• Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Balance 1/2/2/0/2/2
  • RBG: 2207

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:52 AM

View PostSynkz, on 13 January 2013 - 12:46 AM, said:

I quit playing because of the amount of unavoidable instant CC making the game less fun than it used to be, as well as starting late and being unable to catch up on gear.

I don't think that title distribution is the main reason why people are quitting.
just 1 idea, obv your contribution is another reason and my guess may be wrong
chances r if u quit for some reason others are thinking the same

#22 ROKMODE

ROKMODE

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:17 AM

View Postthrudgel, on 12 January 2013 - 10:03 PM, said:

So due to rbg cap for gear anyone feel like arena participation is way down? How much less participation?

Fact is around 50% less from last season. Count up the teams in each bg. Either everyone moved to 9 for que's or rbg is replacing arena pvp

You may feel like there are a lot of people playing, but it's only small group of hardcore players on all their different alts.

Maybe it's time for duelists to get gladiator too, because it's creating too many angry nerds who end up rage quitting anyway. Either they quit after getting glad or they get duelist and quit because they didnt get glad...
With half the glad spots this season there's going to be even more sad nerds who spent every week slaving those rbg's just to compete for duelist and i'm rofling hard already at the future of arena elitism
this post gave me cancer
Expect bias in posts because
Wotlk is the best thing since sliced bread

#23 Hyrmine

Hyrmine
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 2/1/1/1/1/0

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:18 AM

people play rbg instead of arena cause it's way more fun

#24 Diasleramo

Diasleramo
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 576
  • 3v3: 2716
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 1340

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:20 AM

View PostHyrmine, on 13 January 2013 - 03:18 AM, said:

people play rbg instead of arena cause it's way more fun
People play rbg's because it's easy t2.

#25 Aldrainíl

Aldrainíl
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Fire 1/1/2/2/1/2
  • RBG: 1901

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:27 AM

View PostDiasleramo, on 13 January 2013 - 03:20 AM, said:

People play rbg's because it's easy t2.

getem kfc

• Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:33 AM

There are roughly as many people playing WoW today as there were in BC but something like 15% as many people arenaing. There are dozens of reasons for that, but it's worse than ever now. I think a lot of pvpers came back for MoP with the promises blizzard was making about pvp, but spent the first few weeks ( and still, though to a less extent) being globaled by dumb shit like stampede, cooldown stacking warriors/ferals, absurd amounts of instant/spammable cc, and shadowpriests, and they all said fuck it I'm done. Not to mention gear upgrades completely killing alts. Instead of having 2-4 max level characters that I cap and play every week I have one because what the hell's the point of leveling anything right now?

Every season and every expansion blizzard says things will be better, but there is always something that ruins it, things that seem obvious to every rational person on this site. it took 11 seasons for them to make pvp gear actually better than pve gear, over a month for them to realize stampede was bugged, cooldown stacking is insane right now, and EVERYONE see's how utterly ridiculous rogues and monks with will be in 5.2, but the people who make this game are fucking retarded, and people are sick of it.

Every patch and every expansion new changes are made that any rational person can see will be utterly broken, whether that's DK's in WOTLK beta, smokebomb, blood fear, whatever, and the entire community can see how terrible it is, yet it never fails to make it live. For the last 5 years there have always been people who give blizzard the benefit of the doubt, and there always will be, but anyone who has been playing for very long has seen it over and over again. For everything that gets fixed in one patch they will break other things. This season has been utterly trash, and the next season looks terrible before it has even begun.

tldr
People are sick of how shit arena is and how terrible the developers are.

Edited by Radejjj, 13 January 2013 - 03:39 AM.

#27 Ayrasaurus

Ayrasaurus
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2379
  • LocationYorkshire mates

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:19 AM

Atleast people are watching lots of WoW Streams full of arena content.

Posted Image

Posted Image

emotional

Posted Image

Thaya Ayra Omegatfwnogfboys2k15

#28 djp771133

djp771133
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1524

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:24 AM

you can get 2.2 with bad gear it's just way harder now, then before and needs to be fixed.  And to do it you def need geared partners, and an op comp etc.  Kind of ridiculous and I am interested in what their new system they have been talking about it.

Edited by djp771133, 13 January 2013 - 04:29 AM.

#29 Keiret

Keiret
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:20 AM

If they don't do something to fix RBGs soon we might as well rename this site to RBG Junkies.

#30 phishy

phishy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Laughing Skull
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:00 AM

world pvp is dead
skirmishes are gone
BGs are played by "buddies"
2's is dead
3's is underplayed
5's is nonexistent

"PC World calls Mists of Pandaria the best expansion yet!"

#31 Braindeadly

Braindeadly
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Survival

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:00 AM

league of legends is great but has an odd community of 12 year olds raging, i cap then play that now - it's easy to get into and it's probly the first game that has clicked with me since WoW vanilla and arena. People here should consider playing that, i didn't like it at first though then went back to it again

biggest thing that has pissed me off with this expansion is the item upgrades, can't have alts geared through arena thanks to being behind by 30 item levels.. 5.2 notes look promising however first season of expansions always suck for one reason or another

Edited by Braindeadly, 13 January 2013 - 08:01 AM.

