• Curse Sites
Help

New PTR Changes (RDruid Healing Buff, Blinding Light Nerf, Clone change & more)

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#41 Zilea

Zilea
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy 0/1/2/2/2/0
  • RBG: 192

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:01 PM

View Postaffix, on 15 January 2013 - 09:55 PM, said:

What comp do you think Mages will be running next patch with no Druid synergy and no imp CS?

I wasn't aware that the balance needs of one class revolve around another class, that's a problem with your class dude. Leave Druids out of it

#42 affix

affix
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost
  • RBG: 2479

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:02 PM

View PostZilea, on 15 January 2013 - 10:01 PM, said:

I wasn't aware that the balance needs of one class revolve around another class, that's a problem with your class dude. Leave Druids out of it
I was referring to your 'perfect patch' comment, unless you think a perfect patch can be one that ends the viability of one or more classes.

Edited by affix, 15 January 2013 - 10:02 PM.

#43 flannelsoff

flannelsoff
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/1/0/1/0
  • RBG: 2818

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:14 PM

blinding light change made me jizz

#44 Fleinflex

Fleinflex
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/0/2
  • RBG: 1707
  • LocationNorway

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:14 PM

View PostZilea, on 15 January 2013 - 09:31 PM, said:

I don't get it, 8 second cc that can't be dispelled? Is this for real ? Just make cyclone fucking dispellable and let it be a mirror of repentance

On another note, life swap needs to be disc only, hunter pets should not be able to cc, repentance needs to be 6s, clone needs to be 6s and dispellable, and totemic restoration needs to be removed. If those changes go through it will be a very close to perfect patch

Cyclones beeing undispellable is the ONLY thing that still keeps druids somewhat "viable" at the moment, with the burst that goes around these days hots are pretty much useless. It takes druids more then 1 second out of CC to top a target.

I agree 8 second cyclone is to long but if it DRs with pretty much every CC in the game then it needs to stay, as I said before. keep it 6 seconds and remove DR. Undispellable

Edited by Fleinflex, 15 January 2013 - 10:15 PM.

Posted Image

• Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:02 PM

Why do mages cry so fucking much? No matter how good they are it's nothing but tears. Hex and Poly dr and that hasnt exactly ever stopped mage/shaman/x from working together.

8 second undispellable, 32 yard cyclones will be absurd, NS clone will be blind on a one minute cd. But everyone can see how stupid it is, just like the rogue and monk changes, but it will go live, and s13 will be shit, so everyone will complain and cry until blizzard fixes rogues/druids/monks/spriests, but than s14 Disc priests, enhance shaman, and warlocks or whatever will be the new op shit, than we're baited with the new expansion and the cycle continues.

#46 Pitiless

Pitiless
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Elemental 2/1/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 2204

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:10 PM

If cyclone is going to be 8 seconds, it really needs to be dispellable.  Being able to completely peel a DPS for 8 seconds with no outs except trinket, from a no cooldown CC, is broken.  I understand it needs to be 8s since it'll share sheep DR, which is fine for casting it on healers, but casting it on a DPS won't be if it stays undispellable.

The rest of the changes look good though.

#47 Hackattack3

Hackattack3
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1609
  • 3v3: 1792
  • RBG: 2050

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:21 PM

What comp do you think Mages will be running next patch with no Druid synergy and no imp CS?

Mages will probably run RMP, feralMP (if PS doesn't get fucked up too much), WWMP.

But yea looks like you're stuck running with a priest : /

On Topic of Cyclone:

8 sec duration, dispellable or 6 sec duration undispellable seems to be the only reasonable options.

Duration with poly makes absolutely no sense.  Blizz should let 5.2 rip with blanket silence change and see how things pan out.

#48 Mirionx

Mirionx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 1/2/2/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2662

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:39 PM

RMP, FMP, MLS, SP / Mage / Healer, WMHealer.

Probably some new comps with monk healers too.

#49 stalebagel

stalebagel
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 192
  • 3v3: 2091

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:15 AM

Why can't blizzard just simply keep it off DR, keep it 6 seconds, but make it dispellable.  8 second undispellable clone is going to be insane for comps where incapicitate DR isn't already taken advantage of (druid/spriest and druid/lock).

#50 Renaissance_Man

Renaissance_Man
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Dragonmaw
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/2/0
  • RBG: 2211
  • LocationUS

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:33 AM

View PostJustwoo, on 15 January 2013 - 09:08 PM, said:

rpd next patch will be fun

Just kidding, clone now drs with sap and gouge.

#51 Boltz

Boltz
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Drenden
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Guardian 0/0/2/1/2/0
  • RBG: 2271

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:58 AM

I wonder if it'll be viable for ferals to use the resto or moonkin gloves just to grab that glove bonus.  8 second instant clones are wayyy better than the feral bonus.

#52 Nycto

Nycto
  • Junkies

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:24 AM

I think cyclone will need to be made dispelable, a long with some other cc's.

#53 Nightmonkey

Nightmonkey
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/0/0
  • RBG: 1999

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:34 AM

View PostRadejjj, on 15 January 2013 - 11:02 PM, said:

Why do mages cry so fucking much? No matter how good they are it's nothing but tears. Hex and Poly dr and that hasnt exactly ever stopped mage/shaman/x from working together.

