• Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2352
  • LocationThe Hague

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:56 PM

red: str/resi
yellow: resi
blue: pvp power/resi

after you are done getting hit cap reforge to haste > crit/mastery
I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

#3 Kushi

Kushi
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/0

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:20 PM

View PostAthená, on 20 January 2013 - 08:56 PM, said:

blue: pvp power/resi

after you are done getting hit cap reforge to haste > crit/mastery
What he said.

P.S. I want to see who stays loyal to Ret after we hit the bottom of the dps specs ^^

Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt...

ME!

#4 Hofflerand

Hofflerand
  • Junkies
  • LocationNY

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:06 PM

if you were a JC, which gems would you use in 5.2? str/resil or pvp power/resil?

(talking about the JC only gems. there are no pure resil ones)

Edited by Hofflerand, 20 January 2013 - 11:06 PM.

#5 Vanguards

Vanguards
  • Administrators
  • Curse Premium
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1933
  • 3v3: 2475
  • RBG: 192

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:07 PM

I thought they were adding pure Resil gems in 5.2 for J/C? (Was about to change my enchanting to J/C cause of that)
http://twitch.tv/VanguardsTV- Stream (Follow to know when I'm live!)
http://twitter.com/VanguardsTV- Twitter
http://facebook.com/Samk920 - Facebook

http://youtube.com/SamK920 - YouTube Videos

#6 Athená

Athená
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationThe Hague

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:09 PM

If they finally make resi JC gems take the resi I'd say. Right now I would forgo even using JC gems because resi is just THAT good.
BS is a must these days considering how little resi we get per upgrade.

Stacking resi might be less of an issue for rets next patch though considering sacred shield is going to be a much more reliable for damage mitigation.

Edited by Athená, 20 January 2013 - 11:16 PM.

#7 Hofflerand

Hofflerand
  • Junkies
  • LocationNY

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:16 PM

really the reason i made this thread is i was wondering if itd be worth it to drop enchanting for the new hybrid jc-only gems (str/resil and pvp power/resil). i havent heard about any plans to add jc-only pure resil gems. i would drop enchanting in a heartbeat for that

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Burning Legion
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Retribution 0/0/0/1/1/2
  • LocationPoland

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:19 PM

View PostKushi, on 20 January 2013 - 09:20 PM, said:

What he said.

P.S. I want to see who stays loyal to Ret after we hit the bottom of the dps specs ^^

Aren't we on a far end already ? (about ele level maybe rogues under us)

#9 Kushi

Kushi
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:20 PM

JC is prolly gonna be the worst profession again late in the expansion same as it was in Cata. Blacksmithing seems to be the best one when it comes to Ret since we need as much Resi as possible.
My second profession on my main is Mining mostly because I didn't want to pay 10 times the mats to max Blacksmithing(Also slightly increases my survivability by a tiny bit). I can also see Herbalism actually being a good extra with your burst since it helps you with GCDs and such.

View PostPawik, on 20 January 2013 - 11:19 PM, said:

Aren't we on a far end already ? (about ele level maybe rogues under us)
We are 3rd from the bottom NOW. I am pretty sure we are gonna hit it in 5.2 unless we see some changes. A minor passive defensive ability would make us climb like 5 spots automatically. Like, make Judgement like the old Judgement of Light so you heal off of your target on each melee attack or a second wind kind of thing or even bring the Cata Sacred Shield back and tone it down so it is not retarded.

Edited by Kushi, 20 January 2013 - 11:28 PM.

Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt...

ME!

#10 Athená

Athená
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationThe Hague

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:25 PM

View PostHofflerand, on 20 January 2013 - 11:16 PM, said:

really the reason i made this thread is i was wondering if itd be worth it to drop enchanting for the new hybrid jc-only gems (str/resil and pvp power/resil). i havent heard about any plans to add jc-only pure resil gems. i would drop enchanting in a heartbeat for that

Yes, I wasn't even aware they'd be adding the hybrid jc gems. It seems I'll be changing my inscription to jewel crafting next patch.
Basically anything that grants more resi is worth taking, some people even skip socket bonuses for it. (gear pieces with 2 slots of which none is yellow, for example)

#11 Hofflerand

Hofflerand
  • Junkies
  • LocationNY

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:27 PM

View PostAthená, on 20 January 2013 - 11:09 PM, said:

Stacking resi might be less of an issue for rets next patch though considering sacred shield is going to be a much more reliable for damage mitigation.
i was thinking along these lines too. strength buff sacred shield, off-healing, damage.. resil only increases personal survivability. then again, i've heard that in mop resil is mathematically awesome. arent most classes stacking it?

in 5.2, resil > str > pvp power. and blacksmithing > jc > enchanting. does everyone agree with this?

