WW Monk - PVP Discussion (Open Thread For All)

End of 5.1 - 5.2 & Beyond

Creating and replying to topics is restricted until you link a Battle.net account with a valid World of Warcraft character.
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 CosmicFox

CosmicFox
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Aerie Peak
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/1/2/2/1
  • RBG: 1584

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:59 AM

Making a thread for WW monks and other players to discuss the class in its entirety.

Seems like all are excited for the changes being proposed in Patch 5.2, a lot to discuss there.

How are you WW monks finding this season so far ?

I started this new account well into the season already, it's 2 months old so I'm undergeared relative to the other players in my MMR, but it is not holding back my progress that much. Finding that ww monks are a very micro intensive class that rewards a players skill and ability to to control the movement paths of an enemy team into close proximity to land our CC on two players.

*I didn't like that the only other thread I found in this section was more of an advertisement for someones youtube channel and I would like to have an clean non advertisement based thread for all to take part in.

#2 BasedCook

BasedCook
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Brewmaster 2/0/0/2/0/1

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:37 AM

Mastery change is too mad. inb4 mages of s10 or whatever season it was where mages stacked mastery

#3 Bozzy

Bozzy
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/2/2/2/1
  • RBG: 1946
  • LocationThe Kitchen

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:29 AM

really interested too see this class become competitive however do not want it to turn into dk's s9
Oh you're going ham? allow me too bear form.

#4 CosmicFox

CosmicFox
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Aerie Peak
  • Nightfall

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:49 AM

View PostBozzy, on 13 January 2013 - 05:29 AM, said:

really interested too see this class become competitive however do not want it to turn into dk's s9

With our CC set sharing so many DRs I don't see that being an issue. Even with ROP being introduced it's a double edged sword, it will give you the advantage to drop a player at the risk of allowing the other team to barrel down your healer with little recourse due to the lack of leg sweep.

For me the biggest & most important change is deadly reach being baseline now, having to chase down a healer to paralyze only for it to break instantly was infuriating.

#5 BasedCook

BasedCook
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Brewmaster 2/0/0/2/0/1

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:41 AM

it dose not dr with fear so play something with shadowpriesT??1/45314123124567u5432345678765432 durr u win. monks strong as fuck its just warriors ferals are alot stronger

#6 warbuxx

warbuxx
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/0/0
  • RBG: 2248
  • LocationGuelph, Ontario

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:21 AM

View PostBozzy, on 13 January 2013 - 05:29 AM, said:

indeeed

#7 CosmicFox

CosmicFox
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Aerie Peak
  • Nightfall

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:16 AM

The one issue that they have stated no fix for, or it may be that they don't consider it an issue at all is  leg sweeps cast animation eating up a second if not a little more its effective CC time.

5 second stun turned into 3.5-4 second time use because I'm spinning 3 times.

• Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Unholy 2/0/2/0/0/2
  • RBG: 1866

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:05 AM

ww Monks have insane synergy with Priests, with Shadow probably being top end caster and WW being a good if not great melee in 5.2, expect to see a lot of ww/shadow/healer comps.

The reason why I think Monks will not really become OP is because they're not giving them a lot more survivability, which is what they lack the most right now. They will still get steamrolled by KFCs and Kittycleaves, but then again, who doesn't.
Posted Image

Creating and replying to topics is restricted until you link a Battle.net account with a valid World of Warcraft character.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<