• 2v2: 2174
  • 3v3: 2920
  • 5v5: 960
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationOntario! TDOT

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:42 AM

Let me know what you guys think:

http://us.battle.net...ic/7592912165#1

"Hello everyone, this evening I would like to share my ideas as to making retribution more viable in arena / RBG. Currently, it is a disadvantage to be taking a Ret into RBGs over any other class, simply put. Even if the said player has perfect play, there will only yield benefit by subbing the Ret out with any other class/spec.

I need not go into detail about how Rets are in contrast to other melee in arena, their representation is awful due to how much more powerful the other classes are. Currently in PvE they are also the bottom feeders of Melee, and that's sad considering Melee are almost always under casters.

This post is not about how bad Ret is, but how to make subtle changes to increase representation.

The first change is adding a "Stun Removal" to unbreakable spirit. As of now every Ret in the universe stepping foot into any sort of PvP will be taking clemency. With the 5.1 10% reduction to hand of purity, it will surely see some light against DoT teams however the other 80% of the time Clemency will be a dominant talent.

If freedom were to remove stuns like it did in WotLK, It would not only make the talent more popular versus certain comps but it would also allow Rets defenses to be buffed passively via how the talent currently works. Many classes much much stronger than Rets have the ability to get our of stuns (I'm starring at you, Hunters!) so I believe this to be a great idea.

The second change would be to buff PvP power to our heals. I'm aware that in 5.1, 25% of PvP power will affect heals. That is a barely noticeable change, however it's a start. Currently it is more suitable to spend holy power on a Templar's Verdict rather than a WoG, even with the glyph. Even popping Holy Avenger and switching to Seal of Insight, the current healing WoG does is simply not enough in Arena. What would be bad is buffing the direct healing to a point that Rets can keep their team alive forever, nobody wants that. Perhaps a way to solve this is allowing WoG to do a tremendous amount of healing but on a cooldown.

This is the current ret 4 set:
Gain a charge of holy power when taking Direct Damage every 8 seconds.

This, is garbage and could be replaced with something like:
Word of Glory heals for 100% more and always is guaranteed a crit once every 15 seconds

I think also making Divine Purpose baseline would improve things aswell as making Rets more competitive in PvE also however I see no way of doing that without having to rebalance the other specs"

#2 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 2273
  • 3v3: 2634
  • 5v5: 2359
  • RBG: 2126

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:19 AM

I like it. I think wrath ret was the most fun, but s11 was also good. I would prefer a mix between those 2. With how OP shadow is, and will continue to be, there needs to be some way to not fall over instantly against the upcoming fotm RPS.

#3 majorblood

majorblood
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/1/2/2/1
  • RBG: 2202

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:35 AM

These changes are nowhere near subtle, and a LoH style heal every 15 seconds sounds retarded.

#4 Rhetorical1

Rhetorical1
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Survival 2/2/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1403
  • 3v3: 2131
  • 5v5: 1056

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:41 AM

how about fist of justice baseline then the blind as a talent instead of fist, also fix sacred shield so it applies instantly.

#5 Protectah

Protectah
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Suramar
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Holy 0/1/2/2/2/0
  • RBG: 192

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:33 AM

You cant change Ret this much. Ret is close to a balanced class. Ret was balanced at the start of MoP before the PvPpower and battle fatigue healing nerfs combined to obliterate our healing.

The already proposed 5.2 changes to other classes *should* drag us back into the game. The biggest Ret buff at the moment would be psyfiend being deleted from existence... granted, we can fear it...

Being able to get Burden of Guilt AND Fist of Justice would be a subtle change that would help drastically. Ret is a support class. If they gave us warrior damage we'd be overlords.

Edited by Protectah, 16 January 2013 - 08:40 AM.

#6 Jamiepaladin

Jamiepaladin
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/2/2/2/1
  • RBG: 2454

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:37 AM

if this goes in, rets will be even more retarded in 5.2 than what they already are...nice try but pls no

#7 Nightmonkey

Nightmonkey
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/0/0
  • RBG: 1999

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:42 PM

Ret could definitely use a CC breaker, but I'd rather it be something that breaks fear than a stun.

The biggest problem I have when I play my ret paladin is that the passive defense against melee and casters alike seems rather low, especially when compared with my warrior.

So in my opinion a buff to our passive defense as well as an ability to break one fear every minute or so would really go a long way.  In order to do this perhaps they could put something into a ret talent that would give us a flat 5, 10, or 15% reduction in damage taken as long as we use Seal of Justice or something that ret paladins wouldn't want in PvE.  Think of it like defensive stance for warriors, but not as good.

Alternatively they could just buff sacred shield scaling with attack power or something.

As far as breaking fears goes, maybe they could make hand of purity remove fear if it is self cast.  Would definitely make it competitive with clemency and make it a more interesting ability to use.  I would be interested to see how the majority of people would use it if it also removed fear from yourself when you cast it on yourself.  Maybe they would never give it to anyone else, maybe it would be too good not to give it to somebody else against a dot team.

Ret damage feels decent for PvP.  The burst cooldowns are really good, and if you go with divine purpose instead, things get serious if you proc some TV's back to back.  Outside of cooldowns though the damage is pretty low.  Honestly I would be okay with the current damage if rets were more durable or harder to CC forever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<