#61 Zub

Zub
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/1

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:21 PM

I think someone to help with being cleaved the entire match would be great (maybe return of masochism?) because the disperse nerf is going to make it even more awful against it, it's probably be a change for the best (like blanket cs removal would have been) but going to suck badly in the current incarnation of the game.

Edited by Zub, 05 February 2013 - 01:27 PM.

#62 Destia25

Destia25
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1718
  • 3v3: 1960
  • 5v5: 960
  • RBG: 192

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:05 PM

Phantasm nerf is dumb as fuck. Over-nerfed once again.

#63 Seu

Seu
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:59 PM

View Postdionim, on 02 February 2013 - 12:44 PM, said:

just my 2 cents here guys

but dont you guys think (for disc specially) that fear ward is so uselles?
imo they must change it, idk change the glyph to make it be usable while feared to get out of it, or the glyph make it undispelable.

not like its gamebreaking, 3 min cd and a glyph slot...

now 3 seconds after the gates are open, my ward is already gone, not to mention the ward bug with psyfiend...

I always felt like immuning a fear with fear ward should put you on dr at the very least. feels kinda dumb warding a warrior fear and getting instantly blood feared for 8 seconds with such a huge cooldown.

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/1/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 2055
  • 3v3: 2436

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:50 PM

View PostDjandawg, on 01 February 2013 - 03:18 AM, said:

I played some PTR recently.People who think disc is going to be great are in for a surprise. At the start of this expansion they removed almost everything that was good about the spec or nerfed significantly but they added some cool abilities (that did not compensate). Now those new cool abilities such as psyfiend, phantasm, spectral guise , mindbender got nerfed/stealth nerfed so much, I am having hard time finding a reason to play the class. Even though healing is buffed to a level where it is not outrageously bad comparing to other healers anymore like it was the start of the expansion.

Here is what 5.2 priest is: a healer that is as sophisticated as the TBC holy paladin that doesn't have any healing cooldowns, that can occasionally go invisible in arena for 6seconds(while remaining in combat) ,that can mass dispel, that heals less than other healers, that dies faster than other healers.
in every single post i see u whining and talking like disc is completely unplayable?go play some 3s with good ppl and get rating as disc , ive seen many disc priest that are in glad range alrdy and they dont mind playing a less op class, or to call it better , a balanced class

#65 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:39 AM

http://www.crossladd...s;r=1;ts=3;c=5/
not sure how accurate this is but, if you manually check armories excluding russians, I think there are 2 or 3 above 2.4k.
They said they are following AJ and I can't post my views/changes I would like to see on US forums(which they follow). because I don't have a US account. Sorry if I come of whiny, it comes with being unable to have fun with your main spec.

Edited by Djandawg, 03 February 2013 - 12:45 AM.

#66 Violatrix

Violatrix
  • Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Holy 0/1/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 1130
  • LocationLos Angeles, California, USA

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:04 AM

View PostYarmyxx, on 02 February 2013 - 11:50 PM, said:

in every single post i see u whining and talking like disc is completely unplayable?go play some 3s with good ppl and get rating as disc , ive seen many disc priest that are in glad range alrdy and they dont mind playing a less op class, or to call it better , a balanced class

There are a *few* discs over 2400, yes, but I think it's a pretty big stretch to say "many."  Relative to the number of teams out there, disc is virtually nonexistent over 1700.  The reason we all know of people like Fuzionn and Porkz--to name just a couple--is that they are exceptional players doing what many of us cannot do given the state of the spec.

I agree with the spirit of your post, however.  There *are* people out there making the class work, so if people are having a hard time making it work (including myself) it is because they are not trying hard enough to make a viable team with good people or are just not up to the task.
Lightweight Chastise CD tracker:

http://www.curse.com...ixchastisetimer

#67 zsuper

zsuper
  • Junkies
  • Unknown Raceclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/2

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:09 AM

View PostViolatrix, on 03 February 2013 - 05:04 AM, said:

There are a *few* discs over 2400, yes, but I think it's a pretty big stretch to say "many."  Relative to the number of teams out there, disc is virtually nonexistent over 1700.  The reason we all know of people like Fuzionn and Porkz--to name just a couple--is that they are exceptional players doing what many of us cannot do given the state of the spec.

I agree with the spirit of your post, however.  There *are* people out there making the class work, so if people are having a hard time making it work (including myself) it is because they are not trying hard enough to make a viable team with good people or are just not up to the task.

Actually, every Disc I can think of over 2.4k (maybe even 2.2k?) is running a mongoloid comp built around popping all cooldowns and globalling someone.

I don't think the healer really does much in these comps, but Disc in particular would probably bind every key to Mass Dispel and Dispel, making their fully-cooldowned-opener impossible to peel.

Edited by zsuper, 03 February 2013 - 08:10 AM.