#32 Jacquelol

Jacquelol
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1053
  • 3v3: 192
  • LocationNORSWE

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:48 AM

Gear upgrade is a huge turn off for pve'rs or casuals

Edited by Jacquelol, 13 January 2013 - 08:48 AM.

Jacquel "The Druid" is currently not playing wow.

Shout out too Lunor for being the most amazing friend one can have.

Shout out too Hyuru the most amazing, friendly and nice person ive met on AJ
Shout out too Ardnut the second most amazing and friendly person ive met on AJ
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#33 alleaya

alleaya
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Hellscream
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Discipline 1/2/1/0/2/2
  • RBG: 2053

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:41 AM

Even none upgraded malo gear to the dreadfull gear is too big of a difference, think my priest ahs like 380k hp in full malo (none upgraded) and my alt in full dreadfull 330k.

50k hp difference and thats not to mention the 20% difference in pvp power 6% in ressie and 4500 in spell power. This is the problem, my guess is 70% of arena ques were alts and blizzard removed that and this is why it seems its really really low. If you que at prime time u face maybe what? 2 different teams above 2200? and if ones a counter GG

#34 Polizei

Polizei
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:01 PM

Expect the glad spots to drop even futher next season since a lot of people (myself included) tried the expansion, tried the arenas and decided it would still be shit even if they fixed the biggest balance issues. Currently Im probably in some team so it will count towards glad cap, but next season nope.

I was hoping of rolling a new healerclass but when it came obvious that even my 3 week-late start on my paladin caused me to be at a disadvantage..
<poliisi mies kerho>

#35 ScHniPPaH

ScHniPPaH
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Eredar
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1610
  • 3v3: 1678
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

they sadly just dont care. no esport team, no competition. all promises are just made to keep us satisfied (hall of fame anyone?) and look at the blues... shadows kinda under the radar. LOL yeah sure.

every first xpac season is shit but this time its different. played disc all the way trough first cata season, still able to get 2.2 in 3s (then mates stopped playing wow t.t) and some achievs in 2s. was shit sure, but nothing compared to mop pvp. playing at realm again and since i get used to the wow version it really makes fun again. sure some things are retarded too, but i can live with that because i dont pay anything. at least dont pay anything yet, if i really stick to it, i will pay for it.

#36 Pradafiend

Pradafiend
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1904

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:31 PM

View Postphishy, on 13 January 2013 - 07:00 AM, said:

world pvp is dead
skirmishes are gone
BGs are played by "buddies"
2's is dead
3's is underplayed
5's is nonexistent

"PC World calls Mists of Pandaria the best expansion yet!"

love buddies

#37 Tpokez

Tpokez
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Ysera
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:37 PM

Biggest thing that made me quit Arena was just because of how bland it is. Its so uncompetitive right now, theres really no fun, and for good reason.

The game is split into 2 games, PvP or PvE. Its hard for Blizzard to pursue both, and obviously (through the years you could tell) they chose to create a PvE casual game instead of pursueing a competitive e-sport or something similar to that with arena.

With them going months on end without fixing simple bugs like Spirit link vs smoke bomb was apparently a bug that lasted all of cata?  Why would anyone wanna continue to play a game where it takes them literally months, up to years to fix things like that?

If you were anything like me, I played arena since late burning crusade. Now, I played arena up until the end of s10 competitively. But after so long, you start to get depressed on howmuch Blizzard really cares about Arena. You start to ask yourself "why even bother?".  But really, why even bother with Arena anymore? You get annoyed, frustrated that X class is broken and how it'll take Y amount of time before Blizzard even looks into it, let alone fix or balance it.

So for me, I gave up after a while. When a new game came out (league of legends for me), that showed they were serious about being a competitive game, I decided to jump on that band wagon. At least they fix imbalances within a few weeks (normally), and they actually care about the competition of the game.

TL:DR- Participation will decline as more and more people realize that Blizzard simply doesnt care enough about Arena itself to keep it an ongoing thing, and like most things after 10 years of playing, it gets old.

tedpedkedzed - OUT
LoL In-Game names: Tplol/Tpokez (both NA)

#38 boomroasted

boomroasted
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Skullcrusher
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/2/0
  • RBG: 2209

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

join me in the 1400 bracket bros.  plenty of queues.

#39 Hyrmine

Hyrmine
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 2/1/1/1/1/0

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:43 PM

Arena is no fun, that's why participation is decreasing. By closing 5v5 you would force players to play 3v3 which increases participation in 3v3 but why should you force players to do anything?
If arena was so good you wouldn't have to force anyone but it's boring and that's why people quit. By forcing 5v5 players into 3v3 you would barely decrease queue times at all since 5v5 doesn't have that many players after all and who says they won't just quit since finding a 3v3 team is too annoying?
Arena sucks, that is why less players play, no other reason. No balance bullshit, no RBG crap. The real reason is simply that people are tired of arena, WoW isn't exactly new. Maybe you should try a new game for a while.

#40 Deeklol

Deeklol
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:58 PM

View Postboomroasted, on 13 January 2013 - 06:43 PM, said:

join me in the 1400 bracket bros.  plenty of queues.

i do this in 2s every tuesday. Spam leave que till you drop to 1k mmr and enjoy those 10 sec wins and get conquest capped in less than 30 min
Hey, add me on LoL :)

IGN: Keklyz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<