#12 Kushi

Kushi
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:36 PM

View PostHofflerand, on 20 January 2013 - 11:27 PM, said:

i was thinking along these lines too. strength buff sacred shield, off-healing, damage.. resil only increases personal survivability. then again, i've heard that in mop resil is mathematically awesome. arent most classes stacking it?

in 5.2, resil > str > pvp power. and blacksmithing > jc > enchanting. does everyone agree with this?
I wouldn't count on Sacred Shield that much since it still has the 6 second delay in it which means you can't really save someone who is about to die. Also based on some math FoL is gonna heal for about 80k non-crit and in my opinion Selfless Healer will be kind of a no-brainer choice since, yes FoL will be strong even if cast and considering Selfless Healer got nerfed to 60% but, casting 2 whole FoLs takes quite some time.

Conclussion.
-Sacred Shield is good if they don't switch
-Selfless Healer will be amazingly strong and those 250k crit heals will definately save your team mates more than once in a match(also the way they changed the healing from FoL by buffing the main spell and then nerfing selfless healer makes the talent a viable choice for self healing aswell = ])

Now for professions as I already said, whens epic gems come out JC automatically becomes the worst stat-gaining one so you will basically be going JC for 1 season. If you have the gold by all means go for it but it is not worth it in my book.

Edited by Kushi, 20 January 2013 - 11:40 PM.

ME!

#13 Hofflerand

Hofflerand
  • Junkies
  • LocationNY

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:56 PM

it'd be nice if JC was actually kept up to date at the end of an expansion

5.2 sacred shield has potential against teams that tunnel and it's not reduced by mortal strike effects. that said, selfless healer will likely continue to be the best all-around talent. i really think SS should be added to sword of light, even if it's only at like 15%, but i doubt that'll happen

#14 Classiks

Classiks
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationUK

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:28 AM

Sacred shield is still not that great :/

Just feel like ret lacks that "umph" factor that other melee seem to have.

#15 Iambored

Iambored
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/2/1/1/2
  • RBG: 1567

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:10 AM

Resil>Resil>Resil.

#16 Firestarlol

Firestarlol
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sargeras
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Retribution 2/1/0/2/0/0
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationFrance

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:43 PM

blue: pvp power

wait S13 =|

#17 Athená

Athená
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationThe Hague

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:55 PM

Cant afford not to go pvp power/resi in blue.

#18 Welgard

Welgard
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Kargath
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:37 PM

blue: pvp power/resil
yellow: resil
red: str/resil

That definitely seems like the best gemming setup, with blacksmithing for 2 pure resil gems.  The fundamental problem that ret seems to have, aside from a lacking melee toolkit with the 5.0 talent change that really limited the utility you could get, is the fact that when you get switched to, or trained most of the game, you really don't have much to deal with it.  Don't have a defensive stance you can sit in, or short cd aoe cc.  Main things you can do is just try to kite with freedom up if it isn't dispelled right away, while mitigating some damage with dp.

It's all about surviving until you can pop cooldowns again, or get a couple procs for some burst.  The way resil scales in mop is crazy, it scales far faster than pvp power does.  Unless they change it, later arena seasons this xpac are going to be a disaster with heavy resil caster cleaves.  For now though, the best thing a ret can do, from my experience, is to stack resil.

#19 Athená

Athená
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationThe Hague

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:50 PM

Some of the socket bonuses and the stats themselves aren't worth it either imo, you can get another 200 resi from ignoring the legs bonus and another 320 from ignoring the gloves and belt.

#20 Hofflerand

Hofflerand
  • Junkies
  • LocationNY

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:52 AM

yea, i think i'll stick with resil for now. i even socketed full resil in gloves and belt, ignored the +60 str socket bonus for both. maybe i'll reexamine this at a later date

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<