• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Arms 2/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2482

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:39 AM

View Postpyrellael_3428244, on 24 January 2013 - 05:09 AM, said:

They should just remove the Cooldown on stances, making it only on the GCD, no risk of going battle stance and dying randomly in 3 seconds unless you get stunned and can't switch back.

I honestly don't understand why there is a cooldown in general on them
This is a great point, staying in battle (stance) without a trinket will be scary, you must watch out a lot more then just sitting in D stance like it is atm

Edited by Andreirl, 25 January 2013 - 12:39 AM.

#142 Pinkums

Pinkums
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Frost 2/2/1/0/1/0
  • RBG: 2461

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:54 AM

View Postitsrambo23, on 24 January 2013 - 02:18 AM, said:

btw norbok,

ur tsg...  why did it come to sargeras horde,   and then leave after getting stuck at 2250-2300 ?????

after going 18-1   vs   killashock - pigboy - docpep ??? :|

cuz we do what we want. yolo
have a problem?

Edited by Pinkums, 25 January 2013 - 12:55 AM.

#143 djp771133

djp771133
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1524

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:49 AM

View PostPinkums, on 25 January 2013 - 12:54 AM, said:

cuz we do what we want. yolo
have a problem?

just want to say, you are a beast dk. That is all.

#144 Manakuski

Manakuski
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormreaver
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/2/0/1/1
  • 2v2: 1940
  • 3v3: 2109

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:47 AM

View PostGrokkqt, on 24 January 2013 - 08:41 PM, said:

or just play warriors as we are supposed to be played aka battle stance while not focused, and defensive stance when you got someone training your white ass.. ive been in battlestance way more then D Stance this season and worked out fine for me so far.

Yes. Deep freeze -> you're dead before you even have the chance to trinket. If you do manage to trinket, you'll die anyway, because you have too little hp to recover or your healer just used every single cd to keep you alive.

#145 Silhin

Silhin
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 2/2/2/2/0/2
  • RBG: 1961

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:31 AM

View PostThugjitsu, on 23 January 2013 - 04:42 PM, said:

Hilarious, its always a rogue or a mage running their mouths on warrior threads thinking anyone cares what they are saying...

View PostThugjitsu, on 23 January 2013 - 04:42 PM, said:

Hilarious, its always a rogue or a mage running their mouths on warrior threads thinking anyone cares what they are saying...

Always some s9 MMR abuser always posting nothing constructive

#146 Silhin

Silhin
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:39 AM

View PostDuncan, on 23 January 2013 - 05:16 AM, said:

90% of the time cds are to counter other players cds/cc chains, if we sat in battle stance we literally would be popping them to survive one person let alone 2.  I seriously suggest all of you that are suggesting that were just complaining/want to stay op in d stance that is not it, we just don't want to be dead all the time.

If you don't believe me have any dps go duel a warrior in battle stance without him changing or just hit them watch the #'s global him you will feel like your hitting a clothie without shields.

View PostDuncan, on 23 January 2013 - 05:16 AM, said:

90% of the time cds are to counter other players cds/cc chains, if we sat in battle stance we literally would be popping them to survive one person let alone 2.  I seriously suggest all of you that are suggesting that were just complaining/want to stay op in d stance that is not it, we just don't want to be dead all the time.

If you don't believe me have any dps go duel a warrior in battle stance without him changing or just hit them watch the #'s global him you will feel like your hitting a clothie without shields.

Yet how many times u lawl avatar charge shockwave dead somone ? again blame the damage in the game that everyone recieves no cry about how your not a god at this game anymore  

View PostMoshe, on 23 January 2013 - 12:11 PM, said:

Just wait for the patch day, go play some 3s and train a warrior from start to finish then come back here and remember this thread. Pretty much useless to argue and try to convince to these ppl who don't play warrior that this nerf is gonna hurt and make warriors 1# target to train since the only vision in their mind is the dying in shockwave, warbringer etc. They can't have the sympathy for us because what warriors did this season, so in their mind everything is justified and the more the better you know.

View PostMoshe, on 23 January 2013 - 12:11 PM, said:

Just wait for the patch day, go play some 3s and train a warrior from start to finish then come back here and remember this thread. Pretty much useless to argue and try to convince to these ppl who don't play warrior that this nerf is gonna hurt and make warriors 1# target to train since the only vision in their mind is the dying in shockwave, warbringer etc. They can't have the sympathy for us because what warriors did this season, so in their mind everything is justified and the more the better you know.

