Ghostcrawler on RBGs vs Arena (Official)

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#41 Hazzah

Hazzah
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 2/1/1/0/1/2
  • RBG: 2347

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:47 PM

View PostNadagast, on 16 January 2013 - 10:35 PM, said:

I don't think you're characterizing the situation fairly when you say they 'neglect us completely'.  They do lots of things for us.  Yes, sometimes things that are very broken stay in for a long time.  No, I am not happy about that.  I agree they should have a PvP specialty team.  Criticize them for that and you'll have my support, don't call them idiots.

Obviously it was an overstatement, but it's retarded how it takes an entire season - sometimes even more - for them to realize what's not working in PvP. Take this upgrade-idea, for instance. VERY few PvP'ers support this idea and very few should simply because of the insane gap it creates between newly dinged players and people that have been here since day 1 of the season. It also demotivates people from levelling alts, as there's no use in having to wait 3-4 weeks for your weapon, and then another 3 months for full gear to be on par with everyone else. That was obviously not a well-thought out concept, and it goes to show how little they care about PvP at all.

View PostNadagast, on 16 January 2013 - 10:35 PM, said:

I think they do implement some of the better ideas provided by the PvP community.  Albeit at a slow pace, because we are a small part of the game (obviously I wish they were faster).  Some ideas they may not implement because they simply disagree that they are good ideas.  Their reasoning for not wanting to separate PvP from PvE for example, is that they don't want to add the additional complexity for players to sort through (and additional complexity in development?  Not sure on that).  While I disagree with their conclusion, I can certainly respect that logic.

The slow pace is the exact problem of it all. Fixing something seasons after the problem occured isn't really helpful, and they've probably lost hundreds of thousands of subscribers just because they're so incredibly slow at listening to the PvP'ers outcries of what needs fixing and what doesn't.

Additional complexity doesn't hurt anyone - au contraire - it'd make the game more diverse and fun. This isn't their logic either, it's yours. You are assuming and guessing that this is how blizzard thinks, and honestly you're overcomplicating things.

That being said, I do understand everything isn't as easy to sort out as it's made out to be by players, but it sure as hell isn't as hard as blizzard makes it out to be either.
Posted Image

#42 Saikx

Saikx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arcane 0/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 2137
  • 3v3: 2624
  • RBG: 2184

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:21 PM

but... but... guys! they restarted TR !!!! they obviously care about the pvp community!!!

hehehehehhee

Sometimes I think some people just suck Blizzards dick for every little thing in hope to apply there.

Posted Image

Visit my stream: http://www.twitch.tv/saikx

#43 Nisslol

Nisslol
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 2002
  • 3v3: 2636
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationSheffield, UK

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:18 AM

View PostNadagast, on 16 January 2013 - 09:59 PM, said:

<wall of text by Nadagast>

You've said it well yourself, they could recruit any top pvpers to help them balance the pvp side and make a LOT of people happy (yes I'm not stupid, I understand we are the 1%, blabla) but they don't aka they don't do their job properly or they're too jewish to recruit one or two guys that would save over 1000 quitting which alone on its own is a profit. And if you think it's so hard to develop such game, you're wrong. Look at Arena-Tournament realm and how quick they can change and apply fixes and they're just bunch of rookies that had to rewrite all the server code as well. Sorry to say but you're just plain wrong about this aspect, they could and they did run the game a lot better back in Vanilla all the way up to WotlK, now they're just certain whatever they do there's always people like you to pat them on their back and say "good job Marine Biologist, you're definitely fit for the job : )". Just look at the way that spastic Ghostcrawler replies to the community that adresses major issues, I must have a permanent red hand mark imprinted on my face from reading some of it by now.

Popped a molly, I'm sweating.

View PostRizzo, on 07 April 2011 - 04:00 AM, said:

World of Cantcastunlessitsinstantcraft:  CCataclysm

View PostAyrasaurus, on 18 May 2013 - 04:23 PM, said:

im an idiot

#44 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2215
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:01 AM

Because changes on the ATR only affect arena. They explained the problems with that with an example where they fixed a mob in the Barrens and the Illidan encounter broke. This means that all changes need a lot of testing. I agree that many things should be done but the simple fact that we don't need PvE gear anymore gets overlooked quite a bit. This is probably a bigger quality of life change for WoW PvP than dual spec was. If they did not care about PvP would they have implemented all these gear changes?

They listened to a lot of Feedback (Disc Priest buffs, Resto Healing buff, Nerve Strike nerf etc.) and I know that top players do get asked by Blizzard to provide their insight. They simply don't post about it.

