#1 Ctuhlu

Ctuhlu
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:20 PM

I just had this idea and as far as I know I have never seen it presented before. It's a bit strange but I think it could work. Bare with me. This idea seeks to reduce the effectiveness of things that aren't interrupts but interrupt anyway (stuns, incaps) while at the same time giving a use to casting again.

Basically, what if any stun or incapacitate applied to you WHILE you are casting has a 50% reduced duration. Before you flame this, think about it; it would accomplish several things:

For one, it would put some thought back into using stuns. Saving a Kidney Shot for when a Shaman uses Riptide or a totem instead of just mindlessly using your CC after the previous CC ends.

Two, it would allow interrupts to be the main source of interrupting again. A Priest channeling spells can still be interrupted, you just have to decide if your Pummel missed, whether it's worth using a DR'd stun to stop the cast.

Three, it gives healers and casters an incentive to cast -- as stun-protection -- if they know the enemy's actual interrupts are down. This alone would bring juking back into the meta-game.

And four, it would deepen the metagame and raise the skillcap. Instead of having "I interrupted his Nature", or "I juked his kick", you could also have "I casted his HoJ". It would create a way to lessen the impact of instant CC without making sweeping class changes to each individual stun. It's also important to note that based on the damage of instant casts usually being as high or higher than casted spells, this wouldn't cause casters to do more damage -- it would just promote more skilled play for both melee and casters.

Edited by Ctuhlu, 08 January 2013 - 12:20 PM.

Fourreur said:

we have to switch to them making the decision to pop reck or not to pop reck

#2 Saikx

Saikx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arcane 0/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 2137
  • 3v3: 2624
  • RBG: 2184

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:27 PM

nerf mongoloid gods in plate aka warriors, fixed.

Posted Image

Visit my stream: http://www.twitch.tv/saikx

#3 deprivelol

deprivelol

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:48 PM

n them jesus cats

#4 Nisslol

Nisslol
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 2002
  • 3v3: 2636
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:13 PM

View PostSaikx, on 08 January 2013 - 12:27 PM, said:

mages complaining about warriors, I thought I'd never live up to that moment

Popped a molly, I'm sweating.

View PostRizzo, on 07 April 2011 - 04:00 AM, said:

World of Cantcastunlessitsinstantcraft:  CCataclysm

View PostAyrasaurus, on 18 May 2013 - 04:23 PM, said:

im an idiot

#5 ApplejackxD

ApplejackxD
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Discipline
  • RBG: 2371

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:17 PM

I think this seems like a good idea to be honest.
Posted Image

#6 Galaleo

Galaleo
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:40 PM

I like your post OP and think its actually something to give some thought too! However, this is the real issue here.

#7 Draakex

Draakex
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Holy 1/2/1/0/1/0
  • RBG: 1149
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:59 PM

^this
between warbringer, shockwave, disrupting shout, pummel, spell-reflect, fear (rinse and repeat) they have way to much to lock down casters

Posted Image

#8 Jinngofagswag

Jinngofagswag
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Unholy 2/0/2/0/0/2
  • RBG: 2149

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:01 PM

Would just make it another caster season imo...

#9 Crawthz

Crawthz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 576
  • LocationFinland

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:02 PM

Potential to make healers immortal.
Problem is melee having 100% uptime with multiple interrupts and gap closers stopping casts.

With this you would always need a silence before stunning a healer. Without silence (like WMD/S in 5.2) I would as a healer fakecast all the time to DR the stun. If I'd get interrupted, I'd cast from something from another spellschool.
So this would never work.

Edited by Crawthz, 08 January 2013 - 02:13 PM.

www.twitch.tv/crawthz - Gladiator Frostmage stream, please follow!

#10 Snuggli

Snuggli
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Steamwheedle Cartel
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 1925
  • 3v3: 2209
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationUK

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:36 PM

So basically, I hardcast nourish 24/7 incase they decide to use a stun as CC?

It's a cool idea but would require far too much change and would be hard to get used too, and would be a kinda weird playstyle. It'd promote low mana cost heal spamming though even if nobody needs heals.

Edited by Snuggli, 08 January 2013 - 02:36 PM.

