fearlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Destruction 0/1/2/0/2/2
  • RBG: 1531

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:10 AM

• Fel Armor now reduces damage taken by 10%, rather than increasing armor.
  • Unstable Affliction now does 14% more damage when dispelled. This damage always critically strikes.
Talents
  • Blood Fear now costs 5% of Total Health, down from 20%.
  • Burning Rush - During Burning Rush, movement-impairing effects may not reduce you below 100% of normal movement speed.
  • Sacrificial Pact now shields for 400% of the sacrificed health, up from 200%.
Affliction
  • Unstable Affliction now does 14% more damage when dispelled. This damage always critically strikes.
Major Glyphs
Source : www.mmo-champion.com

#2 majorblood

majorblood
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/1/2/2/1
  • RBG: 2202

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:22 AM

I would like to see the life cost of unbound will toned down to reasonable levels, 20% is far too much imo.

#3 Skooby

Skooby
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/2/2/2/1
  • RBG: 2340
  • Locationyo mommas bedroom

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:25 AM

Love it

#4 veGGenitc

veGGenitc
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Bloodfeather
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Retribution 1/2/0/2/2/0

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:07 AM

Why did they keep blood fear in the game? obviously a broken mechanic

#5 Zerud

Zerud

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:09 AM

View PostveGGenitc, on 10 January 2013 - 11:07 AM, said:

Why did they keep blood fear in the game? obviously a broken mechanic
Its the 'new' and nerfed blood fear, whats op about that?

#6 sibellx

sibellx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Demonology 0/2/1/0/0/2
  • RBG: 2334
  • LocationSweden

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:26 AM

Good changes, Looking forward to next seasons

#7 saffie

saffie
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Destruction 0/1/2/0/2/1
  • RBG: 2112

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:05 PM

View Postmajorblood, on 10 January 2013 - 08:22 AM, said:

I would like to see the life cost of unbound will toned down to reasonable levels, 20% is far too much imo.
that tier is supposed to be "defensive talents" according to GC, apperantly killing ourselves to play defensive is how warlocks are supposed to be in mop :D

#8 Nycto

Nycto
  • Junkies

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:26 PM

Good changes for affliction, maybe with the cast time decrease we can afford to spread haunt around...that could lead to some insane aoe pressure when coupled with say a moonkin/tempest mage.

Really looking forward to 5.2, a lot of changes are going in a good direction.

#9 brosearch

brosearch
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2269

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:15 PM

The changes to in the new build are good no doubt. there are still issues

-Pet health is still a big problem. If you arent playing demo, your pet is pretty much always dead and there is no way to keep it at a decent level of hp so the shield wont help much.
-We need some self healing. Locks are the only class who use hp as a resource. It needs to heal the pet too.
-Afflic dmg is moderate at best with haunt and channeling MG, some of the dps needs to be put into dots.
-Our tier of talents that has Unbound Will, Blood Fear, and burning rush, is a joke. There is no viable option here. They need to either make burning rush or unbound will viable, ORRRRRR just move either Howl, death coil or shadowfury into this tier.
- With the sheild change and fel armor change, Demo will absolutely hands down be the best lock spec just like it is now. This is extremely sad that a fucking no cast piece of shit no skill spec is our best option. They need to change that.

#10 saffie

saffie
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Destruction 0/1/2/0/2/1
  • RBG: 2112

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:56 PM

I think we should be happy with what we are getting, passive dmg reduction was the thing we needed the most. I'm glad they actually listened and put it up. We should try to see how affli does in arena before saying we need more things.

One of the biggest problems blizzard has is that when they change things, they change it too much, rather than changing it slightly and seeing how it goes and hotfixing it later if not. I think after these changes casters will mostly be in the same level apart from shadow priests.

Edited by saffie, 10 January 2013 - 07:00 PM.

