• Curse Sites
Help

The best WoW expansion ever!

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

Poll: WoW expansions (353 member(s) have cast votes)

PvP wise, the best WoW expansion is

1. The Burning Crusade (106 votes [30.03%])

Percentage of vote: 30.03%

2. Wrath of the Lich King (168 votes [47.59%])

Percentage of vote: 47.59%

3. Cataclysm (46 votes [13.03%])

Percentage of vote: 13.03%

4. Mists of Pandaria (33 votes [9.35%])

Percentage of vote: 9.35%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Hyrmine

Hyrmine
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 2/1/1/1/1/0

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:18 PM

Arena was at its peak during S7-S8. Before S8 when LSDs started appearing and after the African Turtle Cleave nerf in S7. That time was gold.

#42 macc

macc
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Eredar
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Combat 0/2/2/1/0/.

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:19 PM

tbc>wotlk >cata>mop

#43 Ctuhlu

Ctuhlu
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:11 PM

View PostSynkz, on 14 January 2013 - 05:05 AM, said:

in tbc and wotlk, server communities were still a thing and that made them the most fun expansions for me

This is very true. I still remember my original server, back when it meant something and you couldn't hop around servers whenever you felt like it. Thunderlord still holds a special place in my heart (and fuck those Laughing Skull bitches). While server transfers made Blizzard a shit ton of money and was clearly a smart decision on their part -- it did kind of ruin certain aspects of the game. Server communities are essentially non-existant now it takes away the MMO feeling that you used to get from MMOs.

Fourreur said:

we have to switch to them making the decision to pop reck or not to pop reck

#44 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:21 PM

tbc>cata>wotlk>mop.

(subjective to comps me and my friends could play)

Edited by Djandawg, 14 January 2013 - 04:22 PM.

#45 Flöt

Flöt
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents:

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:18 PM

The later half of WotLK was the most enjoyable for me I'd say. I enjoyed both pve and pvp at that time.

Edited by Flöt, 14 January 2013 - 05:20 PM.

#46 Nitric

Nitric
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/1/2/1/1
  • RBG: 2436

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:42 PM

Voted TBC just because there wasn't scumbag shit like DDOSing. Yes, there were problems with balance, but every season had that. I also probably just enjoyed the game a lot more back then.

#47 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 1/2/0/2/2/2/.
  • 2v2: 2246
  • 3v3: 2532

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:00 PM

View PostJinngofagswag, on 14 January 2013 - 02:37 PM, said:

The reason why i choose MOP is because as the OP said, its my first competive season and maybe the season i will get my first gladiator title if everything goes well. I never really focused on PvP other then this season and for a few month last season untill i quitted.

Double healer dk counts as competitive pvp? xd

View PostPouncedd, on 12 June 2014 - 01:51 AM, said:

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper and have looked at the numbers comparatively for almost every class

View PostJontex, on 23 June 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#48 amirdaheat

amirdaheat
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/2
  • RBG: 2269

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:57 AM

View PostSnuggli, on 14 January 2013 - 02:34 PM, said:

or maybe, with each passing expansion you've played the game nearly 2 years more. Thus thinking it's more dull and boring.

Incorrect, I still play TBC & Wotlk private servers, which I find to be more fun than our current expac. I just felt it went in the wrong (different) direction after TBC (TBC balance into s5 & dks just kinda ruined it for me, however it got better after 2 seasons).

Just feel the game could've been way better if they kept their design philosophy of their golden age expansion, TBC. However thats just me though
Posted Image

#49 amirdaheat

amirdaheat
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/2
  • RBG: 2269

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:59 AM

oh and lets not forget fucking moonwalking and wall climbing OMG WHY DID U REMOVE THAT FUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Posted Image

#50 Synkz

Synkz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blood Furnace
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/0/0/2/.

