#1 Maticzor

Maticzor
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Skullcrusher
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:10 AM

Shadow priests are currently one of the strongest casters, if not the strongest atm..

- Good DMG
- Off heals
- Grips
- Life swap
- Mass dispel <-- this should get nerfed (For shadow priests)

Blizzard nerfed ret palas and SP dispels in cata cuz it was too good. Let's face it, with the current state of shadow priests, they shouldn't be able MD cc. If a hunter coordinates scatter traps with his partner timing a cc on other 2 partners, instead of getting rewarded the trap just get mass dispelled... Pala casting repentance on a druid, druid didn't shapeshift he suck he deserve to be cc'd. JK gets mass dispelled.. Let's say a Mage wanna deep the healer to force a trinket or a cd, or get a kill. JK MD saving the healer cds, buying him time to get his trinket back up.

Honestly where is the skill in this if you are not getting rewarded when you cc something? Some might argue that it cost a lot of mana? You still can pull off at least 3 MDs in a match if not more, not to mention pet and disperse.

Having life swap to prevent kills is good enough.. Not to mention offheals and grips, offensive dispel.. and defensive dispel?

TL;DR
SP shouldn't be able to use MD defensively. Nerfing this is nothing compared to the nerfs other casters got and SP will still be good instead of "too good".

thoughts?

#2 ApplejackxD

ApplejackxD
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Discipline
  • RBG: 2371

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:17 AM

nerf everyone?
Posted Image

#3 Apsco60

Apsco60
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/1/2/1/0

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:17 AM

Take away life swap. Its way too friggin powerful alongside the other defensive cooldowns and utilities that shadow brings. MD is just spammable. The cast should be at least half a sec so we can interrupt it plus, a slightly longer cooldown. In conclusion they need to nerf either MD or take lifeswap out for shadow.

P.S - in 5s shadow priests are the biggest pricks

#4 Surel

Surel
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Discipline 2/2/1/0/2/.
  • LocationSweden

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:33 AM

Cross CC maybe?

#5 methodman2

methodman2
  • Mèthøðmåñ
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/2/0/0/0/0
  • RBG: 1147

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:37 AM

should just allow disc priests to have swap, it would make them great as well as toning down SPs abit.

#6 Evolute

Evolute
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:49 AM

View Postmethodman2, on 22 January 2013 - 08:37 AM, said:

should just allow disc priests to have swap, it would make them great as well as toning down SPs abit.

shadow wouldn't have a 87 spell then

maybe something like the actual swap is holy/disc exclusive, and when you're shadow it resets the cooldown on your fear/fade/spectral guise, angelic bulwalk, desperate prayer

just too powerful of a team cooldown while shadow already has great team utility

Posted Image

#7 Jontex

Jontex
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1698
  • 3v3: 2620
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationSweden

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:03 AM

HE CANT MD HIMSELF, KILL THE SPRIST!
Posted Image

• Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:21 AM

They should remove the mass dispel glyph, especially with blanket silences being removed, it will be utterly impossible to stop mass dispels.

#9 Shellshockz

Shellshockz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Azralon
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 2188

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:24 AM

View PostSurel, on 22 January 2013 - 08:33 AM, said:

Cross CC maybe?
This. All they have to do is scatter/trap healer shockwave/silencing shot priest. NO BIG DEAL since every class has tons of cc's atm

#10 dionim

dionim
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 883

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:26 AM

maybe increase cd for shadow??

#11 majorblood

majorblood
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/1/2/2/1
  • RBG: 2202

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:39 AM

make it offensive only for shadow

#12 watchmepwn

watchmepwn
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 2136
  • 3v3: 2880
  • 5v5: 2354
  • RBG: 768

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:42 AM

I disagree on that Mass dispel is 'to strong' for shadowpriest.

The manacosts + 15 sec cooldown already makes it up for the term: Overpowerd imo.

They are one of the strongest casters, damage-wise and support-wise.
I don't think its because of the shadowpriest. But I think it has more to do with the current state of healers.
Restodruids are shit, restoshaman's (without sp) are pretty shit to.

Imo the strongest healers are hpala; allthough they are having a hardtime against spellcleaves (deep shatters).

The problem people have with shadowpriest is that they provide an extra support to let the healer in that team live. Compared to other classes; allthough i like retri's BOP (ofcourse its not as good as lifeswap). But any team without a shadowpriest is having a really hard time against the amount of burst some classes can combine; warrior/mage hunter/warrior sp/mage feral/warrior feral/sp.. not to mention TSG regardless of the poor state of DK's (defensewise).

Your thoughts?

#13 dionim

dionim
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:51 AM

priest is not even consider 'shit' anymore, haha are we under the shit?

