• Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:48 PM

View Posthairpiece, on 06 February 2013 - 11:44 PM, said:

theres ways around that utility wise other than just making you do dps, they could do things like make hamstring cost less rage in def stance, or simply just make d stance for non prot work like it used to and nerf damage by a % while leaving rage gen the same as battle stance.  of course i'm sure they won't do anything like that as they will use the excuse they don't want to change things mid expansion.
The completely revamped monks, gave rogues new abilities, and even buffed mages when their original design was to nerf them. Therefore, there is a chance they might tweak some warrior abilities.

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#102 Pritchard

Pritchard
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/0

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:13 AM

View PostBraindance, on 06 February 2013 - 11:48 PM, said:

The completely revamped monks, gave rogues new abilities, and even buffed mages when their original design was to nerf them. Therefore, there is a chance they might tweak some warrior abilities.

i wish they would redesign quite a lot of things, unfortunately i keep seeing what i said from gc on his twitter, one of them being not making mages rely on mage bombs for damage, i don't even play my mage anymore just because i hate the playstyle now.  I hope they do change some things with warriors,  I love to play my warrior alt although I use it mostly for tanking,  but they are just gonna do what they do, and mostly for pve reasons, so /shrug.

#103 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:18 AM

View Posthairpiece, on 07 February 2013 - 12:13 AM, said:

i wish they would redesign quite a lot of things, unfortunately i keep seeing what i said from gc on his twitter, one of them being not making mages rely on mage bombs for damage, i don't even play my mage anymore just because i hate the playstyle now.  I hope they do change some things with warriors,  I love to play my warrior alt although I use it mostly for tanking,  but they are just gonna do what they do, and mostly for pve reasons, so /shrug.
Even for pve (cause I used to pve up to a very competitive level until the end of wotlk) the 5.2 rotation blows. They simply have to change it cause it has less depth even than BC.

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

#104 Deonto

Deonto
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 1507
  • 3v3: 2002
  • RBG: 384

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:07 AM

Warrior
We are currently trying Overpower on a 1 sec GCD (again). We like the way it feels and we like that it boosts Arms' damage without having to increase the damage of special attacks (which risks PvP burst), so we're going to let you guys try it next PTR build.

And now warriors have nothing to complain about(other than OP rage cost still being a tad high, but it may end up being necessary). This will help smooth out the "feel" of the rotation in pvp quite a bit.

Also, the rotation in pve is actually awesome. This how it seems to be working out so far, or is the goal of it(a post of mine on the ptr forums):

1) Mortal Strike>Colossal Smash---then 2 after CS is applied/used:
2) Mortal Strike>Overpower>Slam---Until Sudden Death Procs or CS comes off CD. If SD procs while the CS debuff is active on the target, then 3. If not, then 1:
3) Mortal Strike>Slam---when the CS debuff falls off go to 1.

If I found myself close to rage capping, I favored using OP+HS if I was at risk of potentially wasting OP procs. If I was not going to waste OP procs, then I favored using slam if the GCD would allow me to avoid wasting rage.

So basically you will MS>CS>OP>Slam and then if you happen to get a SD proc while CS is on the target, you drop OP from the rotation and use MS>Slam and then go back to MS>CS>OP>Slam when CS falls off the target.

As far as rage generation went, it felt perfectly fine... In fact, I'd say rage generation feels perfect for this single target rotation. I was in risk of rage capping a bit throughout 5min runs on a dummy, which gave me the option to use HS or needing to put priority on slam in some situations.

-----------------------------------------

Now, there was also another rotation that was very effective..which was:

1) Mortal Strike>Colossal Smash--then 2 after CS is applied/used:
2) Mortal Strike>Slam--until CS debuff falls off, then 3:
3) Mortal Strike>Overpower>Slam--Until Sudden Death procs or CS comes off CD, then 1.

So basically you will MS>CS and then spam MS>Slam while CS is active on your target. After the CS debuff falls, you switch to using MS>OP>Slam until SD procs or CS comes off CD.. Then repeat.

As far as rage generation went... It was in low income. With this rotation, you never come close to being able to use heroic strike. And you will potentially run into situations where you will have to use OP during CS uptime.

This rotation sucked(read as: just not fun)... And both of these rotations were very close in numbers. But I doubt this rotation is the goal of the spec. Still, shows how strong a pure burst rotation is.

--------------------------------------------------

I think that this thread should be closed, personally. It serves no true purpose in discussing anything. And is nothing more than QQ(quite a bit of misinformation in here as well).

Warriors are truly fine on the ptr at the moment(especially true with 1sec GCD overpowers).

Edited by Deonto, 07 February 2013 - 01:18 AM.

Posted Image
All credit goes to Beldam for this (amazing) meme.

#105 Galaleo

Galaleo
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:22 AM

Time to take off the training wheels warriors. Gotta peddle like the big boys to keep up now, so sorry.

#106 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:54 AM

View PostDeonto, on 07 February 2013 - 01:07 AM, said:

Warrior
We are currently trying Overpower on a 1 sec GCD (again). We like the way it feels and we like that it boosts Arms' damage without having to increase the damage of special attacks (which risks PvP burst), so we're going to let you guys try it next PTR build.

