Help

can you get banned for tmorph?

and has anyone actually..?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 bl00dlust

bl00dlust

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:34 AM

just wondering if you can get banned, and how common it is to, for using tmorph?  the thing that lets you change your appearance (only for you, not other players)
Posted Image

#2 kannetixx

kannetixx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Fire
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationFlorida yee

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:03 AM

there have been mixed discussions about it but the general consensus is no you will not get banned for it.

they used to ban people for doing things with evermorph and programs because it would delete walls or make things in game bigger than they were so people could easily farm stuff but that all changed and im almost positive its cool just dont go around announcing it in chats that you are using it. its kinda one of those dont ask dont tell kinda things if they dont know you're using it then im sure they dont care but it is still considered an exploit.
US-Kel'Thuzad - Kannetix

http://www.anook.com/kannetix

www.twitch.tv/kannetix - Gladiator Mage Stream follow me and see when i go live!

#3 Hyrmine

Hyrmine
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 2/1/1/1/1/0

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:09 AM

you never know dude, blizzard don't ever ban anyone right away, they gather names and ban people in a banwave.
im pretty sure changing your appearance is somewhat serious for them too since you're expected to throw money out to change your faction but peopel think that because bliz doesn't auto ban everyone it must be okay. you pretty much won't know until you're banned yourself

#4 rageTG

rageTG

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:09 AM

Question is redundant because in the terms of service they clearly state your account can be terminated at any time for any reason.

So yes you can be banned for TMORPH.

#5 Hyrmine

Hyrmine
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:28 AM

You can google and find a trillion threads like this.

http://eu.battle.net...60407231?page=1

#6 GrieverZ

GrieverZ
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Thaurissan
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1698
  • 3v3: 2495
  • 5v5: 1335
  • RBG: 192

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:05 AM

In theory, yes you can be banned for it as its clearly agains't the ToS to dabble into the files even for something as little and harmless as Tmorph.

In practice, i have yet to hear of anyone that has been banned, but doesn't say much since Tmorph is fairly new and Blizzard ban in waves. Personally i don't risk it simply because my account has too much stuff/playtime for it to be worth the risk.

#7 dicon

dicon
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Ysera
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:15 AM

never heard of anyone getting banned for tmorph

#8 Caredude

Caredude
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 0/1/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1332

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:09 AM

asked a GM earlier if you could get banned by tmorph, which i specified. He told me yes, but i doubt it would be any longer than 3 hours?

#9 Hyrmine

Hyrmine
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:14 AM

View PostCaredude, on 11 January 2013 - 11:09 AM, said:

asked a GM earlier if you could get banned by tmorph, which i specified. He told me yes, but i doubt it would be any longer than 3 hours?
TOS says that third party software gets you a perma. To be honest Blizzard do what they feel like. They often banned botters temp only and sometimes perma. That's why they are so fucking trash. Unban botters who botted their whole life after a day and ban others who botted 1 day forever.

#10 Smygenv

Smygenv
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Bloodhoof
  • Blackout
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2253

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:34 PM

im 100% sure no one have ever gotten banned for tmorph anyone who says they have been banned for it is lying.  The only way ppl get banned by Tmorph is if they change the program itself as someone else has said to get Herbs or Mines Bigger
Posted Image

#11 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:14 PM

Getting a permaban even for botting is hard nowadays, nothing will happen to you for using morphers.
Default UI Scripts - Compilation & how-to

#12 Koratar

Koratar
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Onyxia
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Fury 1/1/2/2/1/1

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:22 PM

I think since there are a lot of streamers using tmorph and no one of them getting banned (and there are obvious haters who try to report them for anything), it's pretty save to say: you probably won't get banned.

#13 spaceship

spaceship
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/2/0
  • RBG: 2389
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:51 PM

You can absolutely be banned for using tMorph. However, the chance of an individual ban is extremely low. If Blizzard decides to take any action, it will most likely be in a giant ban wave that could very well be permanent. At the moment they don't seem to care too much about it, but that could change in the future.

TL;DR: You shouldn't use tMorph if you care about your account.

#14 Caribou

Caribou
  • Junkies

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:52 PM

It is the same as model editing back in Vanilla, BC and Wrath, it is detectable and bannable but the chances of a ban are very low if used purely cosmetically. I'm not sure what the limits are to tMorph and I know it uses memory injection instead of any manual file changes so I assume it isn't like file based model editing where if you were to edit a some specific world type objects you would be detected and most likely banned.

Due to how widespread tMorph is in comparison to any previous model editing or morph programs, I would also say that it is probably likely that Blizzard are going to counter-act it or punish in the future.

In short, yes it is bannable but currently the chance of ban is very low.

Edited by Caribou, 11 January 2013 - 11:09 PM.

#15 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:06 AM

The only risk is if they decide to ban everything that uses certain injection methods, because all exploits and bots are based on them. (I'm honestly surprised how long they let these exploits exist compared to how quickly they fixed file replacement and mpq launchers.)

#16 spaceship

spaceship
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:40 AM

View PostThaya, on 13 January 2013 - 10:06 AM, said:

The only risk is if they decide to ban everything that uses certain injection methods, because all exploits and bots are based on them. (I'm honestly surprised how long they let these exploits exist compared to how quickly they fixed file replacement and mpq launchers.)
The reason that they don't do this is because there are a lot of legit applications that also inject into WoW (Fraps, Xfire, Mumble, etc).

#17 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:19 PM

Injection is using an exploit to force something to run your own code you feed it (as if it's its own code, this lets you bypass memory editing restrictions, use the target programs functions, and so on). No legit program should do that ever.

The graphical overlays from the programs you mention don't do that.

Edited by Thaya, 13 January 2013 - 12:26 PM.

#18 spaceship

spaceship
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:55 PM

View PostThaya, on 13 January 2013 - 12:19 PM, said:

Injection is using an exploit to force it to run your own code. No legit program should do that ever.

The graphical overlays from the programs you mention don't do that.
Not really sure you understand what "injection" means (or we have very different definitions). :P  OBS, as another example, injects a DLL into WoW with it's "Game Capture" mode using the exact same method as tMorph (you can see for yourself on GitHub).

The difference between the two programs is what they do once in-process. OBS is primarily hooking WoW's D3D library functions, which is often all that many "hacks" do. This is why you couldn't just ban every single application that injected into WoW, and why Warden looks instead for specific memory modifications.

Edited by spaceship, 13 January 2013 - 12:56 PM.

#19 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:31 PM

Pretty sure my definition is correct except arguably the word "exploit" as it could be intentionally left like that, as it is with dx hooks.

I'm surprised that a dx hook lets you use lua though. Couldn't they just make warden scan for that in particular to block HB completely then?

#20 Theles

Theles
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Lightning's Blade
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/2
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationFinland

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:33 PM

in blizzard TOS it says they can ban you even without a reason so yeah