Omglockzorx
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Marksmanship
  • RBG: 2284

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:39 PM

It's no secret i'm no big fan of questing and leveling. So i thought i'd level my hunter through battlegrounds and just buy the gear while leveling and then i'd have a decent amount of gear by the time i reached level 90. But apparantly you can't buy the honor gear till you are level 90. So i my question is, why do they give you the opportunity to level through bg's, when you can't spend the honor? Seems kinda stupid to me.

#2 Regent

Regent

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:13 PM

The experience becomes so terribly awful at higher levels it isn't even funny. You have to win like 25 bgs in a row to get one level.

#3 Omglockzorx

Omglockzorx
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:23 PM

I leveled my Hunter (i'ts lvl 88 atm) with Strand till i reached honor cap, and it was pretty decent experience because we won quiet fast. But wether it's fast or slow i not really my point with this post... Shouldn't you be able to spend your honor while leveling? Else it seems kinda pointless to be you get xp in there.

Edited by Omglockzorx, 13 January 2013 - 09:24 PM.

#4 Draakex

Draakex
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Holy 1/2/1/0/1/0
  • RBG: 1149
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:26 PM

blizzard prob just wants to give players an alternative for all those who don't like leveling through pve-content at all
as it takes so much more time to level through BGs than through questing/instances, i rarely do BGs while leveling, at the most to cap my honor-pts till i reach level 90

Edited by Draakex, 13 January 2013 - 10:27 PM.

Posted Image

#5 fadingaway

fadingaway
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Arms 2/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2278

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:55 PM

Take the honor you have and purchase Justice points with them, and just continue to level through BG's.  Yes you do lose some on transfer, but when you can turn the Justice Points back into honor with the 375:250 conversion rate. It's better than just continuing to do BG's while you're capped.

#6 Pawzz

Pawzz
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery
  • LocationAustria

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:21 PM

Should be able to spend honor on exp boosts.

#7 Omglockzorx

Omglockzorx
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:21 PM

View Postfadingaway, on 13 January 2013 - 10:55 PM, said:

Take the honor you have and purchase Justice points with them, and just continue to level through BG's.  Yes you do lose some on transfer, but when you can turn the Justice Points back into honor with the 375:250 conversion rate. It's better than just continuing to do BG's while you're capped.
That is actually a brilliant idea, i'll do that with my other chars, but my hunter is already justice cap :D - Thanks for reply though ^^

#8 wodeta

wodeta

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:25 PM

I dont know about leveling on BGs, my bot seems to enjoy tho.

Hope that helped.
Posted Image

#9 Omglockzorx

Omglockzorx
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:04 PM

View Postwodeta, on 14 January 2013 - 01:25 PM, said:

I dont know about leveling on BGs, my bot seems to enjoy tho.

Hope that helped.
If you use a bot, then fuck you.

#10 Vioz

Vioz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kargath
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Frost 0/1/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2215

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:37 PM

View PostOmglockzorx, on 14 January 2013 - 03:04 PM, said:

If you use a bot, then fuck you.

Why? Even with experience reductions and heirlooms the fact is that it simply takes to long to level from 1-90. Say a new patch comes out and I really want to play a new class. The time investment to create a new character 1-90 is going to take 30+ hours game time. (Excluding RAF) Then what? Gear! Time to start gearing that fresh level 90! Assuming you don't have any honor from leveling (ie not doing what this thread mentions) You will need 20500 honor to get in full blues! Who cares that your weapons are green and that you will still get one shot, you are still on the right path. At about ~350 a win you are looking at 58 wins. (Remember this is wins) An average game is what 10 mins, including the que? So there is another 10 hours of uninterrupted wins to get in blues. But wait! There is more! Tired of getting 1 shot? Now you can upgrade your gear for the cheap price of 1500 a piece! So lets tack on another 18000 honor! For a total of 38500. I know my math is not perfect, and there are other factors such a TB, the daily win etc. But these factors also are just for wins. All in all you can get geared in about 110 wins or about 20 hours of wins. This is ridiculous and is the reason why so many players bot.

As Paws mentioned earlier honor should be usable for exp boosts. I am all for this idea, but want to take it a step further. My main mage is honor capped 90% of the time. I usually burn the honor on BOAs I already have, because why not? I would like to instead buy a BOA honor boost. Say 1000 honor for a 2x increase in honor gain for 1-2 hours. Blizzard can sort out the specifics, but I would like to be able to gain more honor on my alts as a result of my main.

TL;DR Make leveling/grinding easier and there will be less bots.

#11 Snuggli

Snuggli
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Steamwheedle Cartel
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 959
  • 3v3: 2168
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationUK

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:59 PM

View PostVioz, on 14 January 2013 - 03:37 PM, said:

No cause Blizzard know what their players want and everyone loves grinding 50 hours in a character just to reroll and be somewhat competitively geared.

gosh people are stupid these days... relating botting to player enjoyment LOL.

View PostBraindance, on 11 October 2013 - 12:44 PM, said:

Go listen to some Bieber shit and leave me alone fucko.

