• Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration
  • RBG: 765

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:55 AM

PvP
We're making a change to the way damage-to-healing conversions work so that the healing is not affected by resilience. The healing will be based on how much damage would have been done as if the target had no resilience. If you hit an opponent for 10K and have a mechanic that converts damage into 50% healing, your hit may land for 6K because of resilience, but the heal will still be 5K (50% of the unmitigated damage). This only applies to resilience, not to armor, Shield Wall or other forms of damage reduction.

Nice change for fistweaving!

Edit: Doesn't look like monk abilities are included :mad:

Edited by Heywoods, 07 February 2013 - 01:58 AM.

#22 maarko

maarko
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:43 AM

I see nothing in the patch notes, is the chi wave nerf intended? The previous build it was pretty ridiculous but now it heals for less than it does on live with double the cd. The other two t2 talents are awful as well. And apparently the battle fatigue isnt even working on the ptr so it could be healing for ~20k per wave.
Spoiler

#23 Aekl

Aekl
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/1/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2505

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:10 PM

I like all the changes thus far. I am just glad they are working on it thoroughly.
Posted Image

#24 StigmaticAscetic

StigmaticAscetic
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormreaver
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • RBG: 2158

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:16 PM

So i recently started playing on PTR and i noticed instantly that chi wave is total shit right now..it heals for about same amount as it does on live but it has twice the CD. Im almost maxed out on chi constantly cause there is only 1 spell to use it on. Its nice to see Life cocoon being a usable spell now though, i dislike how paralysis is 6 seconds now i dont care about the range really it could go back to being melee if u ask me. I think it was fine the way it was except that it didint have the glyph which they added now. Feel like most of the changes made to monks were just to make Windwalker playable, and dont get me wrong i tried windwalker and is really fun but ive been playing MW all season and hope to continue next season aswel.

#25 maarko

maarko
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:55 AM

I think 6 seconds is more than enough for an undispellable instant 20 yard CC. The only issue I have with MW on the ptr is our t2 talents.

They nerfed the shit out of all of them for no reason. My Chi wave bounces for 20k with a 15 second cd. Zen Sphere heals for ~9k a tick and explodes for 15k. Chi burst is a 30 second cd and heals for less than 1 surging mist. How can they think that those are ok. I'd honestly rather have the t2 cost Chi and be more powerful than having them cost no chi and being terrible.
Spoiler

#26 Pitiless

Pitiless
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Elemental 2/1/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 2204

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:09 AM

So with the nerf to chi wave, how are MW monks looking in 5.2?  Will it be a competitive 3s spec?  Lvling a monk right now and trying to decide on MW or WW for 5.2.  I'd prefer MW, but only if it's going to be a good healer in 3s

#27 maarko

maarko
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:42 PM

With the few QoL changes and the nerf to other classes, I think MW will still be great. We are the hardest healer to kill, are good against rogues (ability to roll while garroted, healing in smokebomb with healing orbs, ring of peace on 45 sec cd). I think MW will be much more viable. If they fix the t2 talents I think MW will be one of the best healers. They nerfed chi wave to reduce WW self healing, without really thinking about the consequences to MW. I hope they buff Zen Sphere, its current design would actually be quite useful for 3s if it healed for more than 9k with a 15k explode. If the explode actually healed, it would give us some nice EM/RM protection.

Edited by maarko, 22 February 2013 - 02:43 PM.

Spoiler

#28 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2215
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:10 PM

Tier 2 is kind of odd because if it's good for MW it's op for WW and if it's more balanced for WW it's pretty weak for MW. I think the most important changes for MW were the nerfs to instant ring and Blood Fear.

#29 StigmaticAscetic

StigmaticAscetic
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormreaver
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • RBG: 2158

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:18 PM

View Postmaarko, on 22 February 2013 - 12:55 AM, said:

I think 6 seconds is more than enough for an undispellable instant 20 yard CC. The only issue I have with MW on the ptr is our t2 talents.

I wouldnt mind paralysis being melee range, just add the glyph and it would be a great ability the way it is. And currently when i play on live i'm sometimes forced to heal so much that i overlap chi, and not having Chi wave will only make that worse. I do however see how it would be OP on WW if it healed more since on PTR my expel harm already crits for 100k easily as WW... Our heals are still significantly weaker than resto shaman / druid / paladin while only having more survivability in exchange

I feel like MW monk will work incredibly well in double healer comps though with all the disables they cant put out.

Edited by StigmaticAscetic, 22 February 2013 - 03:21 PM.

#30 Athená

Athená
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Ревущий фьорд
  • Вихрь
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2281
  • LocationThe Hague

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:32 PM

View PostWildeHilde, on 22 February 2013 - 03:10 PM, said:

Tier 2 is kind of odd because if it's good for MW it's op for WW and if it's more balanced for WW it's pretty weak for MW. I think the most important changes for MW were the nerfs to instant ring and Blood Fear.

This is true, but what I don't get is why they don't just make the abilities different for ww mw and brew.
With Chi Wave getting its healing nerfed the cd needs to be lower.
I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

#31 Lieto

Lieto
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Arthas
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Subtlety
  • LocationKyiv. Ukraine.

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:06 AM

i seem to have real troubles dealing with healing monks . Can anyone help me in this department?

1. Stunning them is rather pointless
2. A lot of the time they can kite away
3. They disarm your every burst cooldown regardless of who are you trying to kill
4. They doesnt seem to go oom.
5. Don't know how but 7 out of 10 times i cant sap them after fear, they are somehow in combat in this possible?
6. Should i kill the statue?
7. Should i kick when they are channeling their heal?

What's their weak spot? When RoP and bubble and ranged disarm is on CD?

Those questions might not belong here but i d appreciate help )
Shadowmelding since 2007.

#32 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:44 AM

Their weakspot is control against them. They have pretty much nothing against fear / poly / blind / silence.

Not stunning them is a myth. Especially as rogue, you can stun, energy pool and then hit once the 2.5 seconds are over and use the second stun. Once the immunity is down they eat more damage than any other healer in stuns.

They don't have hots/shields outside of the bubble. So killing team mates while they are cced is a lot easier.

Not sure about the combat, maybe something their team mates casted on them?

#33 Lieto

Lieto
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Arthas
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Subtlety
  • LocationKyiv. Ukraine.

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:19 AM

Well, ye control... i am puzzled as to my pretty much only control, which is sap. Can i sap them after a fear or is their statue (or whatever) keeping them in combat?
Are they able to use stuff while in control?
How do they heal? Lets say i somehow manage to sit on them and bring them low in stun and i am not disarmed / cced right after — what do i kick?
Shadowmelding since 2007.

#34 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:37 AM

They have only one school, but instants like most healers. So kicking the beam is what you want to do.

Healing styles are different. You can heal with instants only or with the beam or by meleeing your enemies and you have a rather weak hot. The can also improve the beam (Soothing Mists) by adding a strong hot or an instant heal to the target while channeling.

Chi Wave might keep them in combat but not as long as a full fear. The bubbles shouldn't do that, not entirely sure however.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<