Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help

Reckful 10 Minute Laugh - by request.


  • Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#41 zephah

zephah
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance
  • Posts: 2456
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:46 AM

View PostBraindance, on 10 January 2013 - 12:30 AM, said:

Oh no you wouldn't :)

For real though; when you're making six figures and you're not the bread winner, $100 really means nothing to you. Especially if you sit there and watch this guy stream hours upon hours night after night.

#42 GrieverZ

GrieverZ
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 1293
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/1/2/1/1
  • RBG: 1910

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:59 AM

View PostGalaleo, on 09 January 2013 - 07:59 PM, said:

Well when you think of it solely monetarily sure 15 bucks is not a lot. Think about the amount of TIME we have all pissed away playing this game though, and I am not bashing anyone I do it too. My point was more along the lines of why would any of us have the audacity to troll someone for donating to something they find entertaining when we ourselves literally waste our lives doing stupid shit too. Donating some bucks for something you enjoy is no more or less pathetic than what most of us do on a daily basis.

And what do you consider that isn't a waste? Anything that rewards a salary? If all you do is work for money, how do you even spend all that money? Having hobbies or free time isn't a waste, unlike what society tries to force you to believe since one of the key to be happy in life is balance.

I couldn't care less about what people do with their money as i don't know their financial situation, people that do are plain jealous.

#43 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 3301
  • Talents: Arms
  • RBG: 956
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:08 AM

View Postzephah, on 10 January 2013 - 12:46 AM, said:

For real though; when you're making six figures and you're not the bread winner, $100 really means nothing to you. Especially if you sit there and watch this guy stream hours upon hours night after night.
For me and you yes and it seems reasonable - but because I happen to know 1-2 people that make that much they only care about making more money - giving away money without making more money not an option for them. But in any case it's none of my business what people do with their money and how they spend it - it is just my impression that in order to spend so much money lavishly it's either not yours or you have so much money that you don't care (more rare).

Wc back btw haven't seen you post since cata

Edited by Braindance, 10 January 2013 - 01:08 AM.

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#44 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Posts: 998
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:24 AM

View PostBraindance, on 10 January 2013 - 12:16 AM, said:

People that could donate 100-2000$ of their own money certainly do not play wow, and even if they did they would be random, anonymous players you didn't know that exist. I don't dictate, I deduct. Go work for a month make 100k $ and come back and donate 2k I dare you. You wouldn't even donate a dime.
You are only making assumptions, putting them together and presenting as a valid deduction but you are missing my point. For some people $100-$2000 is pocket change. I happen to know quite a few people in that category, who do work and play wow.

#45 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 3301
  • Talents: Arms
  • RBG: 956
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:29 AM

View PostDjandawg, on 10 January 2013 - 01:24 AM, said:

You are only making assumptions, putting them together and presenting as a valid deduction but you are missing my point. For some people $100-$2000 is pocket change. I happen to know quite a few people in that category, who do work and play wow.
OK then I give up - they can do w/e they want with their money. They can set it on fire, take a piss on them and see if the fire goes off I don't care. For all I know, if I was making that much money I would be lying in a beach in California getting my cock sucked by a model and trading stocks with my tablet watching the sunset - not playing wow and handing it for free to streamers.

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#46 Dakkrothy

Dakkrothy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 1118
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/1/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2484

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:18 AM

yea people forget how little 1k dollars is for some people, you gotta think %. While 100$ is 5% of someones current wealth it can be 0.1% of someone elses wealth.

