zaeya
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline 1/0/1/1/2/1

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:27 PM

View Postdionim, on 22 January 2013 - 07:15 PM, said:

does anyone else thinks it is dumb and overpowered?

imo trinket should do something idk, maybe cancel vortex...

This seems dumb and overpowered if you don't expect it. I play a DK as my main this season and at first I was frustrated and annoyed when we got instantly killed in the first solar beam basically just by the moonkin's ridiculous crits (they were playing boomkin/hpala/mage), but the fault was our own. We were stacked and let the boomkin get a clean opener. Every game following we didn't stack, AMZ'd the Beam and I ate the Boomkin for every meal that day.

#22 Jinngofagswag

Jinngofagswag
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Unholy 2/0/2/0/0/2
  • RBG: 2149

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:44 PM

Yeah, its going to be way 2 strong next season

#23 dionim

dionim
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 883

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:42 PM

View Postzaeya, on 23 January 2013 - 03:27 PM, said:

This seems dumb and overpowered if you don't expect it. I play a DK as my main this season and at first I was frustrated and annoyed when we got instantly killed in the first solar beam basically just by the moonkin's ridiculous crits (they were playing boomkin/hpala/mage), but the fault was our own. We were stacked and let the boomkin get a clean opener. Every game following we didn't stack, AMZ'd the Beam and I ate the Boomkin for every meal that day.

srsly i was facing the same comp as you, arena starts i see only a pally, i buff my partners and myself with shield, boomkim poops out of stealth using beam and vortex, mage also with F orb, they killed me with like 3 seconds remaing on beam, i did 0 healing that game, my partners tried to help but they trinket/bop and also ddint cast a single spell until i died.

if that is working as intented, warriors and shadowpriest are fine right now.

i just think your trinket should do something about beam+vortex, or make some of those spells have a cast, or brake on damage idk
roots beam its not op.

Edited by dionim, 23 January 2013 - 05:43 PM.

#24 Korzul

Korzul
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Doomhammer
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 2315
  • 3v3: 2744
  • 5v5: 480
  • RBG: 1151

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:50 PM

It is a rather obnoxious combo but sadly it's about all moonkins have right now. You survive the vigil+incarnation+beam+vortex and you're good to go for 3 mins. Boomkins drop like a sack of spuds etc.

Ideally they'd make the beam trinketable to stop the stupidity in RBGs. Make the silence a magic buff that gets applied every 0.5 secs in the area and if it gets removed by any means (dispel/trinket etc) you get a debuff preventing it being re-applied for a few seconds.

Or give me totems under blanket silences again :).

Either way if you change it you'd have to give boomkins some survivability buffs or some extra utility to make them useful.

Edited by Korzul, 23 January 2013 - 05:51 PM.

#25 Polke

Polke
  • Junkies

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:50 PM

Again, the first time you walk out of it you can inner focus and cast through the beam.

#26 Absoqt

Absoqt
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Burning Legion
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Discipline 1/2/1/1/1/2
  • RBG: 1905

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:59 PM

Still not as bad as chaining 150k starsurges.
Gooby pls

#27 dionim

dionim
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:06 PM

View PostChzbrgr, on 23 January 2013 - 05:50 PM, said:

Again, the first time you walk out of it you can inner focus and cast through the beam.

how can you walk out of it mate?
i could use fade... oh wait i cant do anything

edit. i always try (thats the only think i can do) but never get out before it pulls me back again

Edited by dionim, 23 January 2013 - 06:11 PM.

#28 Polke

Polke
  • Junkies

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:09 PM

View Postdionim, on 23 January 2013 - 06:06 PM, said:

how can you walk out of it mate?
i could use fade... oh wait i cant do anything

Like everyone else?

And you can actually LoS the vortex as well, just stand close enough to the edge of a pillar and you can bug it out by walking around that edge.

Edited by Chzbrgr, 23 January 2013 - 06:11 PM.

#29 dionim

dionim
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:26 PM

I always try to run out (duhh) but never get out, im always slowed i dont know if it from the vortex spell or not, looks like im dazed.

running around a pillar doenst do much, since all they do is instant cast spells, but i manage to survive a couple times when the arena had a second flor like dalaran and B. edge.

#30 Polke

Polke
  • Junkies

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:29 PM

The vortex slows you yeah, but if you hug the pillar and LoS the actual vortex it wont pull you back in.

#31 Esylium

Esylium
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1979
  • 3v3: 2430
  • 5v5: 480
  • RBG: 768

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:34 PM

just make it possible to aura mastery inside beam and it will be fine. I dont like their 170k crits though. Was facing 2x boomkin and the first one pops all cds so I have to ams etc. Next one pop cds insta dead.

Edited by Esylium, 23 January 2013 - 07:13 PM.

#32 CGK

CGK
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 0/0/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 576

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:01 PM

View Postdionim, on 22 January 2013 - 07:15 PM, said:

imo trinket should do something idk, maybe cancel vortex...

trinket does cancel vortex
<3

#33 zaeya

zaeya
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline 1/0/1/1/2/1

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:20 PM

View Postdionim, on 23 January 2013 - 05:42 PM, said:

srsly i was facing the same comp as you, arena starts i see only a pally, i buff my partners and myself with shield, boomkim poops out of stealth using beam and vortex, mage also with F orb, they killed me with like 3 seconds remaing on beam, i did 0 healing that game, my partners tried to help but they trinket/bop and also ddint cast a single spell until i died.

if that is working as intented, warriors and shadowpriest are fine right now.

i just think your trinket should do something about beam+vortex, or make some of those spells have a cast, or brake on damage idk
roots beam its not op.

