• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 1/2/2/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2662

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:44 AM

View PostHeywoods, on 18 January 2013 - 05:39 AM, said:

I am actually really surprised they made this announcement today without also including the new cosmetic rewards they have planned for the PvP community. Near the beginning of Mists of Pandaria, I believe it was Cory Stockton, who mentioned their goal was to introduce more cosmetic rewards and a larger variety of them at some point in the future for the pvp community.

They did make a blue post just this morning about cosmetic items saying they're still working on "motivating" the PvP'ers to play more.

http://eu.battle.net...83927?page=4#66

http://eu.battle.net...83927?page=5#98

And I just feel the need to quote Nakatoir here because I just love him.

"I have to ask; why is it that you feel entitled to have better gear than someone of lesser skill and as such bridge that gap between you both even further, giving you an even more distinct advantage?
If players are able to fight with an equal footing in regards to gear, then you will be able to tell who has more skill as the better player will obviously be able to attain more rating. This change should excite you with having a better chance to show your stuff and surpass 2.2K rating, push yourself beyond your known limits and try for the best you can!"

This is the mindset they currently have and I just love it. It's just perfect.

#62 phunk

phunk
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/2/1/0/0

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:32 PM

This sounds okey I think, now just make you earn equal conquest points from 3s and RBG's

#63 drunkbaby

drunkbaby
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Holy 0/1/2/2/2/0
  • RBG: 768

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:34 PM

Since we're on the subject of sweeping PvP reform, is it too much to ask for a little gold per arena win as well?

Dunno about everyone else, but the only thing I really find enjoyable anymore is PvPing. Though it nets you nothing, it costs quite a bit to  properly gem and enchant a set of gear. Add in the fact that, at the bare minimum, you're going to be faced with doing this at least twice a season.... Playing an offspec or an alt is only going to compound the problem.

I'd say add honor per win, but with these changes, a surplus of honor doesn't appear likely if you want to keep multiple sets of gear and focus mainly on arenas. Do they even have the vendors to purchase mats with honor anymore? Not like those prices made sense anyway.

Finding a method to exploit this doesn't immediately come to mind either, since you actually have to win the match, and can't gain endless currency via botting. If it were to become an issue, they could just cap out the amount you can earn a week or something similar.

Are there holes in this idea? You get gold for doing heroics and raiding, why not for their counterparts, arena and (dare I say it) RBGs. It's never made sense to me.

#64 Saikx

Saikx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arcane 0/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 2137
  • 3v3: 2624
  • RBG: 2184

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:46 PM

Finally you can say blizzard cares even if its a little, all of the changes actually make competition better. Especially the midseason start change is awesome. And people who care about 2,2k want to outgear their opponents and have a small penis anyways.

Edit: Now I´m curious to see what their plans are for the rank 1 first week camping retards, maybe these people should play CS, WoW doesnt seem right

Edited by Saikx, 18 January 2013 - 02:51 PM.

Posted Image

Visit my stream: http://www.twitch.tv/saikx

#65 Trenzix23

Trenzix23
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Elemental 1/1/2/1/0/2
  • RBG: 192

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

So after 4 seasons of not doing rbg, I'm going to have to if I want to keep up on getting t2 -.- or does anyone know if arena and rbg cap for the week will be equal?

#66 mullieman003

mullieman003
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:04 PM

so this means you should just save all your points till you have 27k and instantly buy the most powerful set....?
stream channel:
http://nl.justin.tv/mulliej

#67 Nelehx

Nelehx
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/1/0/2/1

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:15 PM

intresting changes will see how it works out, but didn't some developer said they would ditch the idea of upgrading gear? ppl will still fall behind with the upgrades lol

Edited by Nelehx, 18 January 2013 - 03:16 PM.

swe ofc ^^

#68 Thugjitsu

Thugjitsu
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/0/1/1/2
  • RBG: 2222

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:24 PM

View Postmaarko, on 18 January 2013 - 02:41 AM, said:

Really really good changes. They should implement some cool cosmetic shit for people with higher ratings as an added incentive for people to actually push ratings. It will also give more casual players something to push towards instead of just capping points each week.

