• Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1344
  • LocationNorway

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:26 PM

View PostZong, on 02 February 2013 - 07:04 PM, said:

People are actually asking for old wotlk Tremor? Are your memory's all that hazy?

Old Tremor was so good, if you knew how to place it you were basically immune to fear all the time. Not to mention just casting it as priests run at you and having it instantly tick.

They fixed the instant tick, first tick is 3 seconds after you place it. + they should change it to have a cooldown :)

#42 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:22 PM

View PostClaynz, on 02 February 2013 - 06:22 PM, said:

Let's make something clear, i disgust the new tremor system, if you read the shaman forum i would rather have the old tremor back because both the shaman and the priest/warlock had to use some effort in placing & killing it. Even tho it should have a short cooldown.
Sorry I don't follow you around shaman forums

When i read your first post you were not talking about disc priest in general but about priest in a whole. As i said in my post above disc obvious needed a buff, but it provokes me that you also express yourself in a way that s-priest also got problems with tremor totem.
Sure its broken but spriest having problems killing shamans or his teammates no.
You self provoke by confusing/ not reading posts carefully. Every single post of mine indicates the disc point of view. Take 10 seconds to go back to page 1, you'll see.

That you can no longer chase a shaman to fear him is about your and the shamans position, shamans still have ghost wolf to run and disc got 4 sec sprint on shield just like the last 11 seasons.
Wrong. Disc priest never had a 4 second sprint. What they had was a freedom on power word: shield that would not remove slows, just supress them for 4 seconds.

All in all, tremor is a horrible ability, it's too strong but totemic restoration breaks the game for one healing class.

Edited by Djandawg, 02 February 2013 - 08:23 PM.

#43 Seu

Seu
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:55 PM

you should stop responding to that clueless claynz guy

and yeah, I feel like tremor is a relic from a different game where all 4 healers were very different and brought very different utility to the table. shamans brought purge, shear, ground, bloodlust, windfury, earthshield and tremor. Part of the need for tremor was that shamans didnt have a defensive magic dispel.

disc used to bring fear, double defensive dispel, mass dispel, offensive pressure (damage), and manaburn. now disc brings fear and mass dispel, and since fear is totally negated as a disc priest against any shaman team, you bring mass dispel. I don't know how you expect to get any sympathy suggesting that you need 30 second tremor because blood fear is imbalanced as well, especially when talking to priests who have to sit every goddamn cc.

#44 Zilea

Zilea
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy 0/1/2/2/2/0
  • RBG: 192

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:00 PM

totemic restoration is actually a hilarious talent because it's one of those elements in the game that players universally agree is really broken, much like warrior mace-stun was in TBC or Prep Smoke Bomb in Cata; it was never addressed until one expansion later (when WotLK came out and when MoP came out), and I fear that this may happen with totemic restoration

The better question is: "why was this not fixed the first day it was realized it was broken?". If any reasonable PvPer was helping develop/balance this game, things like this would have been addressed 2 or 3 months ago

Edited by Zilea, 02 February 2013 - 09:03 PM.

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/2/2/1/2
  • RBG: 2573

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:48 PM

View PostZilea, on 02 February 2013 - 09:00 PM, said:

totemic restoration is actually a hilarious talent because it's one of those elements in the game that players universally agree is really broken, much like warrior mace-stun was in TBC or Prep Smoke Bomb in Cata; it was never addressed until one expansion later (when WotLK came out and when MoP came out), and I fear that this may happen with totemic restoration

The better question is: "why was this not fixed the first day it was realized it was broken?". If any reasonable PvPer was helping develop/balance this game, things like this would have been addressed 2 or 3 months ago

because they play shaman, and in tbc they played warrior and in cata they ran rogue. and in 5.2 they will multi class Rogue and warlock shaman

#46 Claynz

Claynz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1344
  • LocationNorway

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:08 PM

Even purge is broken, i play enhancement mainly and purge is my most used spell. They are nerfing the glyph next patch but it will still be the ability i will be spamming even when it dispels 1 buff.

#47 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:01 AM

That's nice, your adventures as enhancement are really relevant to totemic restoration.

Edited by Djandawg, 03 February 2013 - 12:01 AM.

#48 wtfbro

wtfbro
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Crushridge
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/.

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:39 AM

30 second tremor is stupid but 8 second grounding is retardedly op

Edited by wtfbro, 03 February 2013 - 12:40 AM.

