• Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1524

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:40 AM

View Posthairpiece, on 24 January 2013 - 12:23 AM, said:

90% of what i read is whining about having to go battle stance and getting gibbed, which is how every other character has to play the game.

The overpower change isn't good, but it's also not "THE DAETH OF WARRRIORZ".

If I sit in battle stance on my warrior, I get a ton of rage anytime i can stick to a target.

name one good class w/o passive damage reduct, here ill make a list that you can't use already

dk
hunter
mage
spriest
boomkin
warlock

this leaves what
ele/enhance sham (even resto)
ww monk
rogue
druid (lol barkskin/displacer)
pally

who complains about flopping over in stuns?  A spriest? no. dk? no. Who is always complaining about it?  Pallies and rshams getting 100-0 in deep/blanket.  Look at the list without passive dr, they are the ones complaining, and soon to be on there is warrior.  They need to add 10% dr to battlestance or take away retard mode overpower change.  Do you not see now?

On a side note
Overpower is 2x the cost of ever in any previous xpac
EVEN IN BATTLE STANCE we have probably 1/3 the rage generation of previous xpac
We use Overpower probably twice as much as any previous xpac with heroic strike and slam still costing 30 rage.

this is what makes overpower change retard mode.  MS give 10 rage, OP cost 10, makes no sense, blizz can't do basic math.

Edited by djp771133, 24 January 2013 - 03:53 AM.

#42 Pritchard

Pritchard
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/0

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:05 AM

So let me get this straight, this is using your logic here.  Using Heroic Strike for 30 rage is not a problem, but using Overpower for 10 rage is?  That's correct right?

Every class in the game flops over in stuns, and if they don't flop over in the stun, most every stun forces some type of defensive CD.

#43 Xsv

Xsv
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 2298

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:16 AM

it will be rough, but i think it will be better then how easily warriors were trained in s11. I've played my warrior since vanilla and s11 was pretty awful when it came down to training a warrior. at least now when i'm going to be attacked i can put a thought in and switch to defensive just to survive before the burst comes.

plus the next season compared to s11 warriors will have 30 second leap, 2 charges if using doubletime and intervene out of roots, which was a killer back then.

True warriors will have to make due :)

#44 djp771133

djp771133
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:18 AM

View Posthairpiece, on 24 January 2013 - 04:05 AM, said:

So let me get this straight, this is using your logic here.  Using Heroic Strike for 30 rage is not a problem, but using Overpower for 10 rage is?  That's correct right?

Every class in the game flops over in stuns, and if they don't flop over in the stun, most every stun forces some type of defensive CD.

30 rage for heroic strike is not a problem now no.  Because right now you can play completely rage free and build up some rage to dump into cs or burst etc.  With this new system we will be constantly rage starved and never get those abilities off, you will rarely see heroic strikes anymore.  If you dont believe me, go on ptr and do training dummy.  Go ms and 2 overpowers over and over, until you get rage for a slam/heroic strike.  You will find it takes quite a while, and this isn't even accounting for having to hamstring etc.  The rage mechanic when you have overpower @ 10 rage is broken, and I don't even see it working in pve.

Btw, your post alone shows how little you know about warriors, and that you probably don't even deserve my reply, but I gave it to you anyway.

Edited by djp771133, 24 January 2013 - 04:28 AM.

#45 djp771133

djp771133
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:19 AM

View PostXsv, on 24 January 2013 - 04:16 AM, said:

it will be rough, but i think it will be better then how easily warriors were trained in s11. I've played my warrior since vanilla and s11 was pretty awful when it came down to training a warrior. at least now when i'm going to be attacked i can put a thought in and switch to defensive just to survive before the burst comes.

plus the next season compared to s11 warriors will have 30 second leap, 2 charges if using doubletime and intervene out of roots, which was a killer back then.

True warriors will have to make due :)

I will still play warrior as my main and will even level another one.  I still don't see how they can justify 10 rage on overpower.  Seems completely insane with the way rage is now.

#46 Covlol

Covlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Fury 0/2/1/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1609
  • 3v3: 2413
  • 5v5: 2261
  • RBG: 1787

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:19 AM

View Posthairpiece, on 24 January 2013 - 04:05 AM, said:

O boy the /facepalm this post deserves...
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Lvl 1 Dk Legend Covlol

#47 Xsv

Xsv
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:21 AM

seeing how overpower use to be 5 rage, they should have put it back at 5 instead of 10. yes it's going to be harder to use our other rage costing abilities but what it comes down to is now you actually need to think before you do something, which in my eyes will make warriors a bit more skillful and a lot less mongoloid.

