#141 zsuper

zsuper
  • Junkies
  • Unknown Raceclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/2

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:15 AM

To be honest, when I actually played 3s, good teams (i.e. not mongoloid cleaves) had absolutely no problem crossing CC on me and my healer when they went for kills.

I wouldn't be okay with losing either Life Swap or Mass Dispel, unless we were given an additional form of CC that isn't a Fear. Just flat out removing either would be crippling, because our peels are terrible and our burst is completely RNG.

Aside from that, I think a lot of people don't understand how Shadow damage works.

Edited by zsuper, 24 January 2013 - 03:24 AM.

#142 wtfbro

wtfbro
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Crushridge
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/.

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:33 AM

View Postdionim, on 24 January 2013 - 02:24 AM, said:

same way i did every season, its not news shadow being trained and cant do shit about it
and we have fade now too lol
have you played s5,s6,s7,s8,s9,s10,s11 ? procs are only here this season...
you forget that there were less stuns/interrupts aswell.. now if u juke a pummel (warriors in this case as an example), you either get disrupting shouted or shockwaved into warbringer getting completely locked out and not being able to control your character

#143 Nitric

Nitric
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/1/2/1/1
  • RBG: 2436

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:37 AM

imo, fade should just be like feign death or something. The untargetable bullshit is so ridiculous.

#144 Loveformoney

Loveformoney
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Tarren Mill
  • Misery
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:16 AM

View PostNitric, on 24 January 2013 - 03:37 AM, said:

imo, fade should just be like feign death or something. The untargetable bullshit is so ridiculous.

Indeed, kinda dumb. It would be better if they put 4 seconds freedom when you fade and keep the untargetable thing for disc.

Life Swap and Dispersion should apply debuff similar to Hypothermia which prevents using either of these for 20 seconds.

Mass Dispel shouldn't have defensive component on it, or at least it could remove only one debuff per person (so this way other classes could protect their CC's). Or completely remove the defensive component (highly unlikely they'll do this since PVE) but give shadow self dispel back.
Member of AJ Gentleman's Club- A fine gentleman!

#145 dionim

dionim
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 883

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:39 AM

View Postwtfbro, on 24 January 2013 - 03:33 AM, said:

you forget that there were less stuns/interrupts aswell.. now if u juke a pummel (warriors in this case as an example), you either get disrupting shouted or shockwaved into warbringer getting completely locked out and not being able to control your character

i could add s1, s2, s3, s4 too but i ddint played

you forgot at s5 you had dks immune to spells with their pets doing the most annoying pushback even together with mindfreeze being 10s coldown, plus grip, plus pet stun, plus strang

not to mention rogues with cheap shot off dr with kidney plus kick 10seconds, plus gouge and guess wat they could interrupt you for the whole game if they time it out

we also had to deal with ATC and if you dont remember prot were worst than the warriors now, they had more stun, more silences and pummel was still at 10seconds cd, together with AoE reflect 10s coldown

at cata everyone got interrupts and stun to work with, was by far the best for getting casts off but mindnumbling, dk disease made it really hard too

well idk if you played it before, now its easier than ever...

i really wish caster could cast again, dont mind if its a 1.0s casts like wrath, back in wrath everyone was using death at 0.5s pollys, i think when we get old our mind become slower.

Edited by dionim, 24 January 2013 - 09:42 AM.

#146 dionim

dionim
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:46 AM

View PostLoveformoney, on 24 January 2013 - 09:16 AM, said:

Indeed, kinda dumb. It would be better if they put 4 seconds freedom when you fade and keep the untargetable thing for disc.

Life Swap and Dispersion should apply debuff similar to Hypothermia which prevents using either of these for 20 seconds.

Mass Dispel shouldn't have defensive component on it, or at least it could remove only one debuff per person (so this way other classes could protect their CC's). Or completely remove the defensive component (highly unlikely they'll do this since PVE) but give shadow self dispel back.

really good solutions here, i like the hypothermia thing, but it need to last 30s +, it actually make the priest killable when he do it for his healer and would not affect disc since we cant disperse.

MD could dispel only 1 debuff, this together with the mana cost ou be a good change, and people can use cross cc and cover buff to counter it

and yes self dispel for the love of god, being stuck at novas is really dumb, since we have no slow at all.

Edited by dionim, 24 January 2013 - 09:48 AM.

