#1 Anglian

Anglian
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/2

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:29 PM

There's far too much CC in this game and there's far too much burst >.> If both were toned down I might actually enjoy doing Arena/RBG but as it stands. 90% of games you'll either sit in cc chains or get swifty'd. Havent' done much past 2k this expansion, only last few weeks done spriest/hunter just to get capped in 2's, I think almost every single comp possible has managed to chain cc either me or the hunter every game haha. Granted we get games where we win, obviously, spriest/hunter

Judging by streams also btw not just my shitty play

#2 terribleperson

terribleperson
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/2/0/2/.

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:44 PM

Definitely annoying amounts of cc in the game, and most of it is instant. Same thing with burst, most of is instant or extremely easy to set up.

What pains me even more than arena, to be honest, is seeing random s-keying people in bg's being able to clap people up with no effort.

The game really isn't fun anymore.

#3 Madeon

Madeon
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Dragonblight
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/1/2/0/1
  • LocationCheltenham

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:26 PM

It does get annoying, but youve got to love it when you are a class that can basically lock out a player!

#4 Anglian

Anglian
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/2

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:18 PM

Oh for sure it's fun playing the class that gets the spammable cc! it isn't fun being on the receiving end 9/10 games though :P

#5 Synkz

Synkz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blood Furnace
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/0/0/2/.

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:22 PM

it's not fun to use blood fear even though it's OP, imo

#6 Passado

Passado
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Azjol-Nerub
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/1/2/2/1
  • RBG: 1595
  • LocationSweden

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:37 PM

Instant CC is definitely an issue, which is think they addressing at least a bit in the next patch with the nerf to blanket silences, cyclone and blood fear. Besides they hefty nerf to cyclone I think these changes are quite good. The combination with the instant CC and the burst damage just makes it very frustrating sometimes. One solution to the burst issue would probably be to somehow limit or disable cooldown stacking so the percentages dont get ridiculous. What frustrates me most is CC tho. I can live with high damage because you can live that at times if you play it correctly, but while sitting in CC there is really nothing you can do which isn't fun in the slightest.

#7 Yopajay

Yopajay
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Aerie Peak
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Protection 1/2/1/1/2/2
  • RBG: 1465

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:21 AM

I feel there is an issue more with snares and fears right now then anything else. Swifty macro's don't bother me much, being a warrior I kno what they do and how to avoid them and I tell my healers how. I usually will peel the warrior off my healer with charge, disarm, wait for disarm to end and then shockwave. once shockwave is up usually healer has gained some ground but I will charge again to stop him for a moment. If he has used trinket then I will fear for full duration. Thing about them swifty macro's is that a lot of peeps have enrage (that's one CD for fear that's gone). I don't macro enrage into my macro...doesn't make since cuz a smart player will fear/repent. Once those are used all I have is a trinket and then you have cyclones/fears/stuns/traps and a number of things to lock the warrior down if trinket is used, or to force a trinket use leaving ur other CC's available. I guess my point is...I don't feel there is a CC issue honestly. I think it makes the games more exciting and action packed, your forced to use your abilities at discretion rather than right away. If I get a kill with my macro...then hell yea, but I mainly do it to force trinket/bubble use + cause healers to panic. That's the key for warriors, force a panic and then capitalize on the mistakes. Its really not about that burst for the kill, depending on the class, its easy to survive, its about pressure.

#8 Alishera

Alishera
  • Members

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:50 AM

instant high damage/instant burst healing is just a big of a problem if not worse

#9 CosmicFox

CosmicFox
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Aerie Peak
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/1/2/2/1
  • RBG: 1584

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:22 AM

CC is a problem for me as a WW monk for multiple reasons.

Hard CC for my class/spec is in a bad place right now. Leg Sweep & Fists of Fury share diminishing returns with each other, and Fists of Fury is as much an incapacitate on myself as it is on the player it's being applied to with its low damage output at (3) chi cost, and low damage compared to relative abilities from other classes.

WW monks longest CC is 8 seconds, which is broken by any source of damage >0, and in order to apply the 8 second effect it requires that I be behind the target, otherwise it is a 4 second CC which again is broken by any source of damage >0.

It's also frustrating that at 0 reserve chi, an immobilize is as good as any other hard CC in game.

Proposed changes in 5.2 with deadly reach being a non talent ability are nice, but without a glyph that removes periodic damage or increases the CC when applied to a front facing target its hard to say that this will drastically improve a ww monks "game".

if the PVP glove bonus removed one actual snare (frost nova, etc..) per roll on a one minute cool down that would put WW monks in the right place, in fact all other monk specs as well.

A lot remains to be seen, but CC is a very big problem for my class in that we lack it compared to other classes, and when applied to use can really diminish our effectiveness in PVP.

#10 warbuxx

warbuxx
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/0/0
  • RBG: 2248
  • LocationGuelph, Ontario

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:41 PM

View PostSynkz, on 10 January 2013 - 09:22 PM, said:

it's not fun to use blood fear even though it's OP, imo

haha thats my least favorite spell in the game to get hit by. specially since its a full fear (granted youre not on dr)
can really get away from it, you could be the best los'r in the game and still get hit by it.
buttt im a druid and i cyclone soo :P

#11 Amiza

Amiza
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/1/0/0/2
  • 2v2: 1441
  • 3v3: 1315
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationEngland

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:52 PM

CC is getting address a little next patch, see how it turns up will probs be people calling for healing nerfs after that.

• Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Unholy 2/0/2/0/0/2
  • RBG: 1866

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:08 PM

I'm actually expecting people to start whining about Disc Priest after 5.2 hits because Disc has sick synergy with WW Monk
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<