dionim
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 883

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:59 AM

this dp change might increases our damage guys since we already have a really good mastery and we should have more for the next season

#42 Scratchyo

Scratchyo
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/1/.

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:52 PM

View Postdionim, on 28 January 2013 - 10:59 AM, said:

this dp change might increases our damage guys since we already have a really good mastery and we should have more for the next season

i dont know why, but on ptr it seems that the mastery procc of DP does still the old dmg...

11k instead of 20k, must be a bug

#43 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:12 PM

View PostVirral, on 21 January 2013 - 06:16 AM, said:

Has anyone been trying out the new insanity, and if so is it worth getting a little wet over? I really cant see it being better than spike procs, but if it is this frees up a glyph slot for us (able to death cc again, anyone?).
i think the mind spike glyph nerf means you will have a free glyph slot regardless if insanity is worth it or not? :)

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 30 January 2013 - 09:13 PM.

View PostPouncedd, on 12 June 2014 - 01:51 AM, said:

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper and have looked at the numbers comparatively for almost every class

View PostJontex, on 23 June 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#44 Seu

Seu
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:28 PM

nevermind, hyped on binding heal change and ill definitely be running disc next season

Edited by Seu, 30 January 2013 - 11:29 PM.

#45 vindz

vindz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • 2v2: 1631
  • 3v3: 2442
  • RBG: 2371

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:07 AM

This new changes is just terrible! HELLOOOO DISC, jk can`t play disc fml

#46 wtfbro

wtfbro
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Crushridge
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/.

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:19 AM

the only way priests had to avoid cc/200k chaos bolts is gone lolol

#47 zsuper

zsuper
  • Junkies
  • Unknown Raceclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/2

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:27 AM

Official Blizzard Quote:

For Shadow, this ability causes Mind Flay to gain the Insanity effect when it's cast on a target with 3 Shadow damage-over-time spells on it. Insanity increases the damage of Mind Flay by 33% per Shadow Orb consumed.

Does anyone understand how this interacts with orbs?

Also wtf @ Phantasm no longer making us un-targetable and Dispersion being put in the Shadow school? Overkill?

Edited by zsuper, 31 January 2013 - 03:31 AM.

#48 wtfbro

wtfbro
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Crushridge
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/.

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:32 AM

View Postzsuper, on 31 January 2013 - 03:27 AM, said:

Official Blizzard Quote:

For Shadow, this ability causes Mind Flay to gain the Insanity effect when it's cast on a target with 3 Shadow damage-over-time spells on it. Insanity increases the damage of Mind Flay by 33% per Shadow Orb consumed.

Does anyone understand how this interacts with orbs?

Also wtf @ Phantasm no longer making us un-targetable and Dispersion being put in the Shadow school? Overkill?
you have to have 3 dots up.. DP requires orbs to be used

#49 Porkz

Porkz
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Discipline 1/2/1/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2096
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:58 AM

View Postwtfbro, on 31 January 2013 - 03:19 AM, said:

the only way priests had to avoid cc/200k chaos bolts is gone lolol

Use a pillar :confused:

#50 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:14 AM

It's sick how careful they are when it comes to making sure that disc priest is never on par with other healers, every time they buff something, there is a trade off.

-Mindbender mana buffed: Mindbender is now instant turnevil'able with macro , or banishable
-Psyfiend, solid ability turned into banishable/macro fearable, 2 second casting pet that is 1 shottable.
-Healing spells buffed but battle fatigue affects shields, guess which class has shields.
-Glyphs became baseline, good change, will finally be able to sw: death cc but phantasm range immunity is removed which is particularly disgusting because voidshift + fade for discipline was really good, now we'll get execute
-Every single 90 tier talent is horrible, divine star healing buffed, now you can't unstealth people anymore with halo.

Edited by Djandawg, 31 January 2013 - 04:16 AM.

#51 Milanah_6538907

Milanah_6538907
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Shadow 0/0/0/0/2/2

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:16 AM

View PostDizzeeyo, on 30 January 2013 - 09:12 PM, said:

i think the mind spike glyph nerf means you will have a free glyph slot regardless if insanity is worth it or not? :)

Guess I'll take Glyph of Fade then cause with the nerf to phantasm I really think we will be a way better target for every spellcleave since we can't just fade and evade every burst incoming.

About the DP change: I really don't like it because at the moment the dot does nearly nothing and the increase in its damage still doesn't change anything, the only thing that changed is that our burst is a lot weaker now.

#52 Serben

Serben
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Combat
  • RBG: 576

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:39 AM

View PostSnuggli, on 23 January 2013 - 10:06 PM, said:

Didn't they say a couple of days (or weeks?) ago that they wanted DP damage to be the same, but spread out for the duration of DP. That way it nerfs the PvP burst but keeps PvE DPS the same.

It doesn't really change anything. Most the time it's cast inside of a stun with a silence to follow it up, that covers the duration of it.