#49 deprivelol

deprivelol

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:28 AM

View Postwtfbro, on 03 February 2013 - 12:39 AM, said:

8sec grounding is ... dumb :angry:

#50 Improve

Improve
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Elemental 2/1/2/0/0/2
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:28 AM

totemic restoration is fine

:shaman: :shaman: :shaman: :shaman: :shaman: :shaman: :shaman: :shaman: :shaman: :shaman: :shaman: :shaman: :shaman: :shaman: :shaman: :shaman: :shaman: :shaman: :shaman: :shaman: :shaman: :shaman: :shaman: :shaman: :shaman: :shaman: :shaman: :shaman: :shaman: :shaman: :shaman:

Posted Image

#51 Eltekk

Eltekk
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/0/2/1/2/1
  • RBG: 2134

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:03 PM

View Postwtfbro, on 03 February 2013 - 12:39 AM, said:

never actually noticed 8 sec grounding, thats insane

#52 Pootius_6592477

Pootius_6592477
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Shadow 1/0/0/1/0/2
  • RBG: 1525

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:17 PM

View PostHektiik, on 12 January 2013 - 06:55 PM, said:

Paladins now have as much CC as a hunter, they have two sacs, two freedoms, two bops, a bubble, a shield wall, a guardian immortality raid heal and the best burst/instant healing in the game.  
A paladin can come out of a fear and lay on hands teammates.  Shaman mastery is overtuned in pvp situations but atleast it requires you to cast a full spell after CC, not to mention using a global for a riptide if you need tidal waves and an unleash to really burst with the OP mastery if you want/can.  Not taking into consideration earthshield insta dispels.  In those two globals, you can be CC'd again.  And again.
If earth shield was 9 stacks, purges were all 1 per global, tremor gave 6-8 second fear immunity on a 1 minute cooldown.  Seems balanced.  Your paladin to shaman comparison though, far from realistic.

Actually couldn't disagree with you more.  Shamans have by far the best burst healing in the game.  Pretty much, hard counter shadow priests and warlocks, and can avoid CC far easier than a paladin can.  The reason paladins have such good defensive abilities is exactly because of the aforementioned susceptibility to being ccd.  30 second tremor basically says "ok don't even bother trying to fear him, because the chances of you landing a non dr'd fear on a shaman without trinket is next to none."

#53 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:06 AM

I dont know what they are waiting for.
More importantly I am almost positive that they will either make a really bad change soon or no change for months.
The bad change prediction: Grounding totem shares DR with tremor totem.

#54 Seu

Seu
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:41 AM

View PostDjandawg, on 04 February 2013 - 01:06 AM, said:

I dont know what they are waiting for.
More importantly I am almost positive that they will either make a really bad change soon or no change for months.
The bad change prediction: Grounding totem shares DR with tremor totem.

well if memory serves me right when 8 out of 10 teams in the top 10 3v3 BG9 had a resto shaman healer in season 9 they hotfixed SLT into the game so really who the fuck knows

#55 dionim

dionim
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Discipline 1/0/0/1/1/1
  • RBG: 768

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:59 AM

when im doing 3s as disc, i always remove fear from my bars when i see a enemy hpally

because sometimes i forget and go for a fear, 20seconds later my 2 partners are dead, the pally are on the other side of the arena casting denounce at me

when i first made priest, my wish was it to be a s12 pally, so i could participate more in kills and feel proud of wins with my skilled instant ccs that even if you trinket one, scrub i will use another one at you because im the best followed by another one and then i will say at the end of the game that im so fucking good at this game and me and my partners will laught until the queue pops again.

Edited by dionim, 06 February 2013 - 10:00 AM.

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/2/2/1/2
  • RBG: 2573

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:40 AM

View Postvomite, on 12 January 2013 - 03:04 PM, said:

Then can we get a fix to Psyfiend too? I dont like totemic restoration cause it makes the class even more retard friendly, but blood fear and psyfiend are just as retarded

spyfiend DRS with normal fear, and sometimes its actually good (i use it to place it on traps or to save md for something else) but tremor is so annoying when you know that your only cc is useless cus jk tremor every time, leaves sps quite bad vs shaman teams and well they got no burst either so the cc is needed.

And why would a shaman even get a macro to destroy your totem and gain on it? thats just so dumb, promoting cheesy gameplay and to cheat the game, tremor should be reworked and added to an 45sec cd atleast and unable to go lower no matter wtf shamans do... or it should be removed or CD with other totems like healing tide or something idk but right now its totaly unbalanced to have a shaman tremor everything and healing tide pre sheeps and jk never loosex

#57 deprivelol

deprivelol

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:43 AM

fix tremor n grounding

#58 stalebagel

stalebagel
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 192
  • 3v3: 2091

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:22 AM

Make tremor unaffected by totemic restoration but it lasts until killed. Increase cd on grounding or take it off totemic restoration.
game of thrones season 4

#59 ROKMODE

ROKMODE

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:51 AM

View PostZong, on 02 February 2013 - 07:04 PM, said:

People are actually asking for old wotlk Tremor? Are your memory's all that hazy?

Old Tremor was so good, if you knew how to place it you were basically immune to fear all the time. Not to mention just casting it as priests run at you and having it instantly tick.
This might just be because I'm bad (pun intended), but old tremor used to feel completely worthless vs very good locks like imbad. It felt like it was never really alive, and you would spend 90% of the game just putting it back up, only to have it die again and again. It was one of the most frustrating things I've had to experience in Wow.
Expect bias in posts because
Wotlk is the best thing since sliced bread

#60 Zaephyr

Zaephyr
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2416

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:48 AM

Posted Image