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:27 AM

View Postamirdaheat, on 15 January 2013 - 12:59 AM, said:

oh and lets not forget fucking moonwalking and wall climbing OMG WHY DID U REMOVE THAT FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

yes this :D

#51 phishy

phishy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Laughing Skull
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:05 AM

i don't think i've ever had more fun playing this game than when i just spam qued 2's every single time i logged on during TBC. and when none of my friends were on for 2's i could do skirmishes. and when i didn't want to do that i could actually go to an enemy city and world pvp without spawning 15 guards ontop of me the moment i attacked someone. yea, TBC was the best expansion. wotlk was when everyone began to just sit around in cities

#52 Ktpearie

Ktpearie
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Holy 0/2/1/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1542
  • 3v3: 1044
  • Location"\_( シ)_/"

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:59 AM

bc because i was good back then. Looking at these results is kind of interesting. I never would have guessed WOTLK was more popular than BC. I think that in many ways that is because the community has moved on in some way. You are all younger, or rather, were playing seriously in wotlk, not BC. 3 years ago I could have asked any normal forum poster and this question would have been a joke. I am actually glad that it's changed, maybe the reality is that they're all pretty equal, it's just the player base is getting older. BUT what i'm getting from this is that the player base is rolling over too. Y'all are picking up the slack of the older players.

Edited by Ktpearie, 15 January 2013 - 04:02 AM.

"\_( シ)_/"

#53 Trevo

Trevo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/2
  • RBG: 1340

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:24 AM

I think I enjoyed WoTKL the most after all.
Kebabman's everything

#54 Xsv

Xsv
  • Junkies

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:44 AM

i'm still convinced dks ruined this game!

#55 zzyzzyzz

zzyzzyzz
  • Junkies

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:45 AM

i think from a hardcore perspective wotlk was in some ways "the best" because transfering was more common and "the best players" could get together

as someone whos hardcore gamed in every game ive ever done and done way above avg, i found that when i lack skill and lack of overall awareness that i have more fun

for example a game to me is fun when you and everyone else have not mastered it. you dont know EXACTLY what the best strat in an rls vs rmp because its its the very first time these two things ever existed, or any other specs and comps are so new that there isnt a widespread understanding which allows for more random and interesting outcomes. yes this is bad for hardcore "the best should win" ideals but there is something about that nieve play that is far more satisfying then anything else. also the ability to play a bad comp but succeed is missed

Edited by zzyzzyzz, 15 January 2013 - 05:52 AM.

#56 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:36 AM

I voted WotLK even though I enjoyed TBC myself more.

TBC was great, but I could never go back to TBC after playing WotLK. There were too many issues with the game that we didn't realize at the time because it was new. Whereas WotLK is still fun and is actively played on AT till this day.
Default UI Scripts - Compilation & how-to

#57 Nycto

Nycto
  • Junkies

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:12 PM

View PostOhhiimMvp, on 14 January 2013 - 03:16 PM, said:

This is why you take breaks. I always take breaks and come back to find the game more interesting.
Yeah i do the same, i wont play a game i don't find fun.

#58 Hyrmine

Hyrmine
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 2/1/1/1/1/0

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:13 AM

View PostThaya, on 15 January 2013 - 09:36 AM, said:

I voted WotLK even though I enjoyed TBC myself more.

TBC was great, but I could never go back to TBC after playing WotLK. There were too many issues with the game that we didn't realize at the time because it was new. Whereas WotLK is still fun and is actively played on AT till this day.
WotLK still had a great community. Even though people were transferring around to PvP hubs there were a lot of smaller realms as well with a good community. It was Cataclysm when most realms died out and got boring and everyone transferred to either SS or OL making it impossible to find partners if you were on a realm that wasn't full.

#59 Macleodlol

Macleodlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Gorefiend
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Unholy 2/0/0/0/0/.

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:30 AM

People may tell me to get out of here because at the time of Vanilla i was what oh 7-9ish maybe 7 and 8 but i still played and raided and had fun. something you cant say about the game now. i remember 24 hour AV's heck multiple day Alterac Valley's because of the turtling.. and back then it was ur own server that ur playing against. everyone knew everyone. if you were a force to be reckoned with people knew it. and the game was a lot more competitive. Honestly all these expansions were meh. but TBC was the best. Vanilla will always be the best part of the game though.

#60 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:52 AM

View PostHyrmine, on 16 January 2013 - 03:13 AM, said:

WotLK still had a great community. Even though people were transferring around to PvP hubs there were a lot of smaller realms as well with a good community. It was Cataclysm when most realms died out and got boring and everyone transferred to either SS or OL making it impossible to find partners if you were on a realm that wasn't full.
Big yes - great no.

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<