Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help

State of warrior in 5.2


  • Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#41 Gabbit

Gabbit
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Posts: 525
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/0

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:57 PM

10 rage on overpower is so lame, every warrior change is good aside from that and the tfb change.
Gabbitnerdo ----- League of legends.

#42 Surel

Surel
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Posts: 63
  • Talents: Discipline 2/2/1/0/2/.
  • LocationSweden

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:59 PM

View PostCrossBlesserx, on 10 January 2013 - 03:22 PM, said:

With all the amazingly skilled warriors out there even if warriors become mediocre their divine game awereness, great decision making and well..just the amount of pure skill and awesomeness they will probably keep smashing up dem ladders. I for one have been enjoying the game now that the skill cap is higher than ever and all the bad players are off the ladders while all the best players run setups based on pure skill and coordination.

congratulations, your post made me want to sell my account

#43 krewn

krewn
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Posts: 42
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/1/1/0

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:40 PM

hopefully warriors will be bad enough for people not to cry about them on every forum there is

#44 paiku

paiku
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Posts: 132
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2291

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:58 PM

s9 -> s10 again ?

#45 candyplayer831

candyplayer831
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Velen
  • Retaliation
  • Posts: 5
  • Talents: Arms 0/2/2/2/1/1

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:37 PM

View Postpaiku, on 17 January 2013 - 03:58 PM, said:

s9 -> s10 again ?
Straight from S9->S11 train the warrior to the ground mentality...we're gonna be bad...Warbringer DR, Regen negated during stun=lol rogue smokebomb kidney kill!

#46 djp771133

djp771133
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Posts: 490
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1524

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:01 PM

well, nice knowing ya warrior class, blizz just destroyed us.... again....

#47

  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Elemental 1/1/0/0/1/2
  • RBG: 2309
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:27 PM

View Postdjp771133, on 17 January 2013 - 05:01 PM, said:

well, nice knowing ya warrior class, blizz just destroyed us.... again....

Lol.

#48 wtfbro

wtfbro
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Crushridge
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Posts: 281
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/.

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:31 PM

View Postdjp771133, on 17 January 2013 - 05:01 PM, said:

well, nice knowing ya warrior class, blizz just destroyed us.... again....
finally

#49 Caribou

Caribou
  • Junkies
  • Posts: 27

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:18 PM

I think people are just quick to be negative, you never know how it plays until season release. It was expected that Warriors would be a Season 9 relapse when MoP landed.

#50 boathouse

boathouse
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 229
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/1/2/1/2
  • RBG: 1590

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:32 PM

Just becuase every warrior wont be able to mongoloid rape shit doesnt mean they will be underpowered. They will just now have to actually think.
Posted Image

#51 Thugjitsu

Thugjitsu
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Posts: 288
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/0/1/1/2
  • RBG: 2222

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:38 PM

View Postboathouse, on 17 January 2013 - 09:32 PM, said:

Just becuase every warrior wont be able to mongoloid rape shit doesnt mean they will be underpowered. They will just now have to actually think.

LMFAO did a mage really just say this????  Oh the irony...
Posted Image

#52 Thugjitsu

Thugjitsu
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Posts: 288
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/0/1/1/2
  • RBG: 2222

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:45 PM

View PostSurel, on 17 January 2013 - 02:59 PM, said:

congratulations, your post made me want to sell my account

Sarcasm is "a sharp, bitter, or cutting expression or remark; a bitter gibe or taunt",[1] usually conveyed through irony or understatement.[2] Most authorities distinguish sarcasm from irony;[3] however, others argue that sarcasm may or often does involve irony[4] or employs ambivalence.[5] Many authorities have argued that sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.
Posted Image

#53 Deonto

Deonto
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Posts: 302
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 1507
  • 3v3: 2002
  • RBG: 384

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

View PostCaribou, on 17 January 2013 - 09:18 PM, said:

I think people are just quick to be negative, you never know how it plays until season release. It was expected that Warriors would be a Season 9 relapse when MoP landed.

I found it to be really odd that some people thought warriors were going to be "meh" at mop launch. I thought it was quite obvious that they were going to be op as hell.

View Postboathouse, on 17 January 2013 - 09:32 PM, said:

Just becuase every warrior wont be able to mongoloid rape shit doesnt mean they will be underpowered. They will just now have to actually think.

