• Curse Sites
Help

WW Monk - PVP Discussion (Open Thread For All)

End of 5.1 - 5.2 & Beyond

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 CosmicFox

CosmicFox
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Aerie Peak
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/1/2/2/1
  • RBG: 1584

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:59 AM

Making a thread for WW monks and other players to discuss the class in its entirety.

Seems like all are excited for the changes being proposed in Patch 5.2, a lot to discuss there.

How are you WW monks finding this season so far ?

I started this new account well into the season already, it's 2 months old so I'm undergeared relative to the other players in my MMR, but it is not holding back my progress that much. Finding that ww monks are a very micro intensive class that rewards a players skill and ability to to control the movement paths of an enemy team into close proximity to land our CC on two players.

*I didn't like that the only other thread I found in this section was more of an advertisement for someones youtube channel and I would like to have an clean non advertisement based thread for all to take part in.

#2 BasedCook

BasedCook
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Brewmaster 2/0/0/2/0/1

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:37 AM

Mastery change is too mad. inb4 mages of s10 or whatever season it was where mages stacked mastery

#3 Bozzy

Bozzy
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/2/2/2/1
  • RBG: 1946
  • LocationThe Kitchen

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:29 AM

really interested too see this class become competitive however do not want it to turn into dk's s9
Oh you're going ham? allow me too bear form.

#4 CosmicFox

CosmicFox
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Aerie Peak
  • Nightfall

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:49 AM

View PostBozzy, on 13 January 2013 - 05:29 AM, said:

really interested too see this class become competitive however do not want it to turn into dk's s9

With our CC set sharing so many DRs I don't see that being an issue. Even with ROP being introduced it's a double edged sword, it will give you the advantage to drop a player at the risk of allowing the other team to barrel down your healer with little recourse due to the lack of leg sweep.

For me the biggest & most important change is deadly reach being baseline now, having to chase down a healer to paralyze only for it to break instantly was infuriating.

#5 BasedCook

BasedCook
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Brewmaster 2/0/0/2/0/1

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:41 AM

it dose not dr with fear so play something with shadowpriesT??1/45314123124567u5432345678765432 durr u win. monks strong as fuck its just warriors ferals are alot stronger

#6 warbuxx

warbuxx
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/0/0
  • RBG: 2248
  • LocationGuelph, Ontario

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:21 AM

View PostBozzy, on 13 January 2013 - 05:29 AM, said:

indeeed

#7 CosmicFox

CosmicFox
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Aerie Peak
  • Nightfall

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:16 AM

The one issue that they have stated no fix for, or it may be that they don't consider it an issue at all is  leg sweeps cast animation eating up a second if not a little more its effective CC time.

5 second stun turned into 3.5-4 second time use because I'm spinning 3 times.

• Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Unholy 2/0/2/0/0/2
  • RBG: 1866

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:05 AM

ww Monks have insane synergy with Priests, with Shadow probably being top end caster and WW being a good if not great melee in 5.2, expect to see a lot of ww/shadow/healer comps.

The reason why I think Monks will not really become OP is because they're not giving them a lot more survivability, which is what they lack the most right now. They will still get steamrolled by KFCs and Kittycleaves, but then again, who doesn't.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<