Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1918

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:19 PM

So as someone who thinks the new gearing system looks awesome (I've always played hybrids and hated not being able to play multiple specs with really good gear) I'm not enjoying all the hate in the junkies threads about how there is 'nothing to compete for anymore' if you're not going for gladiator.  Personally, I achieved my first 2k in 3s last season and it was a pretty big deal for me.  My goal each season is to improve incrementally.  I don't go in saying "2.2k or bust" and then just get disappointed when I can't reach it.  For me, it's exciting to break a new plateau; the first time I hit 1550, then 1750, then 1900, then 2k, and next it will be 2.1.  I never cared about those milestones because it gave me anything (I could care less about achievement points, personally) but I like seeing that I'm progressing further along, and competing for the next title (yes, believe it or not, I want to 'aim' for duelist one season, before I'm capable of aiming for glad)

TL:DR If you're a multi glad, stop telling everyone that you have any idea about why the rest of us play.  There are plenty of us who don't need the incentive of 2.2k to keep playing - we are perfectly happy progressing at our own pace and hitting milestones without it being the best milestone out there.

#2 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1743

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:39 PM

I've been trying to get 2.2k since season 8... I really wanna do it before these changes go live because it has been a personal goal of mine... I have a deadline now ... hope I manage to pull it off.
* RBG/PvP Guild * Stormscale EU * Recruitment Thread * Click Below *
Posted Image

#3 Pawzz

Pawzz
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery
  • LocationAustria

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:17 PM

Make more cosmetic items, like tons more
I generally like the gw2 cosmetics system, most of them dont look good, but atleast you have something to do between queues.

#4 Crlk

Crlk
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1482

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:25 PM

^

I think the idea of adding cosmetic items(tabards, tmog, pets, mounts etc) for 2k2,3,4 is a really good idea.

#5 Udderly

Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1918

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:33 PM

I think cosmetic is a great idea as well, but I don't like players who like to make blanket statements about why people play this game.  There are plenty of people (including a bunch of my friends) who will continue to arena with zero need to attain glad.  We are perfectly happy getting incrementally better.

Totally like the idea of cosmetic stuff too, but it's dumb to say that no one will play if 2.2k doesn't give you cool stuff.

#6 ImSoberlol

ImSoberlol

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:58 PM

I just want a pretty tabard but they'll butcher it because wrath tabards were so beautiful :(

#7 Varangian

Varangian
  • Members
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Silvermoon
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:52 AM

As expected there is mixed feelings about the rating requirement removal.  I respect the guys that feel it is leveling the playing field: I don't see why the fuck someone with superior skill would even care that a "scrub" gets to come at him with equal gear.  -Unless of course they paid to have their toon piloted or for a carry etc.

Good luck to you Kermit I hope you get your Duelist, and maybe even Glad in the future!

Official Blizzard Quote:

#8 Amiza

Amiza
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/1/0/0/2
  • 2v2: 1441
  • 3v3: 1315
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationEngland

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:04 PM

I cant see how people cant be happy about the change to the requirement as it works two ways.

1. If the weapon makes that much of a difference then everyone should have it for a level playing field

2. If the weapon doesnt make much difference then its gonna make a difference at all, 1600 players are still gonna be 1600 players.

Will see a decrease in people buying boosts for T2 which is good for competition in both RBG/Arena. The title system will still cause boosting for glad and such but atleast its an improvement.

I would like to see them add in some sort of weekly/monthly online based tournament ran by blizzard for different skill levels.

#9 edthelad

edthelad
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Windwalker 0/1/0/1/0/.

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:35 PM

View PostAmiza, on 19 January 2013 - 12:04 PM, said:

I would like to see them add in some sort of weekly/monthly online based tournament ran by blizzard for different skill levels.

You're dreaming

while we're dreaming, wow back at mlg / tournaments that aren't blizzcon would be amazing. meanwhile, there's always lol
Posted Image

#10 FTRouslan

FTRouslan
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Maiev
  • Whirlwind
  • RBG: 1141

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:58 PM

The only ratings "I" got excited after hitting, was 2k and 2.2k in my first season back in S9. Dat double blood dick knight 2s.

I was happy about hitting 2.4k, though. For some reason, despite MMR deflation happening, 2k has always been my minimum level of "acceptable" ratings.

#11 Synkz

Synkz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blood Furnace
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/0/0/2/.

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:02 PM

The first times I hit 1800, 2000, and 2200 in WotLK for 2s and 3s were all pretty exciting for me.  I was a 1700 2s player in TBC so any progress was fun and a good feeling :)

Edited by Synkz, 19 January 2013 - 07:06 PM.

#12 Varangian

Varangian
  • Members
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Silvermoon
  • Reckoning

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:15 PM

Yeah bro ladyslaw.  It's like, you know, how 3 plates on the flat bench is what separates the men from the boys at the gym.  Although 3 plates on the incline (30-45 degrees) was always the minimum "acceptable" to me. I pull my shoulders back and down to position the shoulder girdle for maximum stress on the pecs, and switch it up with the dumbells set at about the clavicle level for icrease...wait...do you even fucking lift???

Official Blizzard Quote:

#13 edthelad

edthelad
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Windwalker 0/1/0/1/0/.

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:01 PM

Thinking bench press separates anyone from anyone else... do YOU even lift?
Posted Image

#14 Reirei

Reirei
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1952
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:39 AM

the jokes are, when you hit 2.2, you realize it is nothing special and people want you to have 2400 before they play with you..... turns out later that let's say that ful mal 2400 mage that wanted almost glad title from you did worse than some shitty geared 2k mage in dreadful

i play with whatever as long as they have some common sense and understanding of the game
shut up pvp guy

#15 Amiza

Amiza
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/1/0/0/2
  • 2v2: 1441
  • 3v3: 1315
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationEngland

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:44 AM

View PostReirei, on 20 January 2013 - 05:39 AM, said:

i play with whatever as long as they have some common sense and understanding of the game

I normally do something similar, cant really look at people's experience any more after the early season mmr exploit as they didn't reset statistics or achievements.

I normally just look for someone with half decent gear as its virtually impossible to complete with honor gear now and take any one who is keen. We must of played with about 10-12 people this season, about 3-4 of them were good.

#16 Bozzy

Bozzy
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/2/2/2/1
  • RBG: 1946
  • LocationThe Kitchen

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:10 PM

bring back glad tabards!
Oh you're going ham? allow me too bear form.

#17 Reirei

Reirei
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1952
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:21 PM

View PostBozzy, on 20 January 2013 - 12:10 PM, said:

bring back glad tabards!