In the current game No one ever goes for warrior so it be nice if we can finally kill a warrior

Or did u think you was just amazing and outplaying everyone when u Leaped away from a bomb and started Ping ponging around the map like a mindless mongloid while taking like 80% less damage than everyone else and healing for 3% of your Hp while Aoe stunning everything in sight ? Your all delusional Go get a job Alrdy

Edited by Silhin, 26 January 2013 - 01:40 AM.

#147 djp771133

djp771133
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:08 AM

View PostSilhin, on 26 January 2013 - 01:39 AM, said:

Yet how many times u lawl avatar charge shockwave dead somone ? again blame the damage in the game that everyone recieves no cry about how your not a god at this game anymore  

In the current game No one ever goes for warrior so it be nice if we can finally kill a warrior

Or did u think you was just amazing and outplaying everyone when u Leaped away from a bomb and started Ping ponging around the map like a mindless mongloid while taking like 80% less damage than everyone else and healing for 3% of your Hp while Aoe stunning everything in sight ? Your all delusional Go get a job Alrdy

healing %health with stupid amounts of passive dr and survival cds?  Running around los and having no consequence?  amazing burst, and stupid 100-0 stunlocks on people?

damn, that does not sound like s11 rogue at all.

Edited by djp771133, 26 January 2013 - 02:09 AM.

#148 Caribou

Caribou
  • Junkies

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:22 PM

Why is everyone so fucking emotional over some class changes? Having played Warrior since 2006, this shit always works itself out, crying on the forums is as much use as crying in a corner and whining in real life.

Just stop.

Edited by Caribou, 26 January 2013 - 05:55 PM.

#149 Moshe

Moshe
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Vashj
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/0/1/1
  • 2v2: 1707
  • 3v3: 2354
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationFinland

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:20 PM

View PostCaribou, on 26 January 2013 - 01:22 PM, said:

Why is everyone so fucking emotional over some class changes? Having played Warrior since 2006, this shit always works itself out, crying on the forums is as much use as crying in a corner and whining in real life.

Just stop.

We are not whining, we are just having a civilized conversation over the upcoming changes. Can you not see? :>

#150 Hyrmine

Hyrmine
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 2/1/1/1/1/0

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:39 PM

time to gear up rogue

#151 Silhin

Silhin
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:01 PM

View Postdjp771133, on 26 January 2013 - 02:08 AM, said:

healing %health with stupid amounts of passive dr and survival cds?  Running around los and having no consequence?  amazing burst, and stupid 100-0 stunlocks on people?

View Postdjp771133, on 26 January 2013 - 02:08 AM, said:

At no point S11 rogue was as retard as warrior this season if u beleave so your delusional

#152 djp771133

djp771133
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:26 PM

View PostSilhin, on 26 January 2013 - 10:01 PM, said:

At no point S11 rogue was as retard as warrior this season if u beleave so your delusional

Posted Image

Edited by djp771133, 26 January 2013 - 10:31 PM.

#153 Nightmonkey

Nightmonkey
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/0/0
  • RBG: 1999

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:29 PM

My Warrior was my main for a long time, but I came to hate it in MoP because it just doesn't feel like playing a Warrior anymore.  Everything is usable in one stance and they've given us a bunch of old Prot abilities to play with as Arms instead of giving us new abilities as talents.

Warrior defensive abilities are simply too good right now in comparison to some other classes.  I feel like the nerf to Defensive stance is warranted.  I do not think the Second Wind nerf is a good design.  Somehow we've managed to get so far away from the old Warrior design that Second Wind now does almost the exact opposite of what it used to do.  Why don't they just revert it to what it used to be?  Healing and rage when you get stunned, rage when you get rooted.  

The new changes promote Warriors being trained 100%.  At least in days of old when you got trained as a Warrior that also meant you got unlimited rage to throw right back at them, now you just have to bend over and take it.

All that said, I agree with every Warrior nerf except the rage cost on Overpower.  They should put the rage cost somewhere else (Csmash maybe?) because in 5.2 you will just be a damage sponge in Defensive stance if the rage cost on Overpower goes through.

I've played both Enhancement and Ret this season, and a Warrior in Battle stance is no different from those specs.  I'm not saying that makes sitting in Battle stance okay because those other specs have to deal with it, quite the opposite.  Those specs are shining examples of poorly designed (or non existent) defensive abilities, and they get trained 100% in arena no matter what comp they face.