This^

Maybe only make the 2200 weapons a different color, not gear?  That way they don't go too overboard, giving just enough distinction between the two...
Posted Image

#69 CreepStatus

CreepStatus
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/1/2/0
  • LocationGAINZville, the Gym

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:48 PM

View Postmullieman003, on 18 January 2013 - 03:04 PM, said:

so this means you should just save all your points till you have 27k and instantly buy the most powerful set....?

I would assume elite would cost the same as it does now + the conquest. Meaning you have to have the 1st tier of tyrannical to buy the second tier and now they are just changing it so it has upgraded stats and costs conquests. Otherwise yes save points and buy best set xD
Please use an appropriate signature; thanks! www.arenajunkies.com/forum-9/announcement-3-forum-rules-2272014/
the best playlist ever-https://www.youtube....FVT_S-TjfEu-GC2
NEW: best playlist ever 2- http://www.youtube.c...feature=mh_lolz
twitch.tv/bornlol
youtube.com/bornlolwins

#70 mullieman003

mullieman003
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:17 PM

Tier 1 and Tier 2 armor

Posted Image

Tier 1 and Tier 2 Weapons

Posted Image

Edited by mullieman003, 18 January 2013 - 04:18 PM.

stream channel:
http://nl.justin.tv/mulliej

#71 Ciarzx

Ciarzx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/0/2/0/0/0
  • RBG: 2404

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

silly old pinky
My twitch follows are much appreciated!

#72 rtcinema

rtcinema
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/1/1/0/0

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:56 PM

I personally love the changes as they show that the dev team listened to us pvpers.  Now all we need is for Titles/Mounts to not be so one sided.  If I get exalted with every horde pve faction the Ambassador title is account bound.  If I get exalted with all the horde pvp factions the title is character specific.  Does someone afking thousands of wsg/ab's make them more skillful at a class than someone grinding normal heroics?  If I get a mount from a 25M Heroic raid it's account bound, if I get a mount from doing RBGs its character specific.  Why?  And you can't tell me it's cause you mastered the class for RBGs, especially with all the win trading going on this season.

"We're losing to shitters, doesnt that make us worse than shitters?."

"No, it makes the game unbalanced."

#73 Nightmonkey

Nightmonkey
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/0/0
  • RBG: 1999

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:13 PM

Really excited about these changes.  I'm still a little concerned about the ilvl difference in the new and old malevolent gear.  After being hopelessly behind in gear on every character I have this season, I was really looking forward to being on even footing again after obtaining honor for the proper gear.

If I have to deal with everyone I'm playing against having a 20 ilvl advantage because they still have fully upgraded s12 malevolent, what will make it any different than just playing with full dreadful right now?  Is the new gear actually going to be just as good if not better than fully upgraded s12 malevolent even though it's ilvl is lower?

Also I really agree with the guy that mentioned PvP mounts/titles not being account wide.  As long as you can inspect someone and see if the character they are currently on earned the achievement for that mount, I see no reason why they couldn't make mounts/titles account wide.

#74 rtcinema

rtcinema
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:19 PM

People like to use the argument that having a Gladiator mount means that you mastered that class whereas if you have a PVE mount it means that you can move out of a purple circle on the ground.

#75 Strobo

Strobo
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/2

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:21 PM

if I reroll to a new class at the start of the season I'll have to honor farm an inferior 476 Malevolent set and an unupgradable T1 weapon (470) to face players with 491 Malevolent gear and a 498 T2 weapon.

and with Tyrannical T1 being 483 iLvL it seems logical that people with Malevolent T2 will simply wait untill they have 27000 points (the requirement for Tyrannical T2 as I understand it) buy the T1 for honor and upgrade it to T2 for conquest.

Problem.

#76 paiku

paiku
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2291

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:28 PM

why is there even an elite set ? i am fine with weapons, but why elite set with same stats as normal tyrannical, if everyone is able to get it ?