The issue with the changes thus far is that... It has completely destroyed defensive stance play as arms. Meaning, if you go in Dstance, you really won't be doing any damage. It's difficult to preform an OP+ keep up hamstring/TC on targets.

You should lose damage for sitting in Dstance. Especially when doing it just for the hell of it. But all this does is promotes the whole "train the warrior into the ground". Since our survival is going to be nerfed from live, and that we will do little damage in Dstance, it will probably become the most dominate strat against warrior teams again.

Of course, this is just for arms. Fury can still do good damage even when sitting in D. And it will get a whole lot better next patch(when compared to arms). I also always thought that fury would be the go to spec.. at some point in MoP.. Due to how horrible arms scaling is.

In short, 10 rage on OP hurts arms far too much.

Also, the second wind nerf is just dumb.

And so is the warbringer change. It's not even an option any more really.

Edited by Deonto, 17 January 2013 - 10:27 PM.

Posted Image
All credit goes to Beldam for this (amazing) meme.

#54 Pinka

Pinka
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Posts: 412
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1850
  • 3v3: 2505
  • 5v5: 2242
  • RBG: 2405

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:59 AM

Nerfing def stance and put a rage cost on op. K. It wasn't the intention to sit def stance and swing away. But when i saw the second wind nerf i was like..................................................................................WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!

It's like blizz just demands s11 back. Rogue teams everywere tunneling warrs and killing them in kidneys.
Nerfing our cc. And nerfing it again.. and again.
Sure. Warr is not intended to be a cc class. But instead of nerfing our mobility into the ground like in s11 they catch us at survivability?

Atleast we get some haste and mastery buff to offset for the overpower nerf. But what is there to dmg if your forced defensive all game?
Posted Image

#55 Deonto

Deonto
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Posts: 302
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 1507
  • 3v3: 2002
  • RBG: 384

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:30 PM

Warrior
- Deadly Calm - has been removed. We added it in a weak moment - a perfect example of button bloat for limited gain. Our intentions, as always, were noble.
- Glyph of Incite - no longer procs from Deadly Calm. Now procs from Demoralizing Shout.
- Glyph of Overpower - now using Overpower during Die by the Sword increases the duration by 1 sec per use.

The overpower glyph is... interesting.

Taken from someone off wow forums:

prepartion: 3 stacks of TFB
0s-MS (Increase to 5 stacks)
1.4s-DBTS (due to end at 9.4s)
1.5s-OP (extends to 10.4, down to 4 stacks)
3.0s-OP (extends to 11.4, down to 3 stacks)
4.5-OP (extends to 12.4, down to 2 stacks)
6.0-MS (up to 4 stacks)
7.5-OP(Extends to 13.4, down to 3 stacks)
9.0-OP(Extends to 14.4, down to 2 stacks)
10.5-OP(Extends to 15.4, down to 1 stack)
12.0-MS(up to 3 stacks)
13.5-OP(extends to 16.4, down to 2 stacks)
15.0-OP(extends to 17.4, down to 1 stack)
16.5-OP(extends to 18.4, down to 0 stacks)
18.0-MS (up to 2 stacks)
18.4-DBTS expires after being up for 17 seconds (up from 8s base)
Posted Image
All credit goes to Beldam for this (amazing) meme.

#56 Covlol

Covlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 1550
  • Talents: Fury 0/2/1/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1609
  • 3v3: 2413
  • 5v5: 2261
  • RBG: 1787

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:17 AM

View PostDeonto, on 18 January 2013 - 11:30 PM, said:

Warrior
- Deadly Calm - has been removed. We added it in a weak moment - a perfect example of button bloat for limited gain. Our intentions, as always, were noble.
- Glyph of Incite - no longer procs from Deadly Calm. Now procs from Demoralizing Shout.
- Glyph of Overpower - now using Overpower during Die by the Sword increases the duration by 1 sec per use.

The overpower glyph is... interesting.

Taken from someone off wow forums:

prepartion: 3 stacks of TFB
0s-MS (Increase to 5 stacks)
1.4s-DBTS (due to end at 9.4s)
1.5s-OP (extends to 10.4, down to 4 stacks)
3.0s-OP (extends to 11.4, down to 3 stacks)
4.5-OP (extends to 12.4, down to 2 stacks)
6.0-MS (up to 4 stacks)
7.5-OP(Extends to 13.4, down to 3 stacks)
9.0-OP(Extends to 14.4, down to 2 stacks)
10.5-OP(Extends to 15.4, down to 1 stack)
12.0-MS(up to 3 stacks)
13.5-OP(extends to 16.4, down to 2 stacks)
15.0-OP(extends to 17.4, down to 1 stack)
16.5-OP(extends to 18.4, down to 0 stacks)
18.0-MS (up to 2 stacks)
18.4-DBTS expires after being up for 17 seconds (up from 8s base)

this is very interesting
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Lvl 1 Dk Legend Covlol

#57 Draedx

Draedx
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 26
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/1/2/1/.