#48 djp771133

djp771133
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:27 AM

View PostCovlol, on 24 January 2013 - 04:19 AM, said:

O boy the /facepalm this post deserves...

Here I gotcha
Posted Image

View PostXsv, on 24 January 2013 - 04:21 AM, said:

seeing how overpower use to be 5 rage, they should have put it back at 5 instead of 10. yes it's going to be harder to use our other rage costing abilities but what it comes down to is now you actually need to think before you do something, which in my eyes will make warriors a bit more skillful and a lot less mongoloid.

Go on ptr, do a rotation on training dummy(I think they bugged taste for blood so it always only give one stack, so just do ms+op+hamstring instead to simulate rage cost).  See how long it takes in battle stance just to get 1 slam off, or even get the rage for it.  This isn't even counting other things like hamstring or shattering throw etc.

#49 Pritchard

Pritchard
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/0

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:48 AM

View Postdjp771133, on 24 January 2013 - 04:18 AM, said:

30 rage for heroic strike is not a problem now no.  Because right now you can play completely rage free and build up some rage to dump into cs or burst etc.  With this new system we will be constantly rage starved and never get those abilities off, you will rarely see heroic strikes anymore.  If you dont believe me, go on ptr and do training dummy.  Go ms and 2 overpowers over and over, until you get rage for a slam/heroic strike.  You will find it takes quite a while, and this isn't even accounting for having to hamstring etc.  The rage mechanic when you have overpower @ 10 rage is broken, and I don't even see it working in pve.

Btw, your post alone shows how little you know about warriors, and that you probably don't even deserve my reply, but I gave it to you anyway.

I was simply asking you a question, I'm not sure why you have to get all testy friend.  I don't believe I ever stated I was some warrior expert, apparently you assumed that I was speaking from a claimed expert warrior point of view.

#50 Xsv

Xsv
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:58 AM

during a game you will get more rage from second wind. especially with others wanting to train you. you got other things too. yes it sucks ass, i know it's bad right now, but what can you do man. you gotta play with what they give us.

Hamstring costing no rage, and overpower down to 5 rage would be decent i think.

#51 Z4muZ

Z4muZ
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Lightning's Blade
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/2/2/1/0/.
  • LocationIsrael

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:32 AM

View PostRuinz, on 24 January 2013 - 12:08 AM, said:

And your still writing useless shit due to your stone age season 1 glad.

Get the fuck out of here.

and you're still using your incorrectly.

He calls you an acne ridden virgin and you reply about game achievements; are you trying to prove his argument true?
Posted Image

#52 Ethanlien

Ethanlien
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/1/1/0/1
  • RBG: 384

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:42 AM

I think the real scare with warriors is the fact that we are not a utility-based class, and we have very few CC utilities.  So if we can't be dishing out damage as we have been used to, then why would any team need us?  

So whilst rogues can survive, even when their damage output is low, we may not.  We can not stealth or ranged CC, we can not be too devious or dream up synergy combos.  In effect, warriors are THE MOST solo damage dealing class, and by nerfing their damage to too low a level, you (being Blizzard) risk removing us all together.

#53 sarma

sarma
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/0/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 2263
  • 3v3: 2436
  • 5v5: 1247
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:30 AM

View PostXsv, on 24 January 2013 - 04:58 AM, said:

Hamstring costing no rage, and overpower down to 5 rage would be decent i think.

Pintch yourself since you are dreaming. They want you to stop camping in defensive stance 24/7 thats why this nerf is for.
Posted Image

#54 steeze1

steeze1
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Frost 2/2/2/2/2/.

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:34 AM

yes my rap woke the gms up
Click here for all my wow raps, check them out!

''Steeze is a hero to the people in the rap game, he is the greatest wow rapper and the next big sensation'' - SnoopLion (AKA SnoopDogg)

Posted Image

#55 Ethanlien

Ethanlien
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/1/1/0/1
  • RBG: 384

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:33 PM

I'm happy to change stance when

View Postsarma, on 24 January 2013 - 11:30 AM, said:

Pintch yourself since you are dreaming. They want you to stop camping in defensive stance 24/7 thats why this nerf is for.