And now warriors have nothing to complain about(other than OP rage cost still being a tad high, but it may end up being necessary). This will help smooth out the "feel" of the rotation in pvp quite a bit.

Also, the rotation in pve is actually awesome. This how it seems to be working out so far, or is the goal of it(a post of mine on the ptr forums):

1) Mortal Strike>Colossal Smash---then 2 after CS is applied/used:
2) Mortal Strike>Overpower>Slam---Until Sudden Death Procs or CS comes off CD. If SD procs while the CS debuff is active on the target, then 3. If not, then 1:
3) Mortal Strike>Slam---when the CS debuff falls off go to 1.

If I found myself close to rage capping, I favored using OP+HS if I was at risk of potentially wasting OP procs. If I was not going to waste OP procs, then I favored using slam if the GCD would allow me to avoid wasting rage.

So basically you will MS>CS>OP>Slam and then if you happen to get a SD proc while CS is on the target, you drop OP from the rotation and use MS>Slam and then go back to MS>CS>OP>Slam when CS falls off the target.

As far as rage generation went, it felt perfectly fine... In fact, I'd say rage generation feels perfect for this single target rotation. I was in risk of rage capping a bit throughout 5min runs on a dummy, which gave me the option to use HS or needing to put priority on slam in some situations.

-----------------------------------------

Now, there was also another rotation that was very effective..which was:

1) Mortal Strike>Colossal Smash--then 2 after CS is applied/used:
2) Mortal Strike>Slam--until CS debuff falls off, then 3:
3) Mortal Strike>Overpower>Slam--Until Sudden Death procs or CS comes off CD, then 1.

So basically you will MS>CS and then spam MS>Slam while CS is active on your target. After the CS debuff falls, you switch to using MS>OP>Slam until SD procs or CS comes off CD.. Then repeat.

As far as rage generation went... It was in low income. With this rotation, you never come close to being able to use heroic strike. And you will potentially run into situations where you will have to use OP during CS uptime.

This rotation sucked(read as: just not fun)... And both of these rotations were very close in numbers. But I doubt this rotation is the goal of the spec. Still, shows how strong a pure burst rotation is.

--------------------------------------------------

I think that this thread should be closed, personally. It serves no true purpose in discussing anything. And is nothing more than QQ(quite a bit of misinformation in here as well).

Warriors are truly fine on the ptr at the moment(especially true with 1sec GCD overpowers).
This will fix the rotation clutter BUT will we have enough rage?

#107 Deonto

Deonto
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 1507
  • 3v3: 2002
  • RBG: 384

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:13 AM

View PostBraindance, on 07 February 2013 - 01:54 AM, said:

This will fix the rotation clutter BUT will we have enough rage?

It depends on the rotation. With the first one I listed, you have plenty of rage. And actually get to use/need to use HS.

In the second rotation, you are fairly rage starved if you get back-to-back SD procs.

To be honest, I have no idea which one is actually better. They are both insanely close numbers wise when self buffed. It seems the first one might come out on top if played well. Since OP is now a 1sec GCD it could cause you to be able to get off another slam or MS during the CS debuff(if you get an SD proc while CS is active on the target).

But this also means you just get to use slam more often. It could cause you to never be able to use HS again(especially with glyph of undying rage) but I do not think it will cause rage issues with a standard rotation(or, well, with the first one I listed anyways). And multiple crits with MS and CS in a row could still cause you to have the need to use HS.

But basically, if you do not spam slam like mad, rage is actually fine. It's only an issue if you go crazy with slams.

Side note: I assume that with full CDs popped, it may be better to hope for RNG to be in your favor and do nothing but spam slams in a CS(well, and MS). Basically hoping for a quick SD proc afterwards. Could cause rage issues during recklessness but whatever.

Edited by Deonto, 07 February 2013 - 02:57 AM.

Posted Image
All credit goes to Beldam for this (amazing) meme.

#108 Covlol

Covlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Fury 0/2/1/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1609
  • 3v3: 2413
  • 5v5: 2261
  • RBG: 1787

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:05 AM

View PostLightsmop, on 06 February 2013 - 09:08 PM, said:

KFC retard has spoken...thats why i hate some 2.2k tards are getting access and just flaming other ppl.

what you miss is the amount of survivability the warrior got...second wind nuff said?
the mobility is also a kind of survivability to avoid dmg, which the most classes dont have.
tell me how a priest can avoid getting trained...he doesnt have any escape ability apart from "vanish", which isnt even a good one.

if youre a good warr you will always be able to live through big CC chains by charging around or leaping around...

most of the time i'm playing healers and the warrior is by far the easiest class to heal through dmg whilst mages cant even risk to get trained by hunter/warrior without them popping CDs...thats a huge difference.

O noez godcomp champion doesn't agree with me....

See i can pull brain dead assumptions out of my ass too when i don't agree with you.

O and just in case u still don't get it.. i didn't play a cleave :P
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Lvl 1 Dk Legend Covlol

#109 Nereos

Nereos
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 2/1/1/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2016

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:03 PM

EDIT: I decided to start a new topic about the post since it didn't really have anything to do with the topic in this thread, sorry!

Here's the thread I started: http://www.arenajunk...arrior-stances/

Edited by Nereos, 08 February 2013 - 11:33 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<