Pritchard
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/0

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:40 AM

View PostHackattack3, on 09 January 2013 - 12:48 AM, said:

If you think mage's mobility is not that great anymore, just think how other casters are doing.

i know, its even worse.  too many stuns and gap closers etc in the game now.

#42 Armagedon

Armagedon
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy 1/2/1/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2123

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:54 AM

View Postaffix, on 08 January 2013 - 06:17 PM, said:

It's about uptime, not actual DPS or burst damage, IMO.  Ferals and Warriors and Hunters rarely get kited nowadays.  Their uptime is higher than ever so they generate more resources so they never stop doing damage.
Exactly, uptime is the real thing at play here. Warrior/Feral/Hunter are always hitting something so they're the best, other melee can actually be controlled so they are shit in comparison.

#43 Nisslol

Nisslol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Beast Mastery
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:11 AM

View PostBraindance, on 09 January 2013 - 02:34 AM, said:

lol

Couldn't word it out any better, +rep

Popped a molly, I'm sweating.

View PostRizzo, on 07 April 2011 - 04:00 AM, said:

World of Cantcastunlessitsinstantcraft:  CCataclysm

View PostAyrasaurus, on 18 May 2013 - 04:23 PM, said:

im an idiot

#44 ROKMODE

ROKMODE

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:55 AM

He was most of the time. Pre-nerf lopez was pretty bad though (wotlk)
Expect bias in posts because
Wotlk is the best thing since sliced bread

#45 Nisslol

Nisslol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Beast Mastery
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:59 AM

View PostVilerose, on 09 January 2013 - 02:30 AM, said:

• Remove interrupts + blankets.  It should be either/or.  CS and Spell Lock changes were a good start.  Silencing Shot and Spear Hand Strike need their silences removed as well.
  • Remove disrupting shout. No comment necessary.
  • Nerf instants.  Ice Lance could use a 20-25% damage nerf.  It also shouldn't proc off Frostfire Bolt, and should have a lower proc chance on Frozen Orb.  Same goes for some of the other classes' instant casts - both damage and healing.  Blizz can just give the instants some random secondary effect to make sure they're actually used in PvE.
  • Buff casts.  All else equal, Frostbolt should do more damage than Ice Lance.  Buff Lightning Bolt, etc. as well.
  • Reduce stun durations.  The proper way to go about it is to give the longer stuns the deep freeze treatment, by taking them off GCD but reducing duration by 1 second.
  • Remove some instant-cast AOE CCs.  Make POM not work with Ring of Frost, and reduce Ring of Frost cast to 1.25-1.5 seconds baseline (from 2seconds). Give Blinding Light a similarly short casting time.

I agree with all of the above suggestions, would make the flow of the game a lot better and less frustrating for each side. What do you propose in place of Disrupting Shout?

Popped a molly, I'm sweating.

View PostRizzo, on 07 April 2011 - 04:00 AM, said:

World of Cantcastunlessitsinstantcraft:  CCataclysm

View PostAyrasaurus, on 18 May 2013 - 04:23 PM, said:

im an idiot

#46 Ctuhlu

Ctuhlu
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:53 AM

View PostCrawthz, on 08 January 2013 - 03:37 PM, said:

No, but you'd be almost stun immune with casting stuff like Mind Blast, Lava Burst ect.. And you'd be able to top yourself after the lockout anyways.

But you wouldn't be doing any healing, so what would be the point in stunning the healer?

Fourreur said:

we have to switch to them making the decision to pop reck or not to pop reck

#47 saffie

saffie
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Destruction 0/1/2/0/2/1
  • RBG: 2112

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:35 AM

They more or less never change damage of the spells that could effect pve in anyway, for example I wouldn't mind dots doing more damage and haunt/mg doing less, or as destro incinerate doing more damage chaos bolt/fel flame doing less, but that would change pve too much.

#48 Crawthz

Crawthz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1982
  • 3v3: 2412
  • 5v5: 287
  • RBG: 2258
  • LocationFinland

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:57 AM

View PostCtuhlu, on 09 January 2013 - 07:53 AM, said:

But you wouldn't be doing any healing, so what would be the point in stunning the healer?

Well yea, true.

But then I'd turn it around and cast those Mind Blast/Lava Burst to reduce stun on me and heal with only instants when trained. And still I'd be unkillable. I don't think I'd be able to kill someone with only a lockout, some meleecleaves would possibly be able to though.
www.twitch.tv/crawthz - Gladiator Frostmage stream, please follow!

#49 McMick1137

McMick1137
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Windwalker 2/0/1/2/2/1
  • RBG: 1972

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:38 AM

OPs idea is pwetty zick tbh, although you'd have to make the stun reduction something like 20-35% to not give casters an insane advantage, i especially see how this could work with the incoming nerf to blanket interrupts it would really promote knowing when to- and not to cast.
Fucking well sick idea OP, I think im falling in love with you.
Did you know I pmuch played with Jballer? That pmuch makes me famous. He pmuch even said I'm pmuch a legit contender for R1, I'm pmuch already famous before I even got my first 1#.
Peace Heaumes, yoloOnce ;-) :$

#50 Ctuhlu

Ctuhlu
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:59 AM

View Postsaffie, on 09 January 2013 - 08:35 AM, said:

They more or less never change damage of the spells that could effect pve in anyway, for example I wouldn't mind dots doing more damage and haunt/mg doing less, or as destro incinerate doing more damage chaos bolt/fel flame doing less, but that would change pve too much.

This is the main reason behind the logic of my original post. Ideally Blizzard would just reduce instant cast damage, buff casted damage, get rid of a bunch of stuns, reduce the duration of all instant CC, etc etc etc.

But that involves so much individual change that EVEN IF it's what's best for the game, it's just not feasible given Blizzard's laissez-faire attitude to PVP balance. Not to mention the profound impacts on PVE that those changes would have. This idea would have zero impact on PVE while also not requiring individual attention on each skill and each class. One change to rule them all, so to speak.

Fourreur said:

we have to switch to them making the decision to pop reck or not to pop reck

#51 Hackattack3

Hackattack3
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1609
  • 3v3: 1792
  • RBG: 2050

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:01 PM

View PostCtuhlu, on 09 January 2013 - 11:59 AM, said:

This is the main reason behind the logic of my original post. Ideally Blizzard would just reduce instant cast damage, buff casted damage, get rid of a bunch of stuns, reduce the duration of all instant CC, etc etc etc.

Although I really like your idea and outside the box thinking, I don't think the game needs such a large overhaul.  We are a few tweaks from having one of the most balanced competitive seasons I can remember.

Step 1:  remove 25% of stuns in the game, already a much better game.  

Step 2:  don't buff rdruids healing coming out of cc chains, instead tone down shammys & hpals.

Step 3:  tone down some of the melee mobility and give them passive damage mitigation in return.  Giving casters the ability to get range on melee to dps increases the skillcap compared to today's instant spam.

Random Idea:  Buff the 2 min on use trinket.  It's difficult to decide sometimes when to trinket b/c you are eating a wave of 3-4sec stuns and cc, what if when you use your 2 min trinket you are immune to cc for 4~6 sec.  Granted if you make the immunity too high it will lead to more CD stacking by dps mongos.

#52 Pradafiend

Pradafiend
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 2351

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:21 PM

Posted Image

#53 deprivelol

deprivelol