• US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/0/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1605
  • 3v3: 2448
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 1945

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:38 PM

Warning: this is going to be a thread that you'll totally dig or totally hate.

I have never seen this thread on AJ before so I figured I'd post it.

So I started playing with some new players recently and realized that I really enjoyed listening to them explain their "credentials" and experiences in arena. I have always found it fun to find out that players I'm playing with are players that I may have struggled against or dominated in arena, and thought it would be interesting to read the personal stories of other players.

It may be helpful to new players to list any "revelations" you may have had that drastically improved your gameplay at some point and turned your arena experience into a successful one. Talking about what comps you played during specific seasons and your level of success is the thing I always found most interesting.

I realize this thread is all about nostalgia, but I think it could be fun to read some of these. I'll post mine later when I'm not on my phone.

#2 thrudgel

thrudgel
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Balance 1/2/2/0/2/2
  • RBG: 2207

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:30 PM

Well my first arena xp was season3. A maximum gear sl/sl warlock decided to carry me in 2s named Brokenfinger so I got 2000 rating in 2 weeks.  I had 90% zul'aman gear so I got annihilated if they touched me, that's how I learned to survive as a healer in Arena. I think that's how I managed 2300 mmr in season11 as an Rdruid

Other than that, I get max gear then cancel my subscription every season.

What's your story?

#3 Justblaze

Justblaze
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Holy 1/1/1/1/1/1
  • RBG: 192

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:55 PM

I didn't ask to be the greatest, I was just born this way. From my moment of conception, the moment I swam the currents of my mother's womb, that very moment, I was bossing people around. Seriously. Check the ultrasound. I am more than a hero. I am the hero Azeroth deserves, the hero Azeroth does not need for now. So they hunt me. Because I can take it, because I am more than a hero. I am a dark sentinel ever watching over Azeroth. A silent guardian, a watchful protector.

Edited by Florenz, 19 January 2013 - 07:56 PM.

#4 GrieverZ

GrieverZ
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Thaurissan
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1698
  • 3v3: 2495
  • 5v5: 1335

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:16 PM

I play since TBC, on EU servers until early wrath but back then i was very casual, completly new to the MMO genre and without much online gaming experience at all (Diablo 2, couple shooters, Star Wars Jedi Knight 2). Took until season 6 when i decided to reroll on US servers to actually get "hooked". Took me most of the season to level and catch up, played in season 7, first T1 weapon, first Shoulders, spending a lot of time and tought on how to improve, looking at vids, and actually being able to play with people willing to do the same. Was a blast.

#5 Retset

Retset
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Protection 0/0/2/2/0/0
  • RBG: 2067

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:22 PM

I was really bad..... and still am really bad.. The only thing that changed was that...
Blizzard made the game super easy to be good

#6 Bailamosx

Bailamosx
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Guardian 2/1/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1558
  • 3v3: 959
  • RBG: 2322
  • LocationUnder the freeway.

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:37 PM

View PostFlorenz, on 19 January 2013 - 07:55 PM, said:

I didn't ask to be the greatest, I was just born this way. From my moment of conception, the moment I swam the currents of my mother's womb, that very moment, I was bossing people around. Seriously. Check the ultrasound. I am more than a hero. I am the hero Azeroth deserves, the hero Azeroth does not need for now. So they hunt me. Because I can take it, because I am more than a hero. I am a dark sentinel ever watching over Azeroth. A silent guardian, a watchful protector.

Don't plagiarize from me.

Bailamos / World's R1 RBG Leader

http://rbgs.tv/

Posted Image Posted Image

#7 hekumzx

hekumzx
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0/.
  • 2v2: 2048
  • 3v3: 2776

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:11 PM

A comprehensive look at resto shaman, from the inside out - http://i.imgur.com/icr36xO.png

Posted Image

Official Blizzard Quote:

11/18/10
Balance isn't as easy as some seem to think and often balance is in the eye of the beholder.. We believe priests will be in good shape if not great..

#8 Nez

Nez
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Sunstrider
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/0/2/2/.

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

I was shooting warriors in the face since s2, not much changed since then, that's my whole life story.

#9 Covlol

Covlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Fury 0/1/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1924
  • 3v3: 2468
  • 5v5: 2282
  • RBG: 1787

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:56 PM

View PostBailamosx, on 19 January 2013 - 09:37 PM, said:

Don't plagiarize from me.

Arena Junkies.

Also, how is Team Mes doing?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Lvl 1 Dk Legend Covlol

#10 Filthpig

Filthpig
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/0/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1605
  • 3v3: 2448
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 1945

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:07 PM

You could at least contribute somewhat to the thread while you derail it :(

#11 Jokerplex

Jokerplex
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/0/2/1/1

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:14 PM

I get carried

#12 andysc

andysc
  • Meepmop
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Destromath
  • Rampage
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 1753

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:54 PM

Gotta give it to Bailamos, someone bangs his girlfriend and posts pictures and he still shows his face like he's the best. Even though the guy that banged his girlfriend also beat his world famous supposed best RBG team 9v10, lol.

#13 thrudgel

thrudgel
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Balance 1/2/2/0/2/2
  • RBG: 2207

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:36 AM

View Postandysc, on 19 January 2013 - 11:54 PM, said:

Gotta give it to Bailamos, someone bangs his girlfriend and posts pictures and he still shows his face like he's the best. Even though the guy that banged his girlfriend also beat his world famous supposed best RBG team 9v10, lol.
who cares it's the internet

virtual prestige is delusional.

for those who need explain; the dopemines created by virtual success maintain a severe addiction providing financial reward to game designers

Edited by thrudgel, 20 January 2013 - 02:40 AM.

