• Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:18 AM

View Postthrudgel, on 24 January 2013 - 12:17 AM, said:

:confused:
Since the PTR notes were realized, everyone in their mother comes into the warrior forums spamming shit. I urge you to check the last few threads on the warrior forums to get a taste of what I'm talking about.

View Postjustchecking, on 10 November 2014 - 11:58 PM, said:

Going to blizzcon looking for a fight is like going to the official wow arena forums for pvp advice :)

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#22 Pritchard

Pritchard
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/0

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:19 AM

i don't get it, your god mode damage reduction is being nerfed so you are more inline with other classes who can't simply rambo in, and you actually got a damage buff.  

I suppose everyone complains when they get nerfed.

#23 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:21 AM

View Posthairpiece, on 24 January 2013 - 12:19 AM, said:

i don't get it, your god mode damage reduction is being nerfed so you are more inline with other classes who can't simply rambo in, and you actually got a damage buff.  

I suppose everyone complains when they get nerfed.
If you would actually take 2 minutes to read all the threads, 99.99999% of the whine is for the overpower change and not for def stance

Going to blizzcon looking for a fight is like going to the official wow arena forums for pvp advice :)

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

#24 Pritchard

Pritchard
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:23 AM

View PostBraindance, on 24 January 2013 - 12:21 AM, said:

If you would actually take 2 minutes to read all the threads, 99.99999% of the whine is for the overpower change and not for def stance

90% of what i read is whining about having to go battle stance and getting gibbed, which is how every other character has to play the game.

The overpower change isn't good, but it's also not "THE DAETH OF WARRRIORZ".

If I sit in battle stance on my warrior, I get a ton of rage anytime i can stick to a target.

#25 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:26 AM

View Posthairpiece, on 24 January 2013 - 12:23 AM, said:

90% of what i read is whining about having to go battle stance and getting gibbed, which is how every other character has to play the game.

The overpower change isn't good, but it's also not "THE DAETH OF WARRRIORZ".

If I sit in battle stance on my warrior, I get a ton of rage anytime i can stick to a target.
We will see if it's the death of warriors or not. For now, even in pve you have to be very wise with your globals and rage to maintain a rotation, let alone if you have to use 20 more rage every 4.5 seconds.

#26 Pritchard

Pritchard
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:29 AM

View PostBraindance, on 24 January 2013 - 12:26 AM, said:

We will see if it's the death of warriors or not. For now, even in pve you have to be very wise with your globals and rage to maintain a rotation, let alone if you have to use 20 more rage every 4.5 seconds.

Well, why should you not have to be wise with your rage in pvp?

I haven't had any problem managing my globals, and I prefer to actually use my globals wisely rather than smash my hands on my keyboard and win.  Rage management isn't hard, its just like everything else in this game (energy management, mana management [haha] etc).

#27 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:32 AM

View Posthairpiece, on 24 January 2013 - 12:29 AM, said:

Well, why should you not have to be wise with your rage in pvp?

I haven't had any problem managing my globals, and I prefer to actually use my globals wisely rather than smash my hands on my keyboard and win.  Rage management isn't hard, its just like everything else in this game (energy management, mana management [haha] etc).
Of course it's not, but at the same time, it's harder to get rage in pvp - you don't just stand there and get white hits. You lose many white attacks + parries and dodges. That is the problem. If rage was more smooth and slightly more abundant there would be no problem.

#28 Caribou

Caribou
  • Junkies

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:38 AM

Buff us, increasing stun duration and damage by 1000%. Remove DRs on every ability and give us a permanent unpurgeable freedom.

#29 Pritchard

Pritchard
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:40 AM

View PostBraindance, on 24 January 2013 - 12:32 AM, said:

Of course it's not, but at the same time, it's harder to get rage in pvp - you don't just stand there and get white hits. You lose many white attacks + parries and dodges. That is the problem. If rage was more smooth and slightly more abundant there would be no problem.

I agree, but there are also a lot of ways to get more rage that people don't take advantage of as frequently (using shouts as part of a rotation for rage, taking advantage of battle/berserker stance [zerker stance generates quite a bit of extra rage if you are facing things like dot cleaves and they aren't directly attacking you but still have dots]).  Rage could possibly be a little more smooth, but it also can't be in so much an abundance that it becomes a non factor, that's similar to having a rogue with infinite energy.  

