• Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Affliction
  • RBG: 2615
  • LocationUK

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:49 PM

View PostThaya, on 13 January 2013 - 01:31 PM, said:

Pretty sure my definition is correct except arguably the word "exploit" as it could be intentionally left like that, as it is with dx hooks.

I'm surprised that a dx hook lets you use lua though. Couldn't they just make warden scan for that in particular to block HB completely then?

They probably realise that without HB a significant number of people wouldnt even bother pvp'ing.

Edited by hertzuk, 13 January 2013 - 04:50 PM.

Posted Image

#22 Secksonlegs

Secksonlegs
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Unholy
  • RBG: 2113

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:35 PM

View PostThaya, on 13 January 2013 - 01:31 PM, said:

Pretty sure my definition is correct except arguably the word "exploit" as it could be intentionally left like that, as it is with dx hooks.

I'm surprised that a dx hook lets you use lua though. Couldn't they just make warden scan for that in particular to block HB completely then?

Just because there's a warden doesn't mean that it can detect everything. HB has a good anti-warden module to hide from warden and  monitor warden updates. Now obviously it's not guaranteed that it will work forever since warden can be stealthily updated like in the past, but most bans on HB users right now are because of reports and stuff, so in other words it's not that simple for them to detect HB.

As for the Tmorph they can probably easily detect it, it's just a matter of either not caring about it so far, or just flagging you for it (probably the first one).

#23 Hyrmine

Hyrmine
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 2/1/1/1/1/0

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:18 PM

I'm completely sure that if Blizzard really wanted they would detect every single HB user. Stop being so naive and stupid honestly.
Do you genuinely think that GMs are sitting there monitoring warden and every time it detects a bot they ban?
Do you really believe if they detected every single HB user they would ban all of them? Really?
Do you think that only because HB users didn't get a ban it means Blizzard cannot detect it? Maybe they are detecting everyone but didn't take any action? If I was Blizzard I wouldn't ban all HB users either, think of all the sub money.

People are just being so completely stupid and underestimate Blizzard so much. As long people who create the bots don't work at Blizzard and know exactly how warden works and what it is doing right now everything people say about this detect shit is completely trash. Back then there was an arch ban wave and it was so fucking easy to detect for Blizzard but they did not ban everyone back then, why?
By your logic they ban people they detect so why didn't all players get banned? Guess why, cause it was only to send a message to players, nope, not to botters. They just wanted normal players to believe they are doing something against bots, nothing else.

I'm pretty sure they are detecting most people who use HB or probably even tmorph but they don't ban over it and in a few months they might send a HB banwave to again make normal people praise Blizzard for taking actions against botting.
Blizzard mostly cares about reports. If you do something abnormal in WoW and it doesn't people they don't really care because nobody is going to quit because of it. That's why I think they aren't banning tmorph players often.

#24 Fleinflex

Fleinflex
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/0/2
  • RBG: 1707
  • LocationNorway

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:07 AM

There are such a massive amount of people using Tmorph now, I bet if they permabanned everyone who uses it I guess that would be about 25-35% of people playing WoW, and personally I dont think they would do that:D So I'm using it!

Edited by Fleinflex, 14 January 2013 - 12:07 AM.

Posted Image

#25 Renaissance_Man

Renaissance_Man
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Dragonmaw
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/2/0
  • RBG: 2211
  • LocationUS

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:28 AM

View PostHyrmine, on 13 January 2013 - 11:18 PM, said:

I'm completely sure that if Blizzard really wanted they would detect every single HB user. Stop being so naive and stupid honestly.
Do you genuinely think that GMs are sitting there monitoring warden and every time it detects a bot they ban?
Do you really believe if they detected every single HB user they would ban all of them? Really?
Do you think that only because HB users didn't get a ban it means Blizzard cannot detect it? Maybe they are detecting everyone but didn't take any action? If I was Blizzard I wouldn't ban all HB users either, think of all the sub money.

People are just being so completely stupid and underestimate Blizzard so much. As long people who create the bots don't work at Blizzard and know exactly how warden works and what it is doing right now everything people say about this detect shit is completely trash. Back then there was an arch ban wave and it was so fucking easy to detect for Blizzard but they did not ban everyone back then, why?
By your logic they ban people they detect so why didn't all players get banned? Guess why, cause it was only to send a message to players, nope, not to botters. They just wanted normal players to believe they are doing something against bots, nothing else.

I'm pretty sure they are detecting most people who use HB or probably even tmorph but they don't ban over it and in a few months they might send a HB banwave to again make normal people praise Blizzard for taking actions against botting.
Blizzard mostly cares about reports. If you do something abnormal in WoW and it doesn't people they don't really care because nobody is going to quit because of it. That's why I think they aren't banning tmorph players often.

Posted Image

#26 Hazzah

Hazzah
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 2/1/1/0/1/2
  • RBG: 2347

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:28 PM

View PostrageTG, on 11 January 2013 - 08:09 AM, said:

Question is redundant because in the terms of service they clearly state your account can be terminated at any time for any reason.

So yes you can be banned for TMORPH.

Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<