• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/0/0
  • RBG: 1999

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:23 AM

View Poststalebagel, on 09 January 2013 - 11:36 PM, said:

Last time I checked class forums weren't restricted to an individuals class so they can do exactly that, if you really think changing a sub-forum on this website is going to stop people from posting things like "mages are fine" then you have another thing coming buddy.  I understand I might of posted this on the wrong sub-forum but shouldn't we leave that correction up to the moderation or did it really bother you that much.

The difference is that nobody outside of the 5 mage crew you've got running from thread to thread really wants to read about how upset mages are about the changes.  This garbage belongs in the mage sub forum.

I mean I don't really need to say anything else, you guys are calling me a retard because I am of the opinion that mages are fine and will be perfectly fine even after these changes.  Nobody is going to be upset to see you stop posting crying about how underpowered mages are when in reality they're actually pretty strong.

#22 boathouse

boathouse
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/1/2/1/2
  • RBG: 1590

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:25 AM

I shortly came back but will either be leaving agian or rerolling. Besides the fact that i cant do shit in an arena becuase im so outgeared, mage is no longer fun to play. Running around instant casting NT and ice lace along waiting for instant cast FFB procs while having 0% reason to hardcast anything is boring. Frost died when frostbolt stopped being our main nuke.
Posted Image

#23 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 2273
  • 3v3: 2634
  • 5v5: 2359
  • RBG: 2126

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:32 AM

View Postboathouse, on 10 January 2013 - 12:25 AM, said:

Running around instant casting.

Every class in the gaem breh.

#24 boathouse

boathouse
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/1/2/1/2
  • RBG: 1590

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:39 AM

View PostRegent, on 10 January 2013 - 12:32 AM, said:

Every class in the gaem breh.

That may be the case but i still dont find it fun.

Edited by boathouse, 10 January 2013 - 12:42 AM.

Posted Image

#25 stalebagel

stalebagel
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 192
  • 3v3: 2091

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:48 AM

View PostNightmonkey, on 10 January 2013 - 12:23 AM, said:

The difference is that nobody outside of the 5 mage crew you've got running from thread to thread really wants to read about how upset mages are about the changes.  This garbage belongs in the mage sub forum.

I mean I don't really need to say anything else, you guys are calling me a retard because I am of the opinion that mages are fine and will be perfectly fine even after these changes.  Nobody is going to be upset to see you stop posting crying about how underpowered mages are when in reality they're actually pretty strong.

5 mage crew running from thread to thread? You realize how ridiculous you sound right? Nobody has a 5 mage crew and no one is out to get you.  It's unfortunate that you've been harassed to the point that you consider my insight to be garbage and I want to apologize for whatever I've done to make you feel this way. To clarify my post was never about mages being underpowered but about nether tempest becoming the only viable spec after 5.2 and to explain to the community why that is a bad thing.  Abilities like nether tempest are inherently detrimental to the game, instant cast dots that provide more instant cast procs?  How is that healthy for the arena scene?  I'm promoting a spec that requires casting, if anything I would expect your support.

#26 Tsx

Tsx
  • Junkies

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:07 AM

the only comp that mage will be able to play will be rmp cuz of rogue stuns, cuz if this shit comes live then 99% of mages comps will die.

#27 wambafat

wambafat
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Drak'Tharon
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/2

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:38 AM

Why is a warlock stuck in the 1400's allowed to post?
3634 1433                  
in b4 hurr durr your disc is terrible ratings

Edited by wambafat, 10 January 2013 - 01:39 AM.

#28 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 1/2/0/2/2/2/.
  • 2v2: 2246
  • 3v3: 2532

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:48 AM

View PostYarmyxx, on 10 January 2013 - 01:07 AM, said:

the only comp that mage will be able to play will be rmp cuz of rogue stuns, cuz if this shit comes live then 99% of mages comps will die.

mage shadowpriest pala will work, but replacing the mage for an ele shaman will make it a far better comp, cant see mages playing rmp really since if the priest specs shadow and they get a resto shaman or druid healer the comp is 1000x better just from that

View PostPouncedd, on 12 June 2014 - 01:51 AM, said:

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper and have looked at the numbers comparatively for almost every class

View PostJontex, on 23 June 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#29 Mirionx

Mirionx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 1/2/2/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2662

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:01 AM

the deep change has just been reverted, new notes on mmoc

#30 Icekingx

Icekingx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2351

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:12 AM

deep changed back to normal warrior Dstance nerfed by 10 interesting...