#12 Omglockzorx

Omglockzorx
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:08 PM

View PostVioz, on 14 January 2013 - 03:37 PM, said:

Why? Even with experience reductions and heirlooms the fact is that it simply takes to long to level from 1-90. Say a new patch comes out and I really want to play a new class. The time investment to create a new character 1-90 is going to take 30+ hours game time. (Excluding RAF) Then what? Gear! Time to start gearing that fresh level 90! Assuming you don't have any honor from leveling (ie not doing what this thread mentions) You will need 20500 honor to get in full blues! Who cares that your weapons are green and that you will still get one shot, you are still on the right path. At about ~350 a win you are looking at 58 wins. (Remember this is wins) An average game is what 10 mins, including the que? So there is another 10 hours of uninterrupted wins to get in blues. But wait! There is more! Tired of getting 1 shot? Now you can upgrade your gear for the cheap price of 1500 a piece! So lets tack on another 18000 honor! For a total of 38500. I know my math is not perfect, and there are other factors such a TB, the daily win etc. But these factors also are just for wins. All in all you can get geared in about 110 wins or about 20 hours of wins. This is ridiculous and is the reason why so many players bot.

As Paws mentioned earlier honor should be usable for exp boosts. I am all for this idea, but want to take it a step further. My main mage is honor capped 90% of the time. I usually burn the honor on BOAs I already have, because why not? I would like to instead buy a BOA honor boost. Say 1000 honor for a 2x increase in honor gain for 1-2 hours. Blizzard can sort out the specifics, but I would like to be able to gain more honor on my alts as a result of my main.

I don't mind leveling bots, but losing a battleground because 20% of your team consists of bots thats when it annoys me.
But the point of this post really isn't to discuss botting :D

#13 Vioz

Vioz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kargath
  • Vindication

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

View PostOmglockzorx, on 14 January 2013 - 05:08 PM, said:

I don't mind leveling bots, but losing a battleground because 20% of your team consists of bots thats when it annoys me.

The majority of people who level through bgs are botting. That is why it is relevant.

#14 Omglockzorx

Omglockzorx
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:31 PM

View PostVioz, on 14 January 2013 - 07:27 PM, said:

The majority of people who level through bgs are botting. That is why it is relevant.
Tbh it's not relevant, the topic is howcome blizzard rewards you with experience in battlegrounds, when it becomes pointless to do them as soon as you reach the honor cap.

#15 Vioz

Vioz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kargath
  • Vindication

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:09 PM

View PostOmglockzorx, on 14 January 2013 - 07:31 PM, said:

Tbh it's not relevant, the topic is howcome blizzard rewards you with experience in battlegrounds, when it becomes pointless to do them as soon as you reach the honor cap.

As posted in this thread you are allowed to spend your honor. You can buy old arena sets, boas, convert to justice, and mounts. There are incentives you just want to spend it on level 90 gear.

#16 Moshe

Moshe
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Vashj
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/0/1/1
  • 2v2: 1707
  • 3v3: 2354
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationFinland

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:58 PM

IMHO if you have to resort to botting in WoW, then you are playing the wrong game and ruining the experience for others at the same time.

Edited by Moshe, 14 January 2013 - 09:01 PM.

#17 wodeta

wodeta

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:04 PM

View PostOmglockzorx, on 14 January 2013 - 05:08 PM, said:

You really are that dumb? what i meant is that 50% of the bg gonna be bots, learn sarcasm.
Posted Image

#18 Godx

Godx
  • Xlordzapple
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Drak'Tharon
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/2/2/1/1/0

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:27 PM

I level all my characters through BG, I spend the first honor on BoAs, if I don't have them. Then I spend the honor on justice points. then after they both cap again, and if i'm not 60/70 I buy Warsong Battle Tabard which is like 2500 honor and amazing looking. and then once that is over, is when you start making gold, if you're passed 70, you buy Brutal Gladiator's Mutilator. 105 honor, 16g each. 640g each honor cap. and you can cap quite a few times between 70 and 90.

Edited by Godx, 14 January 2013 - 11:27 PM.

Http://twitch.tv/LordZapple
Http://youtube.com/LordZapple
The God You Once Believed In, Only Better And More Perfect, Godx.

#19 Hoodzx

Hoodzx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/2/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 1786
  • 3v3: 2299
  • 5v5: 2229
  • RBG: 2225
  • LocationFRANCE

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:09 PM

Why don't they put something like :

You have :
1 lvl 90 : 2x more experience on your alts
2 lvl 90 : 3x more experience on your alts
3 lvl 90 : 4x more experience on your alts
(of course the numbers i just gave might be really high, like 11x more experience on your alts for the last one would probably be a bit too high :duckers:)

Or :

The more high levels you have the more the +%exp of your heirlooms is high.

Edited by Hoodzx, 20 January 2013 - 12:09 PM.

#20 Varux

Varux
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Elemental 2/1/2/0/0/2
  • RBG: 1657

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:22 AM

View PostPawzz, on 13 January 2013 - 11:21 PM, said:

Should be able to spend honor on exp boosts.

I actually like this idea
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<