• Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Demonology 0/0/1/0/0/2
  • RBG: 2214

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:44 AM

View PostDkH.ZeRa, on 28 February 2013 - 10:35 AM, said:

afflock is death if this patch goes live. why should anyone take an afflock if they could have a shadowpriest?

too much love for many different chars except afflock.

If you could explain to me how it is any more dead than it was last patch i'd very much like you to do so. Also for any lock that was using supremacy the Haunt change is a small buff (sadly, its not something that will fix our problems)

View PostSascatuan, on 27 February 2013 - 11:41 PM, said:

Well its actually quite simple, let's see its a baseline 5 second cast that literally any good team can and in most cases will stop. If haunt didn't cost a shard in this state
of the game I feel as if locks might have no uses for shards other than sb sswap

I personally feel that Soulburn: Demonic Portal still has its uses while kiting, especially with KJ:C. And obviously Soulburn: Pet summon.

#62 Wallirik

Wallirik
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2567
  • 3v3: 3226
  • 5v5: 2495
  • RBG: 2592

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:53 AM

they're gonna keep nerfing grimoire of sacrifice untill it gives no +dmg anymore, and it just heals you.
5% at a time

#63 DkH.ZeRa

DkH.ZeRa
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Eredar
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:19 AM

they are forcing us into playing with pets again. bugged pets with delayed counterspell. pets which were trained years by years and died one million times in 3on3 back in the days.

after 8 years of playing warlock i dont like to play with pet anymore.
Posted Image

#64 Demonicsoul4

Demonicsoul4
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twilight's Hammer
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/2/2/2/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:01 PM

they said that they will also buff supremacy if i remember correctly. doubt they will do it tho.

we will be forced to play demo again i think (untill it gets nerfed and then we will just go inactive again)

#65 Infernion

Infernion
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/2/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2609

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:48 PM

View PostSascatuan, on 27 February 2013 - 11:41 PM, said:

If haunt didn't cost a shard in this state
of the game I feel as if locks might have no uses for shards other than sb sswap

What?
I'm using soulburn teleport soooo much during a game, you can kite so well with it, and the fact that you can't be slowed for that time is gamebreaking, you just run at insane speed and people will waste gapclosers to try to get close to you..

#66 elorahnahimi

elorahnahimi
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Affliction
  • RBG: 2469

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:30 AM

they could easily fix aff in arena without hurting pve in any way, slap "your haunt no longer costs a soul shard" bonus on our pvp gear, and make our dots scale better with pvp power.

this doesn't hurt pve and helps warlocks a lot, also no reason why soul link shouldn't be a baseline ability, i get blizzard wanted to make warlocks a class that uses defense cds over a class that just soaks damage, but if you have to use every defense cd you have in the opening 10-15 seconds vs any team that attacks it's not working out so well.

warlocks have been a soak class the entire time arena has been live, trying to change it in mop was a really dumb idea.
What this game really needs is a Duelist mount. It can be the same model as the Gladiator mount, but maybe have a gimpy leg and only be able to fly around in circles. I'd still ride it.

#67 Chanimal

Chanimal

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:55 AM

View Postelorahnahimi, on 02 March 2013 - 06:30 AM, said:

they could easily fix aff in arena without hurting pve in any way, slap "your haunt no longer costs a soul shard" bonus on our pvp gear, and make our dots scale better with pvp power.

this doesn't hurt pve and helps warlocks a lot, also no reason why soul link shouldn't be a baseline ability, i get blizzard wanted to make warlocks a class that uses defense cds over a class that just soaks damage, but if you have to use every defense cd you have in the opening 10-15 seconds vs any team that attacks it's not working out so well.

warlocks have been a soak class the entire time arena has been live, trying to change it in mop was a really dumb idea.

agree with everything but the dots scaling better with pvp power part, our damage right now is fine - would just like it to be less compressed into demon soul
twitch.tv/chanimaly follow me!

#68 elorahnahimi

elorahnahimi
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:26 AM

honestly i don't think dots ticking would be that "overpowered" dots crit for like 7-9k atm, it's pretty low.
What this game really needs is a Duelist mount. It can be the same model as the Gladiator mount, but maybe have a gimpy leg and only be able to fly around in circles. I'd still ride it.