If your team wasn't in the beam, they should have been able to help you. As long as we didn't stack (same with 2s), we were able to live through the beam/vortex, regardless of which of us it was on, and destroy the Boomkin almost instantly.

If Boomkins had much more survivability, and could force your team's CDs, saving the beam/vortex for after your CDs are exhausted, then yeah, it'd be a guaranteed kill. But they have to try to kill you in the opener, which is basically completely dependent on your team doing something wrong.

#34 Shellshockz

Shellshockz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Azralon
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 2188

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:29 PM

Solar beam + vortex mechanic is broken for sure, even if you outplay the enemy boomkin by preventing beam and poping aura mastery you can't still do SHIT because aura mastery durations is still lower than beam which is insane broken

#35 Snuggli

Snuggli
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Steamwheedle Cartel
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 1925
  • 3v3: 2209
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:35 PM

Paladins can bubble.
Shamans can aura mastery.
Priests can aura mastery.
Druids can displacer.

If you play with a shadow priest you can be gripped out of it.

Nearly every DPS class has a mechanic that can negate the beam+vortex. (Disperse, block, bubble, port, charge, leap).

I'm not saying it's balanced by any means, but it's no different to a Warrior popping his oneshot macro while you're in a warbringer>shockwave. Or a Destro Lock chucking chaos bolts into you while you're in blood fear > shadowfury. Or a Mage with orb and frostbomb up while you're in a deep. Nearly all of them force your biggest defensive CD.

The one thing that does need to change about Vortex/Beam is the way trinket works around it though. Maybe trinket could disable the effect of the solar beam for the duration of it.

View PostBraindance, on 11 October 2013 - 12:44 PM, said:

Go listen to some Bieber shit and leave me alone fucko.

#36 Dividium

Dividium
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 1/2/1/1/1/1
  • RBG: 2036

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:48 PM

View PostSnuggli, on 23 January 2013 - 09:35 PM, said:

Paladins can bubble.
Shamans can aura mastery.
Priests can aura mastery.
Druids can displacer.

If you play with a shadow priest you can be gripped out of it.

Nearly every DPS class has a mechanic that can negate the beam+vortex. (Disperse, block, bubble, port, charge, leap).

I'm not saying it's balanced by any means, but it's no different to a Warrior popping his oneshot macro while you're in a warbringer>shockwave. Or a Destro Lock chucking chaos bolts into you while you're in blood fear > shadowfury. Or a Mage with orb and frostbomb up while you're in a deep. Nearly all of them force your biggest defensive CD.

The one thing that does need to change about Vortex/Beam is the way trinket works around it though. Maybe trinket could disable the effect of the solar beam for the duration of it.

Well, while you have a point your logic is a bit flawed. Auramastery isn't a "defensive" against vortex solarbeam, you need to pre-pop it before it happens. That means that if you fail to auramastery, you'll be punished by not being able to do anything. Not so bad for shamans, since they have their 1000k hp passive defensive, but it shatters disc priests in half.

#37 Snuggli

Snuggli
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Steamwheedle Cartel
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 1925
  • 3v3: 2209
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:03 PM

View PostDividium, on 23 January 2013 - 09:48 PM, said:

Well, while you have a point your logic is a bit flawed. Auramastery isn't a "defensive" against vortex solarbeam, you need to pre-pop it before it happens. That means that if you fail to auramastery, you'll be punished by not being able to do anything. Not so bad for shamans, since they have their 1000k hp passive defensive, but it shatters disc priests in half.

I meant the aura mastery negates the vortex part of it. You can walk about 1-2 yards outside the beam before it pulls you back in. Giving you a couple of split seconds to pop your aura mastery, so you can freecast inside of it.

View PostBraindance, on 11 October 2013 - 12:44 PM, said:

Go listen to some Bieber shit and leave me alone fucko.

#38 Zerud

Zerud

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:39 PM

View PostShellshockz, on 23 January 2013 - 09:29 PM, said:

Solar beam + vortex mechanic is broken for sure, even if you outplay the enemy boomkin by preventing beam and poping aura mastery you can't still do SHIT because aura mastery durations is still lower than beam which is insane broken

Beam+vortex is around a 4-6 second silence depending on the placement of the vortex and your initial reaction.
So worst case scenario, if you pop ur Auramastery right when he pops beam+vortex, you'll eat 1 second of silence after your AM and your outside of the beam.

I wouldn't mind vortex being trinketable though, seems fair to me

#39 Wallirik

Wallirik
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2567
  • 3v3: 3226
  • 5v5: 2495
  • RBG: 2592

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:43 PM

lol people defending this..

you're obviously fucking clueless :)

#40 Zub

Zub
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/1

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:37 AM

View PostSnuggli, on 23 January 2013 - 10:03 PM, said:

I meant the aura mastery negates the vortex part of it. You can walk about 1-2 yards outside the beam before it pulls you back in. Giving you a couple of split seconds to pop your aura mastery, so you can freecast inside of it.

I don't know about others but this seems essentially impossible for me due to client-server lag, I always need to run far over the range of beam to escape the silence effect and have never been able to cast anything before being pulled back in. I'm pretty sure vortex+beam is half the cooldown of shaman and paladin aura mastery too.

I've played with a moonkin for part of this season and the entire design seems pretty stupid and in need of changes, you either instantly kill someone with sick RNG with every CD popped or you don't land a kill and you do almost no pressure outside of cools until they come up again. I guess most classes are like this now (imo it's a bad design overall) but it seems to be worse for balance.

Edited by Zub, 24 January 2013 - 03:37 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<