#47 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • Posts: 1491
  • LocationRussia

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:36 AM

View PostBraindance, on 10 January 2013 - 12:16 AM, said:


People that could donate 100-2000$ of their own money certainly do not play wow, and even if they did they would be random, anonymous players you didn't know that exist. I don't dictate, I deduct. Go work for a month make 100k $ and come back and donate 2k I dare you. You wouldn't even donate a dime.
You'd be surprised how many rich and bored people play this game. I have friends who do boosts and the stories I heard of some of their clients are borderline retarded.
Default UI Scripts - Compilation & how-to

#48 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 3301
  • Talents: Arms
  • RBG: 956
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:45 AM

Wow look at how many multi glads and r1 came to respond to my comment. And I am also impressed by their kindness - I was expecting things like "gtfo bitch ass poor motherfucker" (no irony). Yes I understand, but still it seems weird to me - but I am but a PhD student working almost 16h a day making just enough to buy me cheap food and pay my rent :D

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#49 Horke

Horke
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Steamwheedle Cartel
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Posts: 23
  • Talents: Balance 2/0/2/1/2/0
  • RBG: 1148

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:03 AM

View PostBraindance, on 09 January 2013 - 09:23 PM, said:

I casually see 100$ donations in multiple streams. This is pure fanboism by kids that stole their dad's credit card. Donating 1-5$ is OK- wasting in excess of 100$ like that means you didn't earn them yourself. I pity the guys that make money from streaming because some day the milking cow will go dry, and when they look for a job they won't be able to put "r1 wow streamer full time" under their CV's qualifications.

Well you go ahead with cynical s1 gladiator with restodruid in 2s on your CV and see how that works out for you. :)

#50 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 3301
  • Talents: Arms
  • RBG: 956
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:14 AM

View PostHorke, on 10 January 2013 - 03:03 AM, said:

Well you go ahead with cynical s1 gladiator with restodruid in 2s on your CV and see how that works out for you. :)
Still got 200 rating more than you ever had in 2s and 50 more in 3s so its working fine - "gladiator Horke" :)

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#51 dicon

dicon
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Ysera
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Posts: 437
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:29 AM

depends if he knows what to do with the money besides letting it rot on a bank account

#52 hekumzx

hekumzx
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 498
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 863
  • 3v3: 2310

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:06 AM

View Postzephah, on 09 January 2013 - 09:20 PM, said:

In this thread; people don't know how to make analogies.

lol.  steak vs stream.

View PostBraindance, on 09 January 2013 - 09:23 PM, said:

I casually see 100$ donations in multiple streams. This is pure fanboism by kids that stole their dad's credit card. Donating 1-5$ is OK- wasting in excess of 100$ like that means you didn't earn them yourself. I pity the guys that make money from streaming because some day the milking cow will go dry, and when they look for a job they won't be able to put "r1 wow streamer full time" under their CV's qualifications.

Almost every long term gaming teammate I've had has either been born into an extremely rich family or make over $150k a year.  I don't think you really know shit about the WoW community.

To your other points, wealthy people don't need to lay on a beach for blowjobs.  The majority of wealthy people I've known or know spend the largest portion of their money on entertainment.  If you're not aware, most high end establishments charge over $10-12 dollars for a single beer.  Spending $200-400 every night adds up.

If you spend your life working toward a degree, maybe spend the rest of your limited time in LIFE not in WoW and people won't flame you for being uninformed.

A comprehensive look at resto shaman, from the inside out - http://i.imgur.com/icr36xO.png

Posted Image

Official Blizzard Quote:

11/18/10
Balance isn't as easy as some seem to think and often balance is in the eye of the beholder.. We believe priests will be in good shape if not great..

#53 dj_abdullah

dj_abdullah
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Posts: 293
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/1/1/0/2

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:15 PM

I wish I wasn't poor..

#54 Horke

Horke
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Steamwheedle Cartel
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Posts: 23
  • Talents: Balance 2/0/2/1/2/0
  • RBG: 1148

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:37 PM

View PostBraindance, on 10 January 2013 - 03:14 AM, said:

Still got 200 rating more than you ever had in 2s and 50 more in 3s so its working fine - "gladiator Horke" :)

Good for you :-) Don't forget to put it in your CV!

#55 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 3301
  • Talents: Arms
  • RBG: 956
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:39 PM

View PostHorke, on 10 January 2013 - 03:37 PM, said:

Good for you :-) Don't forget to put it in your CV!
My CV is already stacked thanks!