Dodge/parry also is really only a factor against other melee as well, hitting a caster in battle stance is maximum rage.  But honestly I don't think that's so much of a rage problem as it is a melee have stupid amounts of dodge/parry now for some reason.

Tl;dr Rage gen will still be fine, especially if you have large uptime on a target, essentially since heroic strike won't really be in a rotation at all now, you are switching the rage you would have spent on heroic strike, to overpower now.

#30 AcerMVP

AcerMVP
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/0/0/0/2
  • RBG: 764

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:41 AM

View PostBraindance, on 24 January 2013 - 12:26 AM, said:

Braindance, it won't be the death, shut up. Rogues were the shittiest class in 5.0, 5.1 and we're still here alive and kicking.

#31 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:44 AM

View PostOhhiimMvp, on 24 January 2013 - 12:41 AM, said:

Braindance, it won't be the death, shut up. Rogues were the shittiest class in 5.0, 5.1 and we're still here alive and kicking.
Ofc it won't be death - I am very much aware of that. But I rage at people coming and laughing at warriors in our forum - yes warriors are overpowered, but not everyone plays with 2 buttons you know.

#32 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:47 AM

View Posthairpiece, on 24 January 2013 - 12:40 AM, said:

I agree, but there are also a lot of ways to get more rage that people don't take advantage of as frequently (using shouts as part of a rotation for rage, taking advantage of battle/berserker stance [zerker stance generates quite a bit of extra rage if you are facing things like dot cleaves and they aren't directly attacking you but still have dots]).  Rage could possibly be a little more smooth, but it also can't be in so much an abundance that it becomes a non factor, that's similar to having a rogue with infinite energy.  

Dodge/parry also is really only a factor against other melee as well, hitting a caster in battle stance is maximum rage.  But honestly I don't think that's so much of a rage problem as it is a melee have stupid amounts of dodge/parry now for some reason.

Tl;dr Rage gen will still be fine, especially if you have large uptime on a target, essentially since heroic strike won't really be in a rotation at all now, you are switching the rage you would have spent on heroic strike, to overpower now.
I am really trying to avoid the next patch's playstyle. I am almost sure, people will stay in def stance and just pull up rage and x5 overpower stacks then blow all cds and s12 all over again. But we will see what happens

#33 Pritchard

Pritchard
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:52 AM

View PostBraindance, on 24 January 2013 - 12:47 AM, said:

I am really trying to avoid the next patch's playstyle. I am almost sure, people will stay in def stance and just pull up rage and x5 overpower stacks then blow all cds and s12 all over again. But we will see what happens

I'm sure people will do that, and their sustained damage will suffer because of it, and they will also bitch about when they get out pressured by the warrior who is actually using his damage buttons to do damage, instead of randomly one shot something.  5x overpower will occur in 7.5 seconds, very easily counter able, whereas the warrior who uses cooldowns, and goes through an entire damage rotation including ms/overpower/cs/slam will almost certainly out damage the person pooling up 5 overpowers and going for a one shot that really won't happen over 7.5 seconds anyways.  Using the overpowers as they come up will almost certainly yield more sustained damage.

Edit: the sustained damage increase from sitting in battle will also make people who camp d stance and go for 5 overpower hits also just look silly.  If you play well, even in this fucked up state of game play, you can survive without camping d stance.

Edited by hairpiece, 24 January 2013 - 12:55 AM.