#14 Coldizzle

Coldizzle
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Nemesis
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1245
  • 3v3: 2285
  • RBG: 2003

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:56 AM

How to nerf Spriests? i think no1 has no idea
i think they should start making orbs a buff(undispelable) so we can know when they have it.
they should also reduce the MBlast/MSpike procs and reduce DP dmg

Spriest always had good support, but now they also got huge burst so they should nerf it

#15 ApplejackxD

ApplejackxD
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Discipline
  • RBG: 2371

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:45 AM

People wanna remove Void Shift and Mass Dispel... Then why would anyone pick a SP over a lock?
Posted Image

#16 dionim

dionim
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:46 AM

View PostColdizzle, on 22 January 2013 - 09:56 AM, said:

How to nerf Spriests? i think no1 has no idea
i think they should start making orbs a buff(undispelable) so we can know when they have it.
they should also reduce the MBlast/MSpike procs and reduce DP dmg

Spriest always had good support, but now they also got huge burst so they should nerf it

worst ideia ever, its something like saying that they should remove finger os frost from mages (lol).

Priest damage IS fine, a couple times some burst but aside from that we have to cast alot (still not much but compared to lock, mage, bookim we do) the problem in the support we bring, i think spriests are fine, its trainable, go oom fast if you cant spam VT the cc isnt very good cuz it requires meele range, but i also agree that MD is really good nowdays, i think if they nerf instant cc like insta fear, pom ring, pom polly they should raise MD cd for shadows for like 25s or so.

edit. also shadow damage is not even close to the other classes damage. aside from orbs witch you have 3 every 25s IF you cast MB on cd

Edited by dionim, 22 January 2013 - 10:47 AM.

#17 Hiddenstalke

Hiddenstalke
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/2/0/0/1/.
  • 2v2: 2701
  • 3v3: 2872
  • 5v5: 2326
  • RBG: 1909

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:22 AM

Just remove the glyph and have it baseline for disc/holy.Something like wotlk when it was talent on disc tree to reduce cast.
This way disc priest won't have to choose between Death or MD vs mages(since they use PS/Innerfocus glyphs already)
www.twitch.tv/hiddenstalkeeu

#18 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:24 AM

View PostShellshockz, on 22 January 2013 - 09:24 AM, said:

This. All they have to do is scatter/trap healer shockwave/silencing shot priest. NO BIG DEAL since every class has tons of cc's atm

Every class meaning hunters? :D

On a slightly unrelated note does anyone else think its funny that they are removing blanket cs and spell lock, which are maybe used to blanket 70%-80% of the time, but leaving silence shot, which is used as a blanket interrupt every single time it comes off cool down? Good logic :D

View PostHiddenstalke, on 22 January 2013 - 11:22 AM, said:

Just remove the glyph and have it baseline for disc/holy.Something like wotlk when it was talent on disc tree to reduce cast.
This way disc priest won't have to choose between Death or MD vs mages(since they use PS/Innerfocus glyphs already)

Getting both of those glyphs passively next patch so I doubt they really need another one made passive

View PostApplejackxD, on 22 January 2013 - 10:45 AM, said:

People wanna remove Void Shift and Mass Dispel... Then why would anyone pick a SP over a lock?

For the same reason people pick spriests over every other caster at the moment? Better damage better survivability better group/healer support through off heals

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 22 January 2013 - 11:31 AM.

View PostPouncedd, on 12 June 2014 - 01:51 AM, said:

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper and have looked at the numbers comparatively for almost every class

View PostJontex, on 23 June 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#19 dionim

dionim
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:34 AM

View PostDizzeeyo, on 22 January 2013 - 11:24 AM, said:

For the same reason people pick spriests over every other caster at the moment? Better damage better survivability better group/healer support through off heals

Better damage? No (only DP do enough damage to be at the same lvl as the other classes)
Better Survivability? No (its a target dummy alive with a defensive cd that has 2 minutes cd, dont have habilitys to kite, dont have anything to get away, only ranged cc is silence, has to cast to do damage)
Better Support? Yes better than any other class in the game right now.

Edited by dionim, 22 January 2013 - 12:02 PM.

#20 Hiddenstalke

Hiddenstalke
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/2/0/0/1/.
  • 2v2: 2701
  • 3v3: 2872
  • 5v5: 2326
  • RBG: 1909

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:40 AM

View PostDizzeeyo, on 22 January 2013 - 11:24 AM, said:

Every class meaning hunters? :D

On a slightly unrelated note does anyone else think its funny that they are removing blanket cs and spell lock, which are maybe used to blanket 70%-80% of the time, but leaving silence shot, which is used as a blanket interrupt every single time it comes off cool down? Good logic :D

They leave Spriest/Dk silence aswell? + they increase cd on silence shot by 4 sec or so and the point of silence shot is to silence target - Spell lock/Counterspell sounds more like thing that interrupts but not blanketing. And our shot doesn't really lock cast( ok i think it does but its same durotation as the blanket?).
www.twitch.tv/hiddenstalkeeu

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<