Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help

Good bye competition


  • Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#21 Conradical

Conradical
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Garona
  • Rampage
  • Posts: 1586
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/2/0/2/.

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:25 AM

am i crazy for liking this change? wtf???

#22 Guest_Talbadar_*

Guest_Talbadar_*

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:26 AM

View PostAnimalcrackr, on 18 January 2013 - 03:19 AM, said:

What an awful change. I expect to be able to do Alterac Valley or LFR to get my BiS heroic trinkets when they are broken again (yes it will happen, you will once again have to pve to have the advantage in pvp.)
????

#23 GrieverZ

GrieverZ
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Thaurissan
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 1301
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1698
  • 3v3: 2495
  • 5v5: 1335
  • RBG: 192

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:27 AM

View PostDakkrothy, on 18 January 2013 - 02:27 AM, said:

dno why u bring it up on AJ, I honestly dont think anyone who has AJ access actually cares one single bit if the gear is "elite" or not.

Besides, its just a good thing that everyone has access to the best gear in pvp, I mean we wouldnt want the game to be more balanced now do we?

Having everyone equal stats-wise is very good, i completly support T2 weapons being accessible without rating.

But what was wrong with having a cosmetical perk for being in the ~~ top 10% of the ladders? If cosmetical rewards are pointless to you, why do you wear your rank 1 titles? Personally i think its bad for the game that 99.5% of the pvp population won't have anything to strive for now.

#24 Iambored

Iambored
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 159
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/2/1/1/2
  • RBG: 1567

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:30 AM

I think we were all hoping for cosmetic/vanity items to require rating(tabards, mounts, etc), hopefully the better gear balance is in itself a reason to queue, for you know, fun or something.

#25 Filthpig

Filthpig
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 642
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/0/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1605
  • 3v3: 2448
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 1945

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:36 AM

I feel like this will widen the brackets back to what they used to be. I think it was best in wrath when:

2000: Sort of learning
2300: Getting better
2500: Decent player
2700+: Mostly very skilled players.

Right now it's:

1800-2200: Could be anyone from a brand new players to rank one players
2400: Decent players that did rbgs early and played the right comp.



Pretty much, bring back rating = skill level to an extent.

Edited by Filthpig, 18 January 2013 - 03:36 AM.


#26 Owies

Owies
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Hydraxis
  • Emberstorm
  • Posts: 160
  • Talents: Enhancement 2/0/1/0/0/0
  • RBG: 2361

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:37 AM

This change is fkn sick...

PS: hi conrad
Posted Image

#27 Raik1

Raik1
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 41
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/1/1/.

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:39 AM

Posted Image
"Tosan go back to your 5's and stick there you 6'1 130 pd Brachiosaurus dinosaur looking scrub" - Johnrambo

#28 Shawtss

Shawtss
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 103
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/1/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2236
  • 3v3: 2411
  • 5v5: 2507
  • RBG: 1848

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:43 AM

the difference between Malevolent and Elite Tyrannical Gladiator’s gear is similar to the relationship between this season’s Dreadful and Malevolent Gladiator’s gear
I'm assuming this means elite gear is better

#29 Celaurthor

Celaurthor
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Bloodscalp
  • Cyclone
  • Posts: 696
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/2/2/2/.
  • 2v2: 1769
  • 3v3: 2752
  • 5v5: 960
  • RBG: 2268

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:44 AM

Got to remember they are just "pulling the curtain aside a bit" so there could be much more they aren't telling us still.

#30 Aeowin

Aeowin
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Posts: 135
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/1/1
  • RBG: 576

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:45 AM

cool change

#31 Aekl

Aekl
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind
  • Posts: 160
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/1/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2505

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:46 AM

the weed has been lit
Posted Image

#32 Pritchard

Pritchard
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Posts: 617
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/0

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:48 AM

i don't understand how people can bitch about gear, and ask for almost this exact change, and changes for alts.  Then they do it, and a GOOD change at that, and people bitch.  Change is good.  Gear should be more equal, THAT promotes competition, because people can actually compete.  Instead of trying to play against full malev full upgrade t2 people while you are in blues.

#33 GrieverZ

GrieverZ
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Thaurissan
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 1301
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1698
  • 3v3: 2495
  • 5v5: 1335
  • RBG: 192

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:56 AM

View Posthairpiece, on 18 January 2013 - 03:48 AM, said:

i don't understand how people can bitch about gear, and ask for almost this exact change, and changes for alts.  Then they do it, and a GOOD change at that, and people bitch.  Change is good.  Gear should be more equal, THAT promotes competition, because people can actually compete.  Instead of trying to play against full malev full upgrade t2 people while you are in blues.

100% agree, that part is amazing. But why remove rating from 2200 gear when its just cosmetical? Can someone point out how vanity rewards are bad for the game?

#34 Pritchard

Pritchard
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Posts: 617
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/0

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:01 AM

View PostGrieverZ, on 18 January 2013 - 03:56 AM, said:

100% agree, that part is amazing. But why remove rating from 2200 gear when its just cosmetical? Can someone point out how vanity rewards are bad for the game?


well you can still get it after 27k points earned, as well as from the way they made it sound, elite gear will not be cosmetic anymore, but a slight upgrade.  I'm sure they will also add vanity items in eventually.  I would for sure like to see things like titles (flawless victor was awesome), tabards, mounts, etc.