#147 Fleinflex

Fleinflex
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/0/2
  • RBG: 1707
  • LocationNorway

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:04 AM

Something needs to happen with the priest MD for sure, the only problem is all the CC that is in the game atm. If I did not play with a shadow priest I swear to god I would sit 1 minute straight in CC without beeing able to play the game at all... (When my pvp trinket is on CD that is)
Posted Image

#148 dionim

dionim
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:09 AM

View PostFleinflex, on 24 January 2013 - 10:04 AM, said:

Something needs to happen with the priest MD for sure, the only problem is all the CC that is in the game atm. If I did not play with a shadow priest I swear to god I would sit 1 minute straight in CC without beeing able to play the game at all... (When my pvp trinket is on CD that is)

if a druid that can shift, tree, block(maybe), heal mostly with instants says that

imagine a priest lol

#149 Filthpig

Filthpig
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1644
  • 3v3: 2264
  • 5v5: 192
  • RBG: 1945

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:09 AM

Remove mass dispel, give pvp trinket 2 charges 3m cd.

#150 majorblood

majorblood
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/1/2/2/1
  • RBG: 2202

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:39 AM

why does bm break hunters from every cc again?

#151 Loveformoney

Loveformoney
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Tarren Mill
  • Misery

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:42 AM

View Postdionim, on 24 January 2013 - 09:46 AM, said:

really good solutions here, i like the hypothermia thing, but it need to last 30s +, it actually make the priest killable when he do it for his healer and would not affect disc since we cant disperse.

MD could dispel only 1 debuff, this together with the mana cost ou be a good change, and people can use cross cc and cover buff to counter it

and yes self dispel for the love of god, being stuck at novas is really dumb, since we have no slow at all.

I wonder why did they remove self dispel in first place? And where did our "Abolish Disease" went where DPS druids and kept their Remove Curse?

#152 Guest_Talbadar_*

Guest_Talbadar_*

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:26 PM

Devouring Plague damage was not nerfed. They just made the damage come in as a DoT, and not half burst half DoT.
PWS is unchanged for shadow.

Again, I don't think Void Shift is a problem. Mass Dispel is the only thing that needs to be changed. Keep in mind Void Shift is the Priest level 87 ability, so the odds of them removing it or changing it for one of the specs are slim to none.

I think Spriests being proc based is fine. If you don't want to be proc based you can freely spec out of it and still do fine. Power Infusion and Mindbender are strong enough to succeed with.

#153 Athená

Athená
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2352
  • LocationThe Hague

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:28 PM

Make MD only offensive or make MD dispel everything that isn't a dot and not the cc.
I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

#154 Loveformoney

Loveformoney
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Tarren Mill
  • Misery

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:40 PM

View PostTalbadar, on 24 January 2013 - 12:26 PM, said:

Devouring Plague damage was not nerfed. They just made the damage come in as a DoT, and not half burst half DoT.
PWS is unchanged for shadow.

Again, I don't think Void Shift is a problem. Mass Dispel is the only thing that needs to be changed. Keep in mind Void Shift is the Priest level 87 ability, so the odds of them removing it or changing it for one of the specs are slim to none.

I think Spriests being proc based is fine. If you don't want to be proc based you can freely spec out of it and still do fine. Power Infusion and Mindbender are strong enough to succeed with.

Just tested DP on PTR, seems the damage stayed the same but no more silly numbers on cast. My bad there.

#155 dionim

dionim
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:07 PM

if you go mindbender you just lose damage, ofc you get more mana but damage wise is 100x worse.

MB proc just make it instant, MS proc add a new ofensive spell that does the same damage as your best dps spell.

#156 Domesauce

Domesauce
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/1/0/2/1
  • RBG: 2098

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:04 AM

It's not that it's hard to cross CC priests- the issue is that against any normal class you get to use that extra CC on the healer, so there is this huge disparity between how much you can CC the healer against spriest teams vs normal teams. This is an issue with warlock dispel too.

Void Shift is a fine defensive for priests to have- the issue is that you can use it to save your teammates as well, unlike every other defensive in the game. Again, it creates this huge disparity between killing anybody who is playing with an spriest vs killing that same class without an spriest.

There is a huge and noticeable difference between killing somebody playing with a priest, compared to killing that exact same player without a priest. That's not okay for balance and it can't just be ignored.

It feels reasonable to priests, because even with these god powers it's hard to keep their teammates alive. But it's twice as hard for us peasant farmers, and that kind of disparity is just not okay to have.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<