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#56 Tosan

Tosan
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 828
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/0/1/2/1/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:46 PM

View PostBraindance, on 09 January 2013 - 06:00 PM, said:

It is the same as paying to watch someone who is watching TV. Ofc it would have been different if the streamers did tutorials etc. And lol at bold

That's not true at all, not even close.  People get to see gameplay they enjoy and interaction with the streamer is something a lot of people value.  This comparison is absolutely garbage and makes no sense, a guy watching TV isn't doing anything.  

This analogy is terrible in more than one way though.  If you're watching a guy watching TV, there's no difference really from you turning on the same channel and watching it yourself.  But most viewers can't do what top players do, so no, they're not able to replicate what they're watching in most cases; people love watching people who are way better than them, they cannot replicate it themselves.

Streaming is entertainment, people like to give donations when they're entertained and feel good about what they're watching.  It makes perfect sense.


View PostBraindance, on 09 January 2013 - 07:51 PM, said:

Would you tip 100-2000$ for a steak?lol

Yet another unbelievably awful analogy.  Can you eat a steak several hours per day like you can watch an entertaining stream?  Yes, I'd donate $100-2000 to an otherwise free steak that nourished me for hours per day.  But no, a steak is gone when you're done eating it, a livestream isn't.

There's no way you read that awful analogy and said "this makes perfect sense", just no way.  You should just stop using analogies, you're doing it completely wrong each and every time -_-

Edited by Tosan, 10 January 2013 - 04:51 PM.


#57 Tosan

Tosan
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 828
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/0/1/2/1/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:52 PM

On topic:

I love unfiltered super laughs, it's a very human thing.  I'm sure most of us have had some absurd laugh at some point, I know I have....

#58 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 3301
  • Talents: Arms
  • RBG: 956
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

View PostTosan, on 10 January 2013 - 04:46 PM, said:

That's not true at all, not even close.  People get to see gameplay they enjoy and interaction with the streamer is something a lot of people value.  This comparison is absolutely garbage and makes no sense, a guy watching TV isn't doing anything.  

This analogy is terrible in more than one way though.  If you're watching a guy watching TV, there's no difference really from you turning on the same channel and watching it yourself.  But most viewers can't do what top players do, so no, they're not able to replicate what they're watching in most cases; people love watching people who are way better than them, they cannot replicate it themselves.

Streaming is entertainment, people like to give donations when they're entertained and feel good about what they're watching.  It makes perfect sense.




Yet another unbelievably awful analogy.  Can you eat a steak several hours per day like you can watch an entertaining stream?  Yes, I'd donate $100-2000 to an otherwise free steak that nourished me for hours per day.  

Do you read your own posts man?  There's no way you read that awful analogy and said "this makes perfect sense", just no way.  You should just stop using analogies, you're doing it completely wrong each and every time.  I don't even think you fully understand what an analogy is.
For me it makes no sense to donate 100-2000$ awful analogies or not. As I said before it's not my money so it's none of my business. It was my mistake that I initially posted in this thread because we can't all have the same opinion about something and it seems I am the minority here. And finally, people "used" to watch streams so that they would be able to replicate what they saw at some point. That's how many of the r1 players of today learned from the r1 players of the past.

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#59 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Posts: 998
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

View PostTosan, on 10 January 2013 - 04:52 PM, said:

On topic:

I love unfiltered super laughs, it's a very human thing.  I'm sure most of us have had some absurd laugh at some point, I know I have....
I am also sure most of us don't scream like a girl during the process.

#60 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Posts: 998
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:10 PM

View PostBraindance, on 10 January 2013 - 04:53 PM, said:

It was my mistake that I initially posted in this thread because we can't all have the same opinion about something and it seems I am the minority here.

There is nothing wrong about posting your opinion regardless of being right or wrong. The mistake was, generalizing personal impressions and expecting them to become global truth. It got out of hand trying to defend them with analogies that made no sense when many people gave counterexamples.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<