#11 Poseyx

Poseyx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Arcane 0/0/0/2/0/2
  • LocationNY

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:04 PM

ugh really not looking forward to the aids dotcleaves again fml
www.Twitch.tv/wushington - Multi Gladiator feral stream

Mrlindv - Youtube channel

#12 fearlol

fearlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Destruction 0/1/2/0/2/2
  • RBG: 1531

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

was thinking about rls for next season . it might work again with this new changes . as wlp all i do is kiting around pillars doing almost nothing and letting my warrior solo them. but if we take less damage with the control of a rogue we might be able to play again . :duckers:

#13 Nadagast

Nadagast
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1878
  • 3v3: 2779

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:54 AM

Good changes.  I'm happy about them.  But our damage is still way too compressed into Dark Soul, and Affliction will likely still be too squishy to use for general ladder queuing.

#14 Synkz

Synkz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blood Furnace
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/0/0/2/.

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:04 AM

going in the right direction!

Edited by Synkz, 12 January 2013 - 01:04 AM.

#15 Toitles

Toitles
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Wyrmrest Accord
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/2/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1748
  • 3v3: 2115
  • 5v5: 864
  • RBG: 1754
  • LocationOAKLAND CITY REPRESENT

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:18 AM

Unbound Will is an amazing tool for escaping actual cc on you, even if it's suicide to use it in a stun.  Having it lets you get out of blind, psychic scream, fear, etc. without risking dying in a stun if they switch to you later.

affix said:

The #1 sign that your thread was unnecessary is if the you can copy+paste the thread title in to google, hit 'I'm feeling lucky', and get your answer

#16 Filthpig

Filthpig
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/0/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1605
  • 3v3: 2448
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 1945

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:06 PM

Kind wish they would just replace Blood Fear with glyphed Shadowflame. Honestly would be more useful than any of the other talents. Maybe if they dropped Unbound Will's cost to 10% it would be usable, but if you consider health levels being around 420k~ next season, 20% is going to cost you 80-90k health to use. If you're getting trained that's unacceptably high.

I think we won't see the survivability we need unless they make coil baseline (or swap howl with blood fear) or bring baseline soul link back.

#17 Nadagast

Nadagast
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1878
  • 3v3: 2779

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:16 AM

View PostFilthpig, on 12 January 2013 - 11:06 PM, said:

Kind wish they would just replace Blood Fear with glyphed Shadowflame. Honestly would be more useful than any of the other talents. Maybe if they dropped Unbound Will's cost to 10% it would be usable, but if you consider health levels being around 420k~ next season, 20% is going to cost you 80-90k health to use. If you're getting trained that's unacceptably high.

I think we won't see the survivability we need unless they make coil baseline (or swap howl with blood fear) or bring baseline soul link back.

I agree, gylphed Shadowflame would be a great thing to add in place of the new Blood Fear, but I doubt it'll happen.  Also, FYI, I'm already at 426k HP unbuffed.  Warlock HP is likely to approach 480k, 500k(?) next season.

#18 Snackumz

Snackumz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Destruction 0/1/2/2/2/1
  • RBG: 2455

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:26 AM

i really wish things that took life away would be removed. mainly lifetap as against things like KFC ill just be sitting there unable to do anything as if i tap im just dead. i don't see any reason for mana to even be an issue for warlocks now considering mages and other caster dps never worry about mana.

#19 Trendz

Trendz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/2/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2260
  • LocationSeattle Wa

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:24 PM

The thing that bothers me about lifetap is what caster has problems with mana? None unless its a sp that is spam healing to help his healer while ccd or teamate is low health. Yet we still have to kill ourselves and use gcds to get mana back constantly. I deff agree that removing lifetap or in some way changing this would be verynice!

#20 Fabuloux

Fabuloux
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Destruction 0/0/2/0/2/1
  • RBG: 2069

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:15 PM

View Postbrosearch, on 10 January 2013 - 06:15 PM, said:

The changes to in the new build are good no doubt. there are still issues

-Pet health is still a big problem. If you arent playing demo, your pet is pretty much always dead and there is no way to keep it at a decent level of hp so the shield wont help much.

You realize that they are actually buffing sac pact with this. Instead of taking 50% of our pets health and give us 200% of that, they take 25% and give us 400%, which means it'll take less HP from our pet and give us the same amout of absorbtion shield back. I think it will be perfectly fine tbh. We even got passive dmg reduction! Should celebrate!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<