#69 Demonicsoul4

Demonicsoul4
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twilight's Hammer
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/2/2/2/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:32 PM

:warlock: :mellow: :confused:

#70 varellz

varellz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/1/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2128
  • 3v3: 2445
  • RBG: 1717
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:50 PM

View PostPoobandit, on 02 March 2013 - 06:55 AM, said:

agree with everything but the dots scaling better with pvp power part, our damage right now is fine - would just like it to be less compressed into demon soul

thats how it is on most classes

#71 Wallirik

Wallirik
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:51 PM

The idea about haunt not costing a soul shard would have to make haunt have a cd as well, it does immense dmg when you sac a pet and spam haunt.

#72 elorahnahimi

elorahnahimi
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:10 PM

View PostWallirik, on 03 March 2013 - 02:51 PM, said:

The idea about haunt not costing a soul shard would have to make haunt have a cd as well, it does immense dmg when you sac a pet and spam haunt.

idk if i'd consider 24-27k non crit "immense" damage, but yes a 6-7 second cool down should be added with the bonus.

#73 Snackumz

Snackumz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Destruction 0/1/2/2/2/1
  • RBG: 2455

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:40 AM

if demo is the spec to play imma be so mud

#74 Wallirik

Wallirik
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:03 AM

View Postelorahnahimi, on 03 March 2013 - 11:10 PM, said:

idk if i'd consider 24-27k non crit "immense" damage, but yes a 6-7 second cool down should be added with the bonus.
it does more like 30-35k with a pet sacced
plus it has a 1.3sec cast time, as a spec that relies on dot dmg.

that's fucking insane lol

edit: and that's without procs/on-use

Edited by Wallirik, 04 March 2013 - 01:14 AM.

#75 elorahnahimi

elorahnahimi
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:12 AM

View PostWallirik, on 04 March 2013 - 01:03 AM, said:

it does more like 30-35k with a pet sacced
plus it has a 1.3sec cast time, as a spec that relies on dot dmg.

that's fucking insane lol

edit: and that's without procs/on-use

i could see how mashing haunt would be dumb, probably should have typed out the cool down part, i don't think haunt on a 6-7 second cd plus free of cost via a bonus would be that bad of an idea.

#76 brosearch

brosearch
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2269

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:58 AM

they just need to transfer much more dmg into dots. we should have the most powerful dots in the game, but sadly we have the worst. i wish they would remove soul burn soul swap too. Haunt definitely shouldn't be based around soul shards and thus it would need a cd. lastly, UA dispel (even on ptr) is still a joke and it needs to refund a shard in addition to its current mechanic.

Edited by brosearch, 04 March 2013 - 02:59 AM.

#77 Rbinary

Rbinary
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/1/0/0/1
  • RBG: 2228

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:58 AM

View Postelorahnahimi, on 04 March 2013 - 02:12 AM, said:

i could see how mashing haunt would be dumb, probably should have typed out the cool down part, i don't think haunt on a 6-7 second cd plus free of cost via a bonus would be that bad of an idea.

On this note, what about a cross between old and new nightfall? E.g. when you get a nightfall proc you gain a shard (as per live). Additionally, haunt is free (i.e. no shard cost, idgaf about mana) and instant cast.

Alternatively, you could make haunt free of shard cost and 8s CD, nightfall generates you a shard and resets haunt CD + makes it instant.

Would need to fuck SB:SS right off for all of these options..

#78 elorahnahimi

elorahnahimi
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:53 AM

View PostRbinary, on 04 March 2013 - 02:58 AM, said:

On this note, what about a cross between old and new nightfall? E.g. when you get a nightfall proc you gain a shard (as per live). Additionally, haunt is free (i.e. no shard cost, idgaf about mana) and instant cast.

Alternatively, you could make haunt free of shard cost and 8s CD, nightfall generates you a shard and resets haunt CD + makes it instant.

i wouldn't really hold out for any changes, i made a post suggesting something for haunt and everyone that posted tried to argue with me that affliction was a good spec and the spread pressure is fantastic.

#79 Snackumz

Snackumz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Destruction 0/1/2/2/2/1
  • RBG: 2455

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:44 PM

View PostRbinary, on 04 March 2013 - 02:58 AM, said:

i think this would be fun as fuck having insta haunt brews on nightfall procs. you could pool an instant haunt for swaps $$$

#80 Blackrat5521

Blackrat5521
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/0/2/0/.

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:51 PM

yeaaaah warlocks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<