#68 pripripriest

pripripriest
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/.
  • LocationDurotar

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:54 PM

View Postdionim, on 02 February 2013 - 12:44 PM, said:

just my 2 cents here guys

but dont you guys think (for disc specially) that fear ward is so uselles?
imo they must change it, idk change the glyph to make it be usable while feared to get out of it, or the glyph make it undispelable.

not like its gamebreaking, 3 min cd and a glyph slot...

now 3 seconds after the gates are open, my ward is already gone, not to mention the ward bug with psyfiend...

more like after tremor is used fear after is still on DR .. with fear ward vs locks you get feared ---> immune ---> Feared FULL GG
----------------
Hàppypiè©

"
The future... seems to me no unified dream but a mince pie, long in the baking, never quite done."
E. Young

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#69 angelownzz

angelownzz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 1526
  • 3v3: 2324

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:48 PM

been playing a lot of ptr lately, messing around with insanity, and i think in conjunction with 3 orb dp, the burst is still good. Having to cast mindflay would be the only problem but not too big of one if swapping correctly with fear/deep or fear/kidney when playing RPS/Godcomp. I'm not angry about the fade change, promotes better positioning and awareness. And the disperse change is also fine, you locked out you locked out son! Just heal for 6-7 seconds lol.

Classes that are insanely good, if you didn't already know, Monks #1, Rogues #2, Dks #3 imo.

Edited by angelownzz, 04 February 2013 - 07:50 PM.

#70 Zub

Zub
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:56 AM

Priest
- We are reverting the change to how Devouring Plague deals damage. It will have more up-front damage in 5.2 as it does in 5.1. We think the more recent nerfs to Shadow healing and Phantasm are more appropriate changes for PvP.

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/2/2/1/2
  • RBG: 2573

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:23 AM

View PostZub, on 05 February 2013 - 09:56 AM, said:

Priest
- We are reverting the change to how Devouring Plague deals damage. It will have more up-front damage in 5.2 as it does in 5.1. We think the more recent nerfs to Shadow healing and Phantasm are more appropriate changes for PvP.

Source??? and also phantasm should be nerfed to only work vs spells and hunters should still be able to hit you.

Edited by Zerlog, 05 February 2013 - 10:23 AM.

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/2/2/1/2
  • RBG: 2573

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:25 AM

View PostDestia25, on 02 February 2013 - 02:05 PM, said:

#73 Draakex

Draakex
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Holy 1/2/1/0/1/0
  • RBG: 1149
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:26 AM

View PostZerlog, on 05 February 2013 - 10:23 AM, said:

Source??? and also phantasm should be nerfed to only work vs spells and hunters should still be able to hit you.
it's on mmo-champion
i still think the phantasm-nerf is dumb
at least we get more burst damage, because that's what we need... oh wait.

Posted Image

#74 Zub

Zub
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:26 PM

View PostZerlog, on 05 February 2013 - 10:23 AM, said:

http://us.battle.net...046?page=11#209

#75 Virent

Virent
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • 2v2: 2132
  • 3v3: 2317
  • RBG: 1827
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:13 PM

View PostZub, on 05 February 2013 - 09:56 AM, said:

Priest

But that was actually not even a bad change. Devouring Plague does wayy too much up-front dmg right now so it would be better if it got nerfed by at least 20-30% up-front and all that went to DoT dmg.

Do they even know how to actually fix spriests?

View PostDestia25, on 02 February 2013 - 02:05 PM, said:

Posted Image

#76 Isumi

Isumi
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2123
  • 3v3: 2847
  • 5v5: 1620
  • RBG: 2188

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:15 PM

View PostVirent, on 05 February 2013 - 02:13 PM, said:

But that was actually not even a bad change. Devouring Plague does wayy too much up-front dmg right now so it would be better if it got nerfed by at least 20-30% up-front and all that went to DoT dmg.

Do they even know how to actually fix spriests?

40k with on-use trinket is too much up.front dmg for your "best" burst spell?

you can 3 orb a warrior at 15% with full dots and he still does not die because the devouring plague dmg is too less burst to get through his second wind

#77 Virent

Virent
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • 2v2: 2132
  • 3v3: 2317
  • RBG: 1827
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:56 PM

View PostIsumi, on 05 February 2013 - 03:15 PM, said:

40k with on-use trinket is too much up.front dmg for your "best" burst spell?

you can 3 orb a warrior at 15% with full dots and he still does not die because the devouring plague dmg is too less burst to get through his second wind

Well, Idk about you, but I do about 100k devouring plagues (i'm not even fully geared) most of the times with cds on non-warriors (and they're nerfing warrior defensive stance anyway) and that's not even counting the dot dmg which is not exactly that little either. I don't think the burst that a spriest can do with lucky crits and procs is balanced right now. That RNG part needs to be fixed as well, but devouring plague at least in my opinion would be better if it was just mostly DoT dmg but undispellable. That would fix it.

Edited by Virent, 05 February 2013 - 04:59 PM.

Posted Image

#78 wambafat

wambafat
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Drak'Tharon
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/2

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:58 AM

Spiritual Healing is a new passive ability obtained by Discipline and Holy Priests at level 10. This ability increases the amount of healing done by Posted Image Flash Heal, Posted Image Binding Heal, Posted Image Renew, and Posted Image Prayer of Mending by 25%. The amount of healing done by those four spells have been reduced by 20%. For Holy and Discipline Priests, there is no change to the amount of healing done by those four spells.

So, disc is still going to do the same shitty amount of healing?

#79 Crystalfrost

Crystalfrost

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:39 AM

Did they revert the Devouring Plague change ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<