Quite huge nerf since Monks can remove diseases

#53 Seu

Seu
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:59 AM

View PostDjandawg, on 31 January 2013 - 04:14 AM, said:

It's sick how careful they are when it comes to making sure that disc priest is never on par with other healers, every time they buff something, there is a trade off.

-Mindbender mana buffed: Mindbender is now instant turnevil'able with macro , or banishable
-Psyfiend, solid ability turned into banishable/macro fearable, 2 second casting pet that is 1 shottable.
-Healing spells buffed but battle fatigue affects shields, guess which class has shields.
-Glyphs became baseline, good change, will finally be able to sw: death cc but phantasm range immunity is removed which is particularly disgusting because voidshift + fade for discipline was really good, now we'll get execute
-Every single 90 tier talent is horrible, divine star healing buffed, now you can't unstealth people anymore with halo.

So much this, the phantasm nerf, battle fatigue change, and psyfiend nerf pretty much dashed my hopes of disc being good next season :(

#54 amirdaheat

amirdaheat
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • RBG: 2269

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:14 AM

Phantasm - no longer makes you untargetable.
Dispersion - now belongs to the Shadow school, meaning it can get locked out.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#55 zsuper

zsuper
  • Junkies
  • Unknown Raceclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:42 AM

View PostPorkz, on 31 January 2013 - 03:58 AM, said:

Use a pillar :confused:

I'd agree with this for past seasons, but I don't think it's a good response for MoP.

Shadow has a really hard time sticking on classes due to our lack of root/slow, on top of the fact that every class is very mobile in MoP. In order to burst someone, I'm often forced into positions where I can't LoS, otherwise they the target will just walk around a pillar and I won't be able to do anything to it.

With the state of MoP, that global you lost because the target LoS'd is often the difference between scoring a kill and the enemy healer saving them with a 100k instant.

#56 Libyanator

Libyanator
  • Barasi
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Retribution 2/0/0/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2401

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:46 AM

View PostSerben, on 31 January 2013 - 10:39 AM, said:

Quite huge nerf since Monks can remove diseases

Most of the time DP is used in conjunction with Stun/Silence though?
[3:54:02 AM] Obelodalix: When it's full on flop
[3:54:06 AM] Obelodalix: Mine just gets lost
[3:54:09 AM] Obelodalix: in a sea of balls
[3:54:11 AM] Obelodalix: cuz I'm danny hart

#57 Seu

Seu
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:46 AM

View Postzsuper, on 01 February 2013 - 02:42 AM, said:

I'd agree with this for past seasons, but I don't think it's a good response for MoP.

Shadow has a really hard time sticking on classes due to our lack of root/slow, on top of the fact that every class is very mobile in MoP. In order to burst someone, I'm often forced into positions where I can't LoS, otherwise they the target will just walk around a pillar and I won't be able to do anything to it.

With the state of MoP, that global you lost because the target LoS'd is often the difference between scoring a kill and the enemy healer saving them with a 100k instant.

with regards to disc, fade kind of allowed you to show your face for a second in light of the plethora of instant ccs or easy instant swaps you can make in mop.

its also much more reliable than swd, as swding instant cc is a crapshoot where you can get the backlash damage to hit you while ccd 90% of the time but maybe only break 10% of ccs.

#58 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:18 AM

I played some PTR recently.People who think disc is going to be great are in for a surprise. At the start of this expansion they removed almost everything that was good about the spec or nerfed significantly but they added some cool abilities (that did not compensate). Now those new cool abilities such as psyfiend, phantasm, spectral guise , mindbender got nerfed/stealth nerfed so much, I am having hard time finding a reason to play the class. Even though healing is buffed to a level where it is not outrageously bad comparing to other healers anymore like it was the start of the expansion.

Here is what 5.2 priest is: a healer that is as sophisticated as the TBC holy paladin that doesn't have any healing cooldowns, that can occasionally go invisible in arena for 6seconds(while remaining in combat) ,that can mass dispel, that heals less than other healers, that dies faster than other healers.

Edited by Djandawg, 01 February 2013 - 03:41 AM.

#59 Virent

Virent
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • 2v2: 2132
  • 3v3: 2317
  • RBG: 1827
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:21 AM

They could've nerfed other things like Mass Dispel or Life Swap. As it is right now, Phantasm is pretty needed for disc and is pretty good for shadow as well. It'll make shadow the #1 train target and will make going for fears almost impossible against a good team because everyone would just be training you.

Even with everything disc was getting, I still can't imagine it being viable now with this change and seeing as how much they actually lost at the start of the expansion. As said above, they'd probably be like TBC hpallys.

Edited by Virent, 01 February 2013 - 11:22 AM.

Posted Image

#60 dionim

dionim
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • 2v2: 883

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:44 PM

just my 2 cents here guys

but dont you guys think (for disc specially) that fear ward is so uselles?
imo they must change it, idk change the glyph to make it be usable while feared to get out of it, or the glyph make it undispelable.

not like its gamebreaking, 3 min cd and a glyph slot...

now 3 seconds after the gates are open, my ward is already gone, not to mention the ward bug with psyfiend...

Edited by dionim, 02 February 2013 - 12:45 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<