To accomplish the goals of making PvP more accessible and less punishing, gearing more consistent and flexible, and flattening the power curve out over the course of a season, there are some significant changes in the works:
- 2200 rating requirements removed from all PvP gear. (5.2)
- Gear will be available in four tiers:
- Dreadful Gladiator’s gear will be crafted. (5.2)
- Malevolent Gladiator’s gear, including weapons, will be purchased with Honor Points. (5.2)
- New tier of PvP items: Tyrannical Gladiator’s gear will be purchased with Conquest Points. (5.2)
- Tyrannical Gladiator’s gear can be purchased for Honor after 27000 Conquest Points are earned for the season. (5.3)
- Elite Tyrannical Gladiator’s gear can only be purchased with Conquest Points after 27,000 Conquest Points have been earned for the season. (5.2)
The 2200 rating requirements on gear will be removed in patch 5.2, and when that happens, the only barrier to acquiring top of the line Elite gear will be the 27,000 Conquest Point seasonal currency requirement. While highly rated players will still earn gear more quickly, there won’t be an invisible wall to progression at 2200 rating.
It's just sad... 2k RBG player will have earlier access to T2 than 2,2k Arena player...