I'm happy to stance-dance when in battle:

mages/locks have to change armour
hunters change aspects (like the old days)
rogues change poisons (like the old days)
DKs change presences (ok I guess some do now and again)
Shaman change shields and weapon buffs
Priests change ??
Druids change form (I guess that is what they are used to do)
Monks (lol dunno shit about them)

Then it will be fair

#56 dionim

dionim
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 883

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:37 PM

View PostEthanlien, on 24 January 2013 - 03:33 PM, said:

I'm happy to change stance when

I'm happy to stance-dance when in battle:

mages/locks have to change armour
hunters change aspects (like the old days)
rogues change poisons (like the old days)
DKs change presences (ok I guess some do now and again)
Shaman change shields and weapon buffs
Priests change ??
Druids change form (I guess that is what they are used to do)
Monks (lol dunno shit about them)

Then it will be fair

mages still have to decide witch armor to use, and they still change mid game.
locks dont
hunters dont
rogues dont
dks change
shamans change shields
priest change innerfire or innerwill (this is huge for priests)
druids dont change form anymore lol
monks have instances too, but i dont think they change it

edit. they should remove coldown when changing instances for warriors

Edited by dionim, 24 January 2013 - 03:45 PM.

#57 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

View PostZ4muZ, on 24 January 2013 - 07:32 AM, said:

and you're still using your incorrectly.

He calls you an acne ridden virgin and you reply about game achievements; are you trying to prove his argument true?
My acne ridden reply came after this. And we shouldn't really go into game achievements between me and ruinz - I know this guy all to well to judge him like this. Just leave this part of the thread to die

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#58 Usingg

Usingg
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 2324
  • 3v3: 1987
  • 5v5: 1056
  • RBG: 192

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:53 PM

Doesn't matter

still 1 shot everybody
Posted Image
Spoiler

#59 Draedx

Draedx
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/1/2/1/.

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:47 PM

I don't understand why people are even talking about heroic strike, who cares how much rage it is.  That trash should be off your bars, its a complete waste.  The only things you will be using in rotation are overpower (10 rage), mortal strike (generates 10 rage), hamstring (7 rage), and colossus smash (no rage).  Slam is a bursting ability that you will have to pool some rage for, whats so wrong or hard about that?

Has no one considered slipping into berserker stance to gain rage from healable damage.   Do any of you use battle stance on live?  This change to defensive stance is NOT BAD AT ALL.

We will be able to use 2 new glyphs in the patch because 2 old glyphs will be worthless.  Glyph of Mortal Strike and Bull Rush look really appealing.  Bull rush and Juggernaut is 30 rage every 12 seconds. I'm sorry the TR players couldn't figure that out on the target dummies.  Warbringer works with Blitz on TR, which is about as close to 20 second shockwaves as you can get.

Lets look at positive changes for warriors this patch and stop dramatizing the negative changes;
Storm Bolt now deals 125% weapon damage, up from 100%.
Slam now deals 220% weapon damage, down from 190%.
Impending Victory will now heal the Warrior for 15% of maximum health when they have not slain an enemy, up from 10%.
Bladestorm can no longer be disarmed.

Storm bolt does more damage and will scale better with our weapons, and impending victory is a viable option over second wind (especially against melee teams).  We have the option to choose 2 instant abilities that cost no rage and deal scaling damage, on top of Slam's damage being buffed.  Bladestorm is also viable if you do not like the cooldown change to shockwave, I personally think its a great tool to use defensively (1.5 minute stun break imo) and also can be used to pool rage in the process.  I think specs will differentiate between having avatar and shockwave vs having storm bolt and bladestorm. All 3 healing talents are viable also increasing the variance of warriors specs.

Will warriors be as mongoloid as they are now?  No, I still think they will be a lot of fun to play though.  I enjoy that we are getting more options to play with.  People are quick to shoot down battle and berserker stance but they both offer a lot.  Good luck in 5.2!

#60 Hoodzx

Hoodzx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/2/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 1786
  • 3v3: 2299
  • 5v5: 2229
  • RBG: 2225
  • LocationFRANCE

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:58 PM

View PostDraedx, on 24 January 2013 - 08:47 PM, said:

I don't understand why people are even talking about heroic strike, who cares how much rage it is.  That trash should be off your bars, its a complete waste.

Nope, it's 0sec GCD sir.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<