#77 Saikx

Saikx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:40 PM

View PostStrobo, on 18 January 2013 - 06:21 PM, said:

if I reroll to a new class at the start of the season I'll have to honor farm an inferior 476 Malevolent set and an unupgradable T1 weapon (470) to face players with 491 Malevolent gear and a 498 T2 weapon.

and with Tyrannical T1 being 483 iLvL it seems logical that people with Malevolent T2 will simply wait untill they have 27000 points (the requirement for Tyrannical T2 as I understand it) buy the T1 for honor and upgrade it to T2 for conquest.

Problem.

wat? as far as I understood it with tyrannical elite they just mean the elite version which has the same stats... have fun waiting 3 months and then buying it from honor wtf

where do you get that tyrannical non elite will be 483?

tl;dr: both tyrannical gears have same itemlevel and stats, the elite version is just looking different and since they removed 2,2k its now 27000cp thats the only change here.

also this:

View Postmullieman003, on 18 January 2013 - 04:17 PM, said:

Tier 1 and Tier 2 armor

Posted Image

Tier 1 and Tier 2 Weapons

Posted Image

Edit: also alot of people seem to have some serious reading comprehension issue, seeing all these threads and posts about that retarded save 27000 conquest points idea, rofl

Edited by Saikx, 18 January 2013 - 06:48 PM.

Posted Image

#78 Ermurazorqt

Ermurazorqt
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 768

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:00 PM

View PostSaikx, on 18 January 2013 - 06:40 PM, said:

Edit: also alot of people seem to have some serious reading comprehension issue, seeing all these threads and posts about that retarded save 27000 conquest points idea, rofl

You seem to be the one with reading comprehension i'm afraid, you quoted Strobo but didn't even reply to what he was talking about lol. He doesn't even mention anything about elite gear or not that you for some reason are talking about.

His real question is for someone that just got back to the game in S13 or levelled a new class. You will first farm 476 ilvl gear from honor, while people who played S12 has 491 ilvl gear from upgrading the 483 gear. You can also buy S12 Tier 1 from honor which is 470 ilvl.

Normally during seasons it's like this : New seasons tier 1 weapon > Last seasons T2 when it comes to item lvl. Take for example S9 to S10 where S9 T2 had 372 ilvl and S10 T1 had 378 ilvl.

But this season S13 T1 =
Posted Image

483 item lvl as you may see while Tier 2 from S12 has 498 ilvl when upgraded. That means someone that just got back to the game is not only behind on gear, but also on weapon until he can get S13 T2.

TLDR: S12 T2 > S13 T1 therefore you can't catch up on weapon until you get S13 T2.

#79 rtcinema

rtcinema
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

Except for the fact blizzard said the iL is lower because they don't want it being used for PVE catch up, but they are adding more PVP power and resil to each item to compensate for the lower iL therefore making it equivalent to the gear currently available.

#80 Saikx

Saikx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:11 PM

View PostErmurazorqt, on 18 January 2013 - 07:00 PM, said:

You seem to be the one with reading comprehension i'm afraid, you quoted Strobo but didn't even reply to what he was talking about lol. He doesn't even mention anything about elite gear or not that you for some reason are talking about.

His real question is for someone that just got back to the game in S13 or levelled a new class. You will first farm 476 ilvl gear from honor, while people who played S12 has 491 ilvl gear from upgrading the 483 gear. You can also buy S12 Tier 1 from honor which is 470 ilvl.

Normally during seasons it's like this : New seasons tier 1 weapon > Last seasons T2 when it comes to item lvl. Take for example S9 to S10 where S9 T2 had 372 ilvl and S10 T1 had 378 ilvl.

But this season S13 T1 =
Posted Image

483 item lvl as you may see while Tier 2 from S12 has 498 ilvl when upgraded. That means someone that just got back to the game is not only behind on gear, but also on weapon until he can get S13 T2.

TLDR: S12 T2 > S13 T1 therefore you can't catch up on weapon until you get S13 T2.

Then you should reread my post, I am talking about the stupid 27k CP save up idea thats basically useless.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<