Draedx, on 18 January 2013 - 08:15 AM, said:
No one. You're probably the only guy here who thinks waiting 2-3 months to grind gear in BGs is exciting/flaw to the system.
Tyrannical Gladiator’s gear can be purchased for Honor after 27000 Conquest Points are earned for the season. (5.3)<------
Try not to over think things, the honor system is in place to allow people with multiple specs to obtain multiple sets. Not only that, but they haven't even mentioned anything about "upgrading" your gear. The goal is to keep PvP gear more desirable than PvE gear, upgrading your gear will probably not be possible until they release the next PvE tier(5.3?)
- Dreadful Gladiator’s gear will be crafted. (5.2)
- Malevolent Gladiator’s gear, including weapons, will be purchased with Honor Points. (5.2)
- New tier of PvP items: Tyrannical Gladiator’s gear will be purchased with Conquest Points. (5.2)
- Tyrannical Gladiator’s gear can be purchased for Honor after 27000 Conquest Points are earned for the season. (5.3)
- Elite Tyrannical Gladiator’s gear can only be purchased with Conquest Points after 27,000 Conquest Points have been earned for the season. (5.2)
1) Save all the conquest points you get til you've reached 27,000 Conquest Points.
2) Farm all the gear you would normally spend your Conquest Points on with Honor
3) Upgrade the gear you farmed with Honor with your saved up Conquest Points (From Normal Tyranical to Elite)
4) Be behind in Gear Progression first 2 months, be a head for the next 2/Rest of seasson.
How can you not see the flaw in this system?
There's easy ways to fix this though, like having a "Conquest Point Cap", like Honor or like Snuggli said, make it so you can only buy parts you've already bought with cnoquest for honor. (you can buy a holy paladin set for honor if you've bought a full ret set for conquest already)
Edit: This is only relevant if the "Elite" gear got better stats than the "non-elite" gear.
Edited by Hyuru, 18 January 2013 - 08:42 AM.