#34 amirdaheat

amirdaheat
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/2
  • RBG: 2269

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:54 AM

View PostBraindance, on 23 January 2013 - 11:34 PM, said:

Wow, retards keep coming back for more - "hey look at me my class got buffed yours will suck and I am happy with your pain. I still have acne and no girl wants to lick my tiny-weenie"

u mad?
Posted Image

#35 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:56 AM

View Posthairpiece, on 24 January 2013 - 12:52 AM, said:

I'm sure people will do that, and their sustained damage will suffer because of it, and they will also bitch about when they get out pressured by the warrior who is actually using his damage buttons to do damage, instead of randomly one shot something.  5x overpower will occur in 7.5 seconds, very easily counter able, whereas the warrior who uses cooldowns, and goes through an entire damage rotation including ms/overpower/cs/slam will almost certainly out damage the person pooling up 5 overpowers and going for a one shot that really won't happen over 7.5 seconds anyways.  Using the overpowers as they come up will almost certainly yield more sustained damage.
Certainly, but think of that; on average if you stay on battle stance you will get 12/3.6+10/4.5~5.5 rage per second. This will barely provide enough rage to use overpowers only. And that is the ideal scenario. Of course charge will provide some rage and second wind, but only if you have a really high uptime of second wind will you be able to keep up a steady, normal rotation

#36 Ruinz

Ruinz
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/2/2/1
  • 2v2: 1820
  • 5v5: 2136
  • RBG: 2557
  • LocationSweden

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:00 AM

View PostBraindance, on 24 January 2013 - 12:14 AM, said:

Listen up you stupid bitch ass swe kid. You were always a low tier glad and I have no clue how you even ended up with rank 1 (EU lol). Now you should go back to your basement and hang out with the other virgins of the sadistic gang. 2 years passed and you still remain the same motherfucking virgin retard I remember.

Go get a life you little uneducated virgin fuck. if I had a gun and 6 bullets I would empty all of them on your empty skull till nothing else remained than dust, and then I would take a piss till the dustified bones corroded and faded to oblivion.

PS: Fuck you again xD

''Low tier glad'' nice logic seeing you are the one having the season 1 gladiator =), perhaps you should ask me if I can help you get glad again like you did in season 9 because camping glad from the first weeks was to hard for you =)

PS: Write another wall of text pls =)

#37 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:02 AM

View PostRuinz, on 24 January 2013 - 01:00 AM, said:

''Low tier glad'' nice logic seeing you are the one having the season 1 gladiator =), perhaps you should ask me if I can help you get glad again like you did in season 9 because camping glad from the first weeks was to hard for you =)

PS: Write another wall of text pls =)
Lol nerd rofl. Cba even rewriting the whole story. Begone - in your words cy@

#38 Pritchard

Pritchard
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:04 AM

View PostBraindance, on 24 January 2013 - 12:56 AM, said:

Certainly, but think of that; on average if you stay on battle stance you will get 12/3.6+10/4.5~5.5 rage per second. This will barely provide enough rage to use overpowers only. And that is the ideal scenario. Of course charge will provide some rage and second wind, but only if you have a really high uptime of second wind will you be able to keep up a steady, normal rotation

Second wind rage gen generally has a high uptime because of the amounts of stuns/immobs in game, most people will be playing with juggernaut as well instead of warbringer, and bull rush gets thrown in the picture too (very nice for extra rage gen).  I'm sure that also the rage numbers might get fine tuned once played with for a little while, but 10 rage could even turn out to be fine.

#39 Claynz

Claynz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1344
  • LocationNorway

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:20 AM

Not the best class anymore but still not the worst, we all saw it coming but if you gona reroll something else because you got hit by the nerfbat so be it. Warriors will still be viable you cant just go like "Warrior/Insert class/ Insert class " anymore you will have comp limits :>

I do agree some of the nerfs are wrong but smeh...

You should try enhancement :D

#40 Pinka

Pinka
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 1850
  • 3v3: 2505
  • 5v5: 2388
  • RBG: 2455

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:50 AM

People rolling away from warrs due to nerfs are not the true warriors. Usually those who rolled warrs for the buffs in the first place and made people QQ on the forums by swifty macros.

These notes are just buffs they reverted back to their original state. They buffed warrior mastery and haste. They found them too op so revered the mastery back and changed our haste to 50% additional instead of 100%. So overall we get a haste buff. Aka more dmg. Even if it is small.
The bladestorm tooltip is just the removal of disarm. It's a buff.

I deffo like the new overpower glyph. The only thing that bothers me greatly is the second wind stun thing. It is insanely stupid. Since warriors die in a stun like 90% of the time already. They made them even weaker against them.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<