• Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Balance 1/2/2/0/2/2
  • RBG: 2207

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:49 AM

View PostEvolute, on 22 January 2013 - 12:23 AM, said:

In that sense, the new system is actually worse for people coming into the season 3 months late, but better for people who enter the season before people reach the 27000 conquest marker.

You're completely ignoring the business model.
Players who lose consistantly with maximum gear, equal opportunity, are going to just cancel and find a new game/hobby. Sort of like how if you fail early at biology, you're not going to waste effort trying to be a doctor for very long before you realize you're a moron

If you hold them back really far with gear disadvantage, they don't discover that they are bad players right away. They don't discover how much work is envolved in becoming a top player right away, and give up on the dream sooner.

Instead, they are fed minor upgrades over 6 months of subscription time and still behind on gear, blaming gear as to why they are not powerful enough yet. "If only i had a shadowmourne" Then i'd be able to do more dps/win vs that warrior. i'm going to start collecting crap for a year because blizzard knows how I think. "i think i can i think i can" vs I know i cant, i'll go play pokemon

#23 Hoodzx

Hoodzx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/2/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 1786
  • 3v3: 2299
  • 5v5: 2229
  • RBG: 2225
  • LocationFRANCE

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:00 AM

View Postthrudgel, on 22 January 2013 - 12:49 AM, said:

Players who lose consistantly with maximum gear, equal opportunity, are going to just cancel and find a new game/hobby. Sort of like how if you fail early at biology, you're not going to waste effort trying to be a doctor for very long before you realize you're a moron

If you hold them back really far with gear disadvantage, they don't discover that they are bad players right away. They don't discover how much work is envolved in becoming a top player right away, and give up on the dream sooner.

Instead, they are fed minor upgrades over 6 months of subscription time and still behind on gear, blaming gear as to why they are not powerful enough yet. "If only i had a shadowmourne" Then i'd be able to do more dps/win vs that warrior. i'm going to start collecting crap for a year because blizzard knows how I think. "i think i can i think i can" vs I know i cant, i'll go play pokemon

Actually this is the smartest reply that we had here, blizz is just doin this to keep players subscribing.

But i would add also, that if you see, players fully 491 geared this season are really advantaged for the next season, so this means that the S13 elite 2/2 will prolly be advantaging too for the season 14.

A reason to keep spending money for the subscription... smart and at the same time dumb as fuck, blizzard unbalance the game to make money (undirectly)

#24 kannetixx

kannetixx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Fire
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationFlorida yee

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:20 AM

Cyber cocaine ....
US-Kel'Thuzad - Kannetix

http://www.anook.com/kannetix

www.twitch.tv/kannetix - Gladiator Mage Stream follow me and see when i go live!

#25 majorblood

majorblood
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/1/2/2/1
  • RBG: 2202

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:56 AM

View PostEvolute, on 22 January 2013 - 12:44 AM, said:

wowhead ptr / blue posts

http://www.wowhead.com/item=91306
this is what i find on wowhead, not 493

#26 Mirionx

Mirionx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 1/2/2/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2662

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:58 AM

And together with the new MMR inflation they're going to feel like they're always making progress as their rating increases along with the new gear :)

#27 Evolute

Evolute
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:25 AM

View Postmajorblood, on 22 January 2013 - 01:56 AM, said:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=91306
this is what i find on wowhead, not 493

http://ptr.wowhead.c...cal gladiator's

I was looking at the PTR page.

Posted Image

#28 ROKMODE

ROKMODE

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:49 AM

View PostPhillol, on 21 January 2013 - 10:46 PM, said:

great game great players great game

lets play league
I would rather chop off my dick than play that abomination of a game
Expect bias in posts because
Wotlk is the best thing since sliced bread

#29 Conradical

Conradical
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Garona
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/2/0/2/.

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:00 AM

View PostROKMODE, on 22 January 2013 - 03:49 AM, said:

I would rather chop off my dick than play that abomination of a game

o_______________________________________________________o

#30 Evolute

Evolute
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:33 AM

i play a pretty sick ezreal i don't know

Posted Image

#31 Xôan1296683735

Xôan1296683735
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Sanguino
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:25 AM

Since i saw the PVP blog i was waiting for some shit like this, they cant do anything right.

Edited by Xôan1296683735, 22 January 2013 - 05:26 AM.

#32 Saradave

Saradave
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/2/2/1/0/1
  • RBG: 1343

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:35 AM

Oh well, they are adding some good stuff so i guess it could've been worse.
Lets see how it looks live before you burn it to the ground?

Edited by Saradave, 22 January 2013 - 05:36 AM.

Posted Image

#33 Evolute

Evolute
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:38 AM

no I'm not

I said

idk what to think of it. it's rewarding people who play the game basically. upgrades didn't seem to work, so they're trying another option?

If you play, you're spending money. You're really assuming everyone is that much of an idiot that they don't realize they suck? Currently, if you don't have a T2, literally half of the PVP player base will ignore you. This is already heavily demoralizing to people, making people play less. There is a reason this season is literally the least active ever.

Posted Image

#34 zaeya

zaeya
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline 1/0/1/1/2/1

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:39 PM

View PostEvolute, on 22 January 2013 - 11:38 AM, said:

no I'm not

I said

If you play, you're spending money. You're really assuming everyone is that much of an idiot that they don't realize they suck? Currently, if you don't have a T2, literally half of the PVP player base will ignore you. This is already heavily demoralizing to people, making people play less. There is a reason this season is literally the least active ever.

Half? Not hardly. The most active brackets are sub-1500, my friend.

#35 Korzul

Korzul
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Doomhammer
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 2315
  • 3v3: 2744
  • 5v5: 480
  • RBG: 1151

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:28 PM

19 ilevels between teirs still.

So much for viable offspec: It'll be save as close to 5k conquest for the moment you hit 27k conquest earnt. Honor grind away your remaining Malevolent THEN if you're really sadistic grind 30k+ worth of honor for a viable offspec (and possibly dump some conquest upgrading a offspec wep) that will each week get more and more unviable until the season ends without much hope of upgrading it to compete with peoples main set.

At this point it'd quite appreciate like a blanket statement from Blizz saying something like "PvP gear is ALWAYS going to be a horrendous grind and you'll only ever be able to max out on one fully up to date set per season".

I personally get the majority of my fun once my gear set is complete and i know i'm on a level playing field, and when i can mess about with a full offspec set in silly comps/rbgs/random bg's.

#36 Hoodzx

Hoodzx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/2/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 1786
  • 3v3: 2299
  • 5v5: 2229
  • RBG: 2225
  • LocationFRANCE

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:37 PM

Why don't they just build a second spec but for gear ?

Example : you're a feral druid and you wanna play resto, but oh, your resto gear is 20 ilvl under...
You activate your second spec gear, and your malevolent 2/2 goes into resto.
Dunno if i'm understandable, but blizzard should give us the ability of playing others specs sometimes without being shitty geared.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<