#154 Chriiz

Chriiz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/0/0/1/1
  • RBG: 2236

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:16 AM

Ofc these nerfs seem to be pretty hard to deal with and some changes maybe totally unnecessary,
but it´ll give u something to distinguish from other warriors.
Fucked me up so much that u couldnt see any difference to other warriors. We were all doing the same.
No smart play at all sitting in one stance all day long, so just turn back on ur brain and learn to stancedance right again!
Let´s just wait and see what this really will bring to us. Good ones will always be on the top

#155 Mirionx

Mirionx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 1/2/2/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2662

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:21 AM

View PostSilhin, on 26 January 2013 - 10:01 PM, said:

Actually, I think rogues during S11 was even worse. Every single opener you could die, it was fantastic fun on the other end.

#156 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:47 AM

stop comparing s11 rogue with s12 warrior. not that it matters but the proper match up is s5 dk and s12 warrior,
That said, warriors should never have passive reduction in battle stance, wearing plate + swapping to defensive stance + die by the sword + wall + banner are enough defensives, also note that you can jump behind the pillar to your healer every time, or safeguard your healer.
And by default warriors should do less damage in defensive stance, the only problem is , the rage cost of core abilities should not be adjusted to a point where they rage starve and are unable to perform.(overpower change)

#157 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:22 AM

View PostDjandawg, on 28 January 2013 - 02:47 AM, said:

stop comparing s11 rogue with s12 warrior. not that it matters but the proper match up is s5 dk and s12 warrior,
That said, warriors should never have passive reduction in battle stance, wearing plate + swapping to defensive stance + die by the sword + wall + banner are enough defensives, also note that you can jump behind the pillar to your healer every time, or safeguard your healer.
And by default warriors should do less damage in defensive stance, the only problem is , the rage cost of core abilities should not be adjusted to a point where they rage starve and are unable to perform.(overpower change)
I want some of that acid

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#158 Duncan

Duncan
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Fury 1/1/2/0/1/0
  • RBG: 2511

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:27 AM

With that logic you should you should jump in with the blizzard devs because we all know they need people with wrong opinions at least you understand being 100% rage starved is wrong.  Still being able to die in a dr stun is not wrong? You say swap defensive pop defensive, but we will be eating shadow step 6 second kidney shots and just die if we don't trinket, but if we do trinket its bomb death next patch don't you know even in defensive stance.

So what are we to do just die, or do no damage? Utilizing battle stance would be nice if it did something besides normalizing rage to how it should be for example the most similar class to warrior is as far as stances/defensive passive.  In frost presence reduced frost strike, 20% cc reduction, and another thing I believe.  We literally just get rage to maintain a rotation that keeps pressure, and is powerful, and scary  with cds.  

The risk of death/loss of cds is too great for the reward of maintaining a dps rotation.  We are warriors not rogues we do not spam cc's infinitely or at least that is what is broken, and is being addressed about warriors. We are a beefy dps class that has strong damage we have always been that, but It is making us a squishy highly rewarding target passed the point of idiotic if we are not targeted by the enemy players.

#159 djp771133

djp771133
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:44 AM

we should be class with good surivability and good damage, but low cc.  Not the class with high damage that gets trained every game because of poor defensives and get stuck with bad cc too.  

Right now we have really good cc, we are invincible, and we do god mode damage.  If changes go through we will be class with high damage, low cc, and low surv.

This is why people want passive dr on battle stance or OP rage cost gone.  Because if warrior gets trained with these changes it is highly rewarding (they do no damage, and can easily die in stun).  Btw you realize taking away the ragecost on overpower and adding dr to battlestance is basically the same change right?

#160 Lieto

Lieto
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Arthas
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Subtlety
  • LocationKyiv. Ukraine.

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:24 AM

the problem with battlestance is, that warrior die instantly without the 25% damage reduction. i tried stancedancing for a long time, atleast in 2s. but after losing 90% of my life in every full deep freeze(the mage was the only dmg source)
That made me giggle for some reason.
How do you think other classes deal with that? lol

Right now we have really good cc, we are invincible, and we do god mode damage.  If changes go through we will be class with high damage, low cc, and low surv.
dont forget mobility, you can stick to your target indefinitely nowadays. Sometimes i swap to warrior and i cant catch up cause he is jumping all over the place. It never happened in s1-s8 or so.

As for "warrior should have low cc" — but you still want to be glued to your target, right?

Edited by Lieto, 28 January 2013 - 11:29 AM.

Shadowmelding since 2007.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<