#14 Saikx

Saikx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arcane 0/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 2137
  • 3v3: 2624
  • RBG: 2184

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:40 AM

I did alot of pvp/bg with a rogue in classic(I was playing hunter)

Then season 1 I rerolled rogue and he rerolled to priest and we just played together, got glad in season 1 from 2s later s4 r1

TL;DR GLAD SINCE SEASON 1 CY@ NQQBS.

Posted Image

Visit my stream: http://www.twitch.tv/saikx

#15 Tamz

Tamz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-The Forgotten Coast
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Holy 1/1/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1403
  • 3v3: 1904

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:37 AM

Always enjoyed grinding PvP in classic wasted a summer of high school to get r14 on my first alliance rogue.
Once TBC came aroudn went horde and ran feral/rogue 2s playing a lvl 70version of the 60 prep/daggers build.
From there on ran most fotm comps in 2s/3s that rogue were known for at the time(sp/rogue lock/rogue disc/rogue, RMP,WLD)
Wotlk I had been enjoying playing my 2s partners SP in s4 so much after he quit I decided to reroll priest as my main for wotlk.
Learned to play disc and ran RMP up to when shadow got buffed and started running shadowplay, been running RMP/shadowplay/god comp since.

And damn thinking back on that theres been wayyyyy more seasons then I even realized rofl.
Posted Image
Best analogy for the 5v5 bracket^^

#16 AlekoFX

AlekoFX
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Affliction 2/2/2/2/2/.

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:08 AM

I am fat this is how I have achieved rank one 3 times

#17 AcerMVP

AcerMVP
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/0/0/0/2
  • RBG: 764

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:34 AM

Oh dear.

#18 Godx

Godx
  • Xlordzapple
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Drak'Tharon
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/2/2/1/1/0

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:49 AM

Well, lets see.

It all started back in S7. Got 80, played with a friend. Rogue/Enhance(me being rogue). we got stuck at 1300 ish, for a couple hundred games, terrible time. then, I started playing disc/rogue with some girl who did not know how to dispel, so any team with CC that's dispelable, we lost to. Got 1550 achievement in 2s before season ended.

Here starts S8, still playing disc/rogue with the girl who didn't know how to dispel. I at this time was learning how to not click and start keybinding and stop keyboard turning. With gaining more experience, I managed to get the team to 1850, got T1 weapon(the joys of 1800 weapon requirement). So, after that she decided to try shadow, 1800 quickly became 1500. So, I stopped playing with her. I then started playing with a much better priest named Peensupprsn, and with him. I was able to get 1950 in 2s(which we stopped at, so I got my helm). then with more practicing, I played disc/rogue again with a priest named Slapgrandma, and we got around 2100, as well as playing destro/rogue with a warlock named Dread at around that rating. I then begin playing rogue/spriest/restosham in 3s with Peensupprsn's extremely undergeared alt shaman. We got to 2250 or 2300. Don't remember which. First season duelist. S8.

So, then cata hits. I start playing my rogue still in S9 and me and peensupprsn do RMP with our buddy Shock, who was the shadowpriest in the RPS from S8, but now playing a mage. We got around 2350. Both of them had 2650+ exp, so lower rating was mostly due to myself. I also played rogue/hunter 2s with Shock and got my 2200 2s acheivement. something like 79-11 win/lose ratio. Duelist #2.

And then season 10 came, and I had transferred off of Drak'tharon and went to Malfurion, where I played disc/rogue/bmhunter with Peensupprsn and our buddy Shells, where we got to 2450 ish and 2600 MMR and we stopped. then played RMP with our buddy Harrison to around 2250. Duelist #3.

And then season 11 came and I transferred my rogue for malfurion to alliance kel'thuzad. Didn't start off the season, was playing SWTOR. Then started back up on wow, played some rogue/hunter/holypally, me on rogue, shock on hunter and Snugz on pally to 2k on my freshly dinged rogue. then got a little more gear on him(this being my alt rogue back on drak'tharon). played some disc/rogue/hunter with Peensupprsn and our buddy Shock on his hunter to around 2150(still gearing up in mostly blue BG gear/crafted gear). and then started playing RMP with me, peensupprsn and catanus. We did well, got to 2450 ish and obtained Gladiator in S11.

All and all it was a fun trip!

Edited by Godx, 20 January 2013 - 07:15 AM.

Http://twitch.tv/LordZapple
Http://youtube.com/LordZapple
The God You Once Believed In, Only Better And More Perfect, Godx.

#19 fearlol

fearlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Destruction 0/1/2/0/2/2
  • RBG: 1531

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:06 AM

used to play in US . got  bored of pve in s3 and started doing 2s with a disc from our guild and somehow we managed to get nearly 2.2 . in s4 i started playing more seriously and quit pve and got my first glad. then i moved to eu and got glad on multi chars.was top 2 and top 3 couple of times in wotlk but didnt make it for r1. i quit in s9 and came back in s10 and got double glad in s10 and s11 and then got banned for using proxy. gg

#20 canofwormsx

canofwormsx
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/2

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:44 AM

started s11, 1500 mage, season 12 came around frost bombd to 2500 holla at ya boi

Edited by canofwormsx, 20 January 2013 - 11:44 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<