#35 Improve

Improve
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Posts: 2457
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0/.
  • 2v2: 1737
  • 3v3: 2315
  • 5v5: 2652
  • RBG: 768

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:18 AM

Why are people complaining?

-Easier to gear alts
-Easier to gear offspec
-More people doing arena
-You can level a 90 midseason and get fully caught up with everyone else in what, 2-3 weeks?

All they need to do now is make it to where RBG cap will be equal to arena cap and make it to where winning an arena/rbg rewards 400 conquest.

All in all this change should have happened a long time ago but there are always going to be people complaining no matter what changes blizzard makes in regards to arena/pvp.

Posted Image


#36 Snuggli

Snuggli
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Steamwheedle Cartel
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Posts: 1017
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 1925
  • 3v3: 2209
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationUK

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:46 AM

View PostTalbadar, on 18 January 2013 - 03:16 AM, said:

I think many of you are assuming Elite Tyrannical gear means it has higher item level? I don't think that's the case. Elite to me sounds like a different color. All of the changes they made are good for the game. I really do not understand the concerns in this thread. Also, once you  earn 27000 Conquest Points you can buy full off-spec gear with honor and play your other roles.


I don't know if most of that was aimed at me, but it looks to me like Crafted -> Honor -> Conquest -> Elite Conquest gear are all stat upgrades. In the same way we have Crafted -> Honor -> Conquest. They've just added another one on the end of it and got rid of cosmetic elite gear.

There will still be the problem that once people hit that 27000 and gear their hybrid specs, they will still only be able to start upgrading to elite gear for one of their specs. So by the end of the season people will still only have 1 viable gear set. Having your mainset Elite and your second set non-Elite will be like having your mainset malovent and your offset dreadful.

All the other changes are really good though. It's just this whole "easier to gear offspec" one that doesn't add up.

It'd make more sense if they had a system where if you bought conquest legs, you could then buy off-spec conquest legs for honor, and then later in the season If you bought elite legs, you could your upgrade your off-spec legs to elite legs for honor too. That way you've always got the option to buy your offspec gear no matter how far in the season it is. (Instead of having a massive honor grind at 27k CQ to gear your offspec, when the gear will be useless in a month anyway)

Edited by Snuggli, 18 January 2013 - 04:48 AM.

View PostBraindance, on 11 October 2013 - 12:44 PM, said:

Go listen to some Bieber shit and leave me alone fucko.

#37 Synkz

Synkz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Posts: 2684
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/0/2/0

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:49 AM

I really, really like that they added in the catch-up cap.  Didn't that idea come from an AJ poster?

#38 Pritchard

Pritchard
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Posts: 617
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/0

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:51 AM

View PostSnuggli, on 18 January 2013 - 04:46 AM, said:

I don't know if most of that was aimed at me, but it looks to me like Crafted -> Honor -> Conquest -> Elite Conquest gear are all stat upgrades. In the same way we have Crafted -> Honor -> Conquest. They've just added another one on the end of it and got rid of cosmetic elite gear.

There will still be the problem that once people hit that 27000 and gear their hybrid specs, they will still only be able to start upgrading to elite gear for one of their specs. So by the end of the season people will still only have 1 viable gear set. Having your mainset Elite and your second set non-Elite will be like having your mainset malovent and your offset dreadful.

All the other changes are really good though. It's just this whole "easier to gear offspec" one that doesn't add up.

It'd make more sense if they had a system where if you bought conquest legs, you could then buy off-spec conquest legs for honor, and then later in the season If you bought elite legs, you could your upgrade your off-spec legs to elite legs for honor too. That way you've always got the option to buy your offspec gear no matter how far in the season it is. (Instead of having a massive honor grind at 27k CQ to gear your offspec, when the gear will be useless in a month anyway)


they mentioned changing ilvls around, i dont think the gap between  s13 nd s13 elite will be bad at all, if there is even an ilvl increase for elite gear.

Edited by hairpiece, 18 January 2013 - 04:57 AM.


#39 GrieverZ

GrieverZ
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Thaurissan
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 1301
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1698
  • 3v3: 2495
  • 5v5: 1335
  • RBG: 192

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:52 AM

View PostSynkz, on 18 January 2013 - 04:49 AM, said:

I really, really like that they added in the catch-up cap.  Didn't that idea come from an AJ poster?

Nadagast.

#40 hekumzx

hekumzx
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm
  • Posts: 524
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/2/1/0/0/.
  • 2v2: 2048
  • 3v3: 2776

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:55 AM

If by competition you mean carries.  Which equal good competition only for anyone already capable of rating.

A comprehensive look at resto shaman, from the inside out - http://i.imgur.com/icr36xO.png

Posted Image

Official Blizzard Quote:

11/18/10
Balance isn't as easy as some seem to think and often balance is in the eye of the beholder.. We believe priests will be in good shape if not great..




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<