8 second undispellable, 32 yard cyclones will be absurd, NS clone will be blind on a one minute cd. But everyone can see how stupid it is, just like the rogue and monk changes, but it will go live, and s13 will be shit, so everyone will complain and cry until blizzard fixes rogues/druids/monks/spriests, but than s14 Disc priests, enhance shaman, and warlocks or whatever will be the new op shit, than we're baited with the new expansion and the cycle continues.

Be careful dude, you'll quickly gain a mage fan club talking like that.  They will follow you to to every thread and post some random garbage to derail any thread into a flame war about mage balance.  This thread is a perfect example.

I'll probably gain a druid following the same way I gained a mage following by saying this, but why does cyclone need to be a special snowflake?  Sure classes need some variety, but they also need some parity as well.

There are classes that have CC that DRs with each other, yet they are still commonly found on the same teams.  Mages and Shaman are a good example.  Warriors and Paladins are another example that has been around forever (stun DR), yet they still work very well with each other even after 12 seasons and 4 expansions of huge sweeping changes all around.

Just because their CC will DR more often does not make them bad.  I don't really think it's fair for one team to be able to lock down one person on the other team indefinitely just because they used their instant CC first.  Right now cyclone makes this possible.

#54 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 1/2/0/2/2/2/.
  • 2v2: 2246
  • 3v3: 2532

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:08 AM

View PostBaht, on 15 January 2013 - 09:33 PM, said:

ele is getting a survivability buff and sure thats huge and will make it a lot better. but the purge nerf will hurt a lot more than ppl realise. purge is currently 50% of my pressure as ele. which is literally reduced by 50% with the nerf to purge glyph. so while i do think ele will be less frustrating to play, i cannot see how its supposed to turn into one of the best casters. If say, they buff lightning bolt dmg so you can put out some sustained pressure again i think it will be quite good. not OP but definently viable. without a sustained buff i doubt you will see more ele's around

Regardless of their sustained pressure, their burst is already superior and more controlled then mages/warlocks, and the damage + survivability buffs they are getting next patch will make spriest + ele + healer far stronger then Mage\Lock + spriest + healer, the only reason you won't see more eles is because resto will forever be one of the top healers

View PostPouncedd, on 12 June 2014 - 01:51 AM, said:

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper and have looked at the numbers comparatively for almost every class

View PostJontex, on 23 June 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#55 Snuggli

Snuggli
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Steamwheedle Cartel
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 1925
  • 3v3: 2209
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationUK

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:21 AM

View PostBoltz, on 16 January 2013 - 01:58 AM, said:

I wonder if it'll be viable for ferals to use the resto or moonkin gloves just to grab that glove bonus.  8 second instant clones are wayyy better than the feral bonus.
jk

Official Blizzard Quote:

Posted Image Druid (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
  • For PvP, we're considering just making the Cyclone duration buff the bonus for all druid specs. We'd likely just give Feral cheaper interrupts (their current glove bonus) baseline.

Edited by Snuggli, 16 January 2013 - 11:22 AM.

View PostBraindance, on 11 October 2013 - 12:44 PM, said:

Go listen to some Bieber shit and leave me alone fucko.

#56 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 1/2/0/2/2/2/.
  • 2v2: 2246
  • 3v3: 2532

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:34 AM

View PostSnuggli, on 16 January 2013 - 11:21 AM, said:

jk

Official Blizzard Quote:

Posted Image Druid (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
  • For PvP, we're considering just making the Cyclone duration buff the bonus for all druid specs. We'd likely just give Feral cheaper interrupts (their current glove bonus) baseline.

They really need to make resto cyclone a different spell from balance/feral cyclone, then they can make all the changes to the dps' cyclone they want (8 seconds duration, dispelable) and leave the resto cyclone that Druids more often then not have to cast as part of their healing to keep up with mongaloid cleave damage exactly as it is currently

View Postaffix, on 15 January 2013 - 10:02 PM, said:

I was referring to your 'perfect patch' comment, unless you think a perfect patch can be one that ends the viability of one or more classes.
You forget that comps where you win with long cc chains are enjoyed by the minority, while cleave comps where you only cc occasionally as soon as the ability comes off cooldown without really thinking are enjoyed by the majority, so a patch that rapes the most cc dependent comps will be seen by most as a perfect patch

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 16 January 2013 - 11:42 AM.

View PostPouncedd, on 12 June 2014 - 01:51 AM, said:

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper and have looked at the numbers comparatively for almost every class

View PostJontex, on 23 June 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#57 dionim

dionim
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 883

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:02 PM

blizz forgot 1 thing, to make casters actually cast =)

#58 zaeya

zaeya
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline 1/0/1/1/2/1

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:14 PM

View PostSnuggli, on 15 January 2013 - 07:21 AM, said:

That Cyclone change was pretty much required with the DR that's going to be slapped on it. Why would you ever use a 6s Cyclone when it'd DR your partners 8s CC?

I'm not sure a 'slight increase' in healing will be enough to keep us competitive though.

If I know Blizzard, and I feel like I do, "slight" is synonymous with "outrageous." Just when I was ready to dump my druid...

Zilea said:

Don't they revolve around all of the other classes?

Edited by zaeya, 16 January 2013 - 08:16 PM.

#59 sodahz

sodahz
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Discipline 1/2/1/1/1/.
  • RBG: 3020

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:19 PM

Cyclone was fine as it was...

#60 Seu

Seu
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

View Postsodahz, on 16 January 2013 - 08:19 PM, said:

Cyclone was fine as it was...

yeah, with how pvp is right now its pretty strange to see so much of the discourse from the devs side centered around balancing cyclone :confused:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<