#45 Nez

Nez
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Sunstrider
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/0/2/2/.

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:01 PM

I'm pretty sure since WoTLK ended Blizzard has fired anyone with a slimmer of common sense in their design team.

I'm not talking here about PvP only, they made one horrible decision after another, they shoehorn the game into one direction without even thinking off long term consequences, by trying to broaden the audience they neglect everyone playing the game RIGHT NOW, they take one design and ignore everything else.

For example they're saying how they want this game to have a "progression style", they don't want people to jump into newest tier without doing the previous one.

Now, would somebody tell me how long the queues for MV first part are right now? Oh that's right, nearly 30 mins on prime time, man, I sure can't wait for the new tier to come out and have my alts wait 3 days in queue because there are no healers, and they also removing the gear upgrade, thus it will take me even longer to get the next tier item level due to utterly random drop rate of items in LFR.

Speaking of healers, why are there no healers in LFR? Maybe because they made the game "do the daily every day", must suck being a healer, this things are much easier to do as dps, why shouldn't the player just focus on the dps aspect of their class?

I know this is more of a pve rant, but I just wanted to show what retarded decision they made right now.

I have no hopes they can even make any semblance of good design in PvP, which is a much smaller part of the game, if they can't even make the casual, MAIN PART of the game good.

Shit's broken at the very core.

#46 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:07 PM

For example they're saying how they want this game to have a "progression style", they don't want people to jump into newest tier without doing the previous one.
They dumped that design since mid TBC when they introduced badges and currencies. It wasn't like this entire WotLK and Cataclysm as they kept introducing new 5mans or new currency gear all the time to allow people to focus on the current tier quicker.

Gear upgrades are a shit concept and you should be glad they are removing it. It makes the gear gap between fresh and old characters far too big.
Default UI Scripts - Compilation & how-to

#47 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2215
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:10 PM

A huge part of the raiding community protests since WotLK against the very things you advocate. And the claim that the game is not casual friendly to PvErs is probably a opinion few people here share. Ever played classic? A fully Naxxramas geared healer did the same damage to mobs as one with levelling gear and healer couldn't use dual spec until WotLK.

Now MoP introduced gear progression again and you complain about that very thing? Seriously daily quests are easily doable even with a healing spec and you can always group up.

#48 hekumzx

hekumzx
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/2/1/0/0/.
  • 2v2: 2048
  • 3v3: 2776

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

I think nada is probably arguing so vehemently because he hates morons.  And for two pages those morons post feeble minded retorts and continue to get pummeled.

Interesting social dynamic on AJ.

A comprehensive look at resto shaman, from the inside out - http://i.imgur.com/icr36xO.png

Posted Image

Official Blizzard Quote:

11/18/10
Balance isn't as easy as some seem to think and often balance is in the eye of the beholder.. We believe priests will be in good shape if not great..

#49 Pritchard

Pritchard
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/0

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:05 PM

View PostThaya, on 17 January 2013 - 02:07 PM, said:

Gear upgrades are a shit concept and you should be glad they are removing it. It makes the gear gap between fresh and old characters far too big.

gear upgrades are coming back in 5.3 sadly.

#50 Absoqt

Absoqt
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Burning Legion
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Discipline 1/2/1/1/1/2
  • RBG: 1905

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:14 PM

View PostNisslol, on 17 January 2013 - 08:18 AM, said:

And if you think it's so hard to develop such game, you're wrong. Look at Arena-Tournament realm and how quick they can change and apply fixes and they're just bunch of rookies that had to rewrite all the server code as well.

Clueless.
Gooby pls

#51 Nisslol

Nisslol
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationSheffield, UK

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:51 PM

View PostAbsoqt, on 19 January 2013 - 08:14 PM, said:

Clueless.

Clueless.

im an idiot

#52 Synkz

Synkz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blood Furnace
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/2/0/0/.

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:07 PM

View PostNisslol, on 19 January 2013 - 09:51 PM, said:

Clueless.
Posted Image

#53 Nisslol

Nisslol
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationSheffield, UK

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:30 PM

View PostSynkz, on 19 January 2013 - 10:07 PM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

im an idiot

#54 Absoqt

Absoqt
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Burning Legion
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Discipline 1/2/1/1/1/2
  • RBG: 1905

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:22 AM

View PostNisslol, on 19 January 2013 - 09:51 PM, said:

Clueless.

If you knew anything about development you wouldn't even mention AT in that context.
Gooby pls

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<