Rawrbertlol, on 14 June 2013 - 08:41 AM, said:

Best signatures on entire website.
Posted Image

#31 ROKMODE

ROKMODE

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:19 AM

View Poststalebagel, on 09 January 2013 - 11:36 PM, said:

Last time I checked class forums weren't restricted to an individuals class so they can do exactly that, if you really think changing a sub-forum on this website is going to stop people from posting things like "mages are fine" then you have another thing coming buddy.  I understand I might of posted this on the wrong sub-forum but shouldn't we leave that correction up to the moderation or did it really bother you that much.
Just because a mod can move the thread, doesn't excuse you from not reading the labeled sub forums. People on this site are so damn bad about posting in the right section. It's actually unbelievable.
Expect bias in posts because
Wotlk is the best thing since sliced bread

#32 Nightmonkey

Nightmonkey
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/0/0
  • RBG: 1999

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:20 AM

View Postwambafat, on 10 January 2013 - 01:38 AM, said:

Why is a warlock stuck in the 1400's allowed to post?
3634 [font='Arial Black', ', Arial, sans-serif} ']1433[/font]   
in b4 hurr durr your disc is terrible ratings

You shouldn't cast stones from a glass house.  My warlock is a solid 3 months behind in gear, and I'm playing with random people or alts in contender's gear for point cap every week.

Basically there's a few people real mad at me for posting in 2 different threads that mages are fine.  You can't really call me paranoid because it only takes 2 seconds to see the same like 5 people crying and calling me retarded.  What exactly did I say that's so inflammatory?  Mages are fine?

#33 vomite

vomite
  • Junkies
  • Unknown Raceclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration 2/0/2/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1328

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:45 AM

View PostIcekingx, on 10 January 2013 - 02:12 AM, said:

warrior Dstance nerfed by 10 interesting...

#34 Pritchard

Pritchard
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/0

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:48 AM

View PostNightmonkey, on 10 January 2013 - 02:20 AM, said:

You shouldn't cast stones from a glass house.  My warlock is a solid 3 months behind in gear, and I'm playing with random people or alts in contender's gear for point cap every week.

Basically there's a few people real mad at me for posting in 2 different threads that mages are fine.  You can't really call me paranoid because it only takes 2 seconds to see the same like 5 people crying and calling me retarded.  What exactly did I say that's so inflammatory?  Mages are fine?

https://www.youtube....h?v=MGsZwDkk4Eo

its ok to throw stones from glass houses

#35 Protosnake

Protosnake
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Destruction 1/1/2/1/2/1
  • RBG: 2172

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:01 AM

Changes are good but I'm still a bit worried about mage/lock losing their silence while every healers but Disc can spam Instant non-stop

#36 Hyrmine

Hyrmine
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 2/1/1/1/1/0

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:15 AM

I think even if the season would start with Mages being bad Blizzard would buff them during the season. Just don't think they could be bad a whole season.

#37 Nadagast

Nadagast
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1878
  • 3v3: 2779

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:22 AM

View PostDizzeeyo, on 10 January 2013 - 01:48 AM, said:

mage shadowpriest pala will work, but replacing the mage for an ele shaman will make it a far better comp, cant see mages playing rmp really since if the priest specs shadow and they get a resto shaman or druid healer the comp is 1000x better just from that

I've seen a few people in this thread talking about how Ele Shamans are gonna be good next patch... How so?  I don't understand what's changing to make them good.  They seem to just die atm...

I'm not necessarily disagreeing, I just haven't seen anything that suggests they'll be good.  Are people trolling about Ele?

Oh.  They're getting Shamanistic Rage, huh?  Hmm... that's a pretty nice buff.

Edited by Nadagast, 11 January 2013 - 10:25 AM.

#38 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:18 PM

A class causing problems to your comp/class does not necessarily deserve losing their core abilities.
This mentality brought the dispel system change, cyclone dr, mana burn removal, blanket counterspell change. All reliable healers gaining freedom and melee classes getting additional stuns, snare breaks , the mage class needed blanket cs more than ever but it's getting removed.

I would like to see how people in this thread would feel if stuff like the following happened:
-Holy paladin instants are too strong, so were removed freedom.
-Warriors can stack offensive cooldowns, so we removed charge stun.
-Blood fear was too strong, so we removed your healthstone.

Mages will not be ok next patch, they will be borderline bad and this will hurt the caster comps that require the melee prevention tools of the mage. We'll see how people like the game when it's kfc/melee cleave 30 games in a row, tunneling healers until crits / stuns are aligned.

#39 affix

affix
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost
  • RBG: 2479

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:26 PM

View PostHyrmine, on 11 January 2013 - 09:15 AM, said:

I think even if the season would start with Mages being bad Blizzard would buff them during the season. Just don't think they could be bad a whole season.
The problem is that they won't hotfix imp CS back in, all they can really do is tweak numbers.  A Mage without imp CS plainly lacks a full toolkit, and buffing us to do stupid damage again won't make us any less incomplete.

There's just no defensible reason to get rid of it in the first place.

#40 Btothaloody

Btothaloody
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Spirestone
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/0/2/1/2
  • RBG: 958

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:48 PM

View PostDjandawg, on 11 January 2013 - 05:18 PM, said:

We'll see how people like the game when it's kfc/melee cleave 30 games in a row, tunneling healers until crits / stuns are aligned.
That's all it is right now. I love how people are calling S12 a wizard season, when in reality I maybe see 1 wiz cleave every 15 or so games and they're always 1850-2000. Every other game is KFC or kitty cleave slapping their cocks on the keyboard till they find their one swifty macros and target the healer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<