they are on deeps to kill. Maybe I'm just jealous of mages set bonuses but man are theirs are so good a minute off  alter time and four seconds off counterspell.

I wouldn't mind it if cs had a cd of 30seconds to match deep though..

Pallys do need some kind of end game against casters I feel as they are too weak against them at the moment once bubble is forced, even if kfc is too strong atm pallys playing with casters should be an option not just always cleaves imo for that to happen they need a much better end game, I dont have any good suggestions though. Possibly shortening the cd of bubble.

Edited by dawtz, 25 January 2013 - 10:30 PM.

#75 Ctuhlu

Ctuhlu
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:26 PM

Basically, people want instant CC removed from the game as long as it's not their class that has to give it up.

Fourreur said:

we have to switch to them making the decision to pop reck or not to pop reck

#76 affix

affix
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost
  • RBG: 2479

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:29 PM

View PostCtuhlu, on 25 January 2013 - 10:26 PM, said:

Basically, people want instant CC removed from the game as long as it's not their class that has to give it up.
Many of us have been saying PoM RoF is really dumb and should be removed.  We want it removed, even from our own class, as long as it's a sensible change.  In the context of KFC CC rotation being nerfed (blinding light cast time), it can and should be removed.  But Imp CS is plainly critical to Mages remaining competitive in today's environment.

#77 Heywoods

Heywoods
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • RBG: 765

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:31 PM

Didn't find an answer skimming through the first few pages so I will just ask.

- Ring of Peace has been adjusted. It now forms a sanctuary around the friendly target, causing enemies within 8 yards to be disarmed and causes enemies who cast a harmful spell to be silenced for 3 sec. Moving out of the ring does not remove the silence, but it won't trigger again. The duration of Ring of Peace is 8 sec.

So does this mean that Ring of Peace will only silence casted spells like, Frostbolt? What about CC, heals, and channelled? I guess I am just seeking clarification and ideally a list of what spells are classified as "harmful."

Edited by Heywoods, 25 January 2013 - 10:33 PM.

#78 Dizp

Dizp
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Twilight's Hammer
  • Blackout

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

View PostZub, on 25 January 2013 - 10:06 PM, said:

The removal of blanket silences/cyclone DR nerf would probably be better in the long run for the good of the game, but something needs to be done to combat cleave teams/KFC to make it practical. I can't be the only one that's noticed tons of people bitching and predicting about how wizards will rule MoP yet most of the expansion there's been an enormous amount of cleave teams that train one target into the ground from start to finish every game.

There's always been more meleecleaves in the first season of every expansion, simply cus physical dmg dealers scales better with crap gear. Affliction warlocks are gonna be gods next season. Stats increase of haste/mastery and some survival buffs if im not mistaken, combined with warrior/feral nerfs. And it's usualy warlocks that are the keys in spellcleaves.

Spellcleaves will rise ones again which will lead to 95% resto shamans, again.. and paladins will die out. It's gonna be cata all over again with shaman/warlock/x, calling it :(

#79 saffie

saffie
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Destruction 0/1/2/0/2/1
  • RBG: 2112

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:37 PM

I like meeting shamans more than paladins atm even tho they have 30 sec tremor, at least to top someone off they have to cast big heals, not instant spells and then spells that are 0.5 seconds cast, only time pallies cast is inside aura mastery or bubble, the healing power of this class is frustrating when you dip something to %20 hp in a cc on pally and if you dont blanket the paladin he ll be %100 in 3 globals.

#80 Maticzor

Maticzor
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Skullcrusher
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:37 PM

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 25 January 2013 - 10:24 PM, said:

Let me reiterate this. CYCLONE = 35 YARD RANGE WITH GLYPH. With one minute cd on NS clone..... Well.
but the question is, do they have room for that glyph?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<