Series of Hunter related questions

PvP Gems Pets Spec Comp Macros Keybinds Help!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Fistagon

Fistagon
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Survival 0/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1786
  • 3v3: 1775
  • 5v5: 192
  • RBG: 2035

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:29 PM

Index:
1.Gems 2.Pets 3.Spec 4.Comp 5.Macros 6.Keybinds

To start, I feel as though I have really lost touch with not only this game, but to a greater extent with Hunters.

It had recently come to my attention that if I were to ever give serious consideration to pushing Glad, that I had best step up my game in all departments, as broad as that may seem.

With that said, my goal is not to do such this season, as I had gotten a late start. I had taken a year off, and while I believe it was much needed, I have never before felt so clueless as I do now.

Like most, I play the game for fun, but am looking to dramatically increase the performance of my gameplay to more of a competitive level, and am admittedly stressed (which shouldn't be the case) about all of this.

Please, any and all insight is appreciated, I could really use a helping hand or two, preferably from a Hunter(s).

1.Gems - Given that I am 11/14 466 Dread & 4/15 Malev (T1), should I roll with the usual +320 PW in blue + buckle, as well as +160 PW/160 Mast gems in the yellow, and lastly, +80 Agi/160 PW in the red sockets, or run with the typical Resil gem setup as seen on most higher-end Hunters/players?

2.Pets - Secondly, I suppose my pet setup revolves around the composition of the team, but generally speaking, what should I be looking at? I figure 2 Spirit Beasts + Serpent (Attack Speed), Quilen (Crit) for pre-buffing, and a Crane (Cunning?) on standby. I'm a bit lost regarding specs as well, as I see a mixture of said pets as Fero/Cunning, or all of either one of them.

3.Spec - I'm running BM, and my personal belief is that I should be focused on allowing my pet to do as much damage as possible, thus my choice of pure Fero, and decision to gem Resil (so as to make up for RoS), as I'm trying my best to balance everything rather than just going to one extreme or another.

4.Comp - Seeing how powerful SPriests are, I'm considering SPlay, with either a Sham/Pal (leaning towards Pally), but am also entertaining the thought of KFC/Jungle (I know a Pally is used, thoughts on Shaman?), while also looking into Thug (Shaman, I'd imagine).

5.Macros - I won't get into specifics, just curious as to what you may consider a "must have". I will mention, however, that I feel as though I have way too many of these, and thus feel as though I am not utilizing the right ones.

6.Keybinds - Similar to my macro situation, I am definitely spread very, very thin, with a ridiculous amount of binds. What's your thoughts on this? I hear Brain uses 40, whereas I'm looking at closer to 48, with the addition of 8 others (not bound currently).

#2 Fistagon

Fistagon
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:16 AM

Came to the conclusion that I'm best off with stacking full Resil, and have continued to use a stable full of Fero pets. As for the spec, well, still BM. Regarding the comp I'm looking to run, I'm fairly sure it'll include a SPriest somewhere in there, but as for a Healer, I'm not fully sure. R. Druid, perhaps?

I've taken a few things away and have added a few things to some relatively important macros. My keybinds are set for the most part and I have begun adjusting to them as so. All is well thus far, though I would truly love some input regarding comp. Still giving slight consideraton for KFC/JC, what do you think?

#3 NickyEU

NickyEU
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/0/2/1/0
  • RBG: 576

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:29 PM

Go with a warrior/feral and shaman/priest/pala

Shadow Priest Hunter has its limitations due to DR, adding a Resto druid would make that even worse, you would need to rely on pure damage output and mediocore controls.

Just go to ladders and check out the top played hunter combos, that gives a good clue.

Regarding all your questions it seems like you figured it out yourself, if you got anything else then send me a PM.
// Frozire // Nicky \\ Aphix \\

#4 Fistagon

Fistagon
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:11 PM

View PostNickyEU, on 23 January 2013 - 05:29 PM, said:

Go with a warrior/feral and shaman/priest/pala

Shadow Priest Hunter has its limitations due to DR, adding a Resto druid would make that even worse, you would need to rely on pure damage output and mediocore controls.

Just go to ladders and check out the top played hunter combos, that gives a good clue.

Regarding all your questions it seems like you figured it out yourself, if you got anything else then send me a PM.

Ah, okay. Just as I figured.

Regarding the ladders, I see KFC was beyond prominent this season. I feel a bit silly for having even asked the question in the first place.

Will do, thanks for dropping by.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<