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:54 AM

Maybe I'm wrong; but I would guess that no one fully understands the relationship between defensive stance and resilience.  Both reduce damage, but if you are in 70% resilience, in defensive stance, its not a 95% reduction to damage.  I imagine that the 10% damage reduction lost from defensive stance will not be as significant as everyone is making it out to be.

I like the changes to our regen abilities, they are nerfing second wind (but only while stunned?) but they are opening up other options.  Enraged regen was absurd because of the rage cost, but now it is manageable.  Impending victory is definitely viable against opposing melee teams (especially a DK team).

Should be a fun season!

I'm not the only one bored of shockwave and avatar am I? Its BLADESTORMBOLT TIME

Edited by Draedx, 19 January 2013 - 07:56 AM.


#58 Covlol

Covlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 1550
  • Talents: Fury 0/2/1/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1609
  • 3v3: 2413
  • 5v5: 2261
  • RBG: 1787

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:00 AM

too bad bladestorm dmg blows :(
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Lvl 1 Dk Legend Covlol

#59 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 3540
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:24 AM

View PostDraedx, on 19 January 2013 - 07:54 AM, said:

Maybe I'm wrong; but I would guess that no one fully understands the relationship between defensive stance and resilience.  Both reduce damage, but if you are in 70% resilience, in defensive stance, its not a 95% reduction to damage.  I imagine that the 10% damage reduction lost from defensive stance will not be as significant as everyone is making it out to be.

I like the changes to our regen abilities, they are nerfing second wind (but only while stunned?) but they are opening up other options.  Enraged regen was absurd because of the rage cost, but now it is manageable.  Impending victory is definitely viable against opposing melee teams (especially a DK team).

Should be a fun season!

I'm not the only one bored of shockwave and avatar am I? Its BLADESTORMBOLT TIME
Res is applied after everything else, so the 10% nerf is huge. Say you would take an 200k hit. 25% Def stance kicks in 150k. Res kicks in (say 70% with new gear) 45k. Make the def stance 10%, Hit becomes 180k. Res kicks in 54k. And by seeing the numbers in arena hits start from 300k during cds with t2 and get reduced to about 70k. So my friend the nerf is simply humongous,

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#60 Draedx

Draedx
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 26
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/1/2/1/.

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:25 PM

View PostCovlol, on 19 January 2013 - 08:00 AM, said:

too bad bladestorm dmg blows :(
yeah but you can break out of CC and can't be CC'd, you can also use shouts in Bladestorm!

View PostBraindance, on 19 January 2013 - 08:24 AM, said:

Res is applied after everything else, so the 10% nerf is huge. Say you would take an 200k hit. 25% Def stance kicks in 150k. Res kicks in (say 70% with new gear) 45k. Make the def stance 10%, Hit becomes 180k. Res kicks in 54k. And by seeing the numbers in arena hits start from 300k during cds with t2 and get reduced to about 70k. So my friend the nerf is simply humongous,

I think it would look more like this dmg*(1-D)(1-R)
200,000*(1-.25)(1-.70)=45,000
200,000*(1-.15)(1-.70)=51,000
(Battle)200,000*(1-.70)=60,000
51,000-45,000 = 6,000
Lets try on an even higher damage hit.
450,000*(1-.25)(1-.70)=101,250
450,000*(1-.15)(1-.70)=114,750
(Battle)450,000*(1-.70)=135,000
114,750-101,250 = 13,500

The impact does not look too severe on a singular hit, but I'm sure it adds up.  Battle could use a 5% damage reduction, but the amount of damage you put out while in battle is really high (12-13 rage a hit compared to 0).  That means; if you are in Battle stance overpowers cost less than an auto attack.

I think we have a lot of defensive utility and being afraid of being trained is just silly, get a partner who can change the game when they are free to cast, like a warlock or shadowpriest.  I think this upcoming season is looking fine for Warriors, and the only reservation I have is, "how will I protect my healer from Rogue DK."




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<