View PostBraindance, on 11 October 2013 - 12:44 PM, said:

Go listen to some Bieber shit and leave me alone fucko.

#11 Coldizzle

Coldizzle
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Nemesis
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1245
  • 3v3: 2285
  • RBG: 2003

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:43 PM

nerf warriors/ferals dmg then we can cast
why dmg? i just feel like if i stop to fake anything and stop quiting i just die.

#12 Ctuhlu

Ctuhlu
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:50 PM

View PostSnuggli, on 08 January 2013 - 02:36 PM, said:

So basically, I hardcast nourish 24/7 incase they decide to use a stun as CC?

It's a cool idea but would require far too much change and would be hard to get used too, and would be a kinda weird playstyle. It'd promote low mana cost heal spamming though even if nobody needs heals.

If you're hardcasting Nourish 24/7 you're going to be hard locked 24/7. If you're getting trained and casting Nourish, you will need to heal after the 5-7 seconds of being locked out. Casting Nourish coming out of that isn't going to help you.

I would as a healer fakecast all the time to DR the stun. If I'd get interrupted, I'd cast from something from another spellschool.
So this would never work.

Healers can't heal with a secondary school. If they could then yeah, totally, this would be a problem. But they can't.

Fourreur said:

we have to switch to them making the decision to pop reck or not to pop reck

#13 Crawthz

Crawthz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 576
  • LocationFinland

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:37 PM

View PostCtuhlu, on 08 January 2013 - 02:50 PM, said:

Healers can't heal with a secondary school. If they could then yeah, totally, this would be a problem. But they can't.

No, but you'd be almost stun immune with casting stuff like Mind Blast, Lava Burst ect.. And you'd be able to top yourself after the lockout anyways.
www.twitch.tv/crawthz - Gladiator Frostmage stream, please follow!

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/1/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 2055
  • 3v3: 2436

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:59 PM

View PostNisslol, on 08 January 2013 - 01:13 PM, said:

mages complaining about warriors, I thought I'd never live up to that moment
so clueless

#15 abtronic

abtronic
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/0/1/0
  • 3v3: 1335

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:02 PM

A lot of the melee classes needs to get nerfed in terms of lockdown. BUT casting needs to be more rewarding. Not in any case should you benefit from jumping around spamming instants. Mages used to be such a cool class when it completely revovled around setting up a burst for you and your team. The way it is right now with nether tempest is just.........

SP is the only class that actually has to cast something, and see how strong they are. You can definitely make casters cast more without making them useless.
Streaming daily on www.twitch.tv/hoodstaryo
www.facebook.com/hoodstargaming
www.youtube.com/hoodstargaming

#16 affix

affix
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost
  • RBG: 2479

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:37 PM

View Postabtronic, on 08 January 2013 - 05:02 PM, said:

A lot of the melee classes needs to get nerfed in terms of lockdown. BUT casting needs to be more rewarding. Not in any case should you benefit from jumping around spamming instants. Mages used to be such a cool class when it completely revovled around setting up a burst for you and your team. The way it is right now with nether tempest is just.........
Frost Bomb was rewarding to cast and everyone hated it because it apparently did too much damage.  Not saying I disagree, but I feel like as soon as Mages actually have spells worth casting, people complain about them.

#17 zsuper

zsuper
  • Junkies
  • Unknown Raceclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/2

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:42 PM

I think (almost) every melee's damage needs to be toned down, while Warriors' damage needs to be reduced along with their anti-caster utility.

If we reduced Warrior, Hunter, Feral, Death Knights, and (sort-of) Monk damage to decent levels, they would be forced to play well in order to win. As it stands, any one of these classes/specs can just tunnel a healer and keep it below 50% or near death for most of the game, and then randomly get good RNG and kill it without landing any interrupts or setting up a kill.

And before someone whines that DKs don't need nerfs, I do agree that they need better melee survivability, but their sustained damage is really high. When I encounter a good DK, the pressure it has on my healer feels like a Warrior with cooldowns popped at most times.

Edited by zsuper, 08 January 2013 - 05:45 PM.

#18 Polizei

Polizei
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:52 PM

I think the OPs idea has certain depth to it which could possibly change the metagame very deeply into a better direction. Sure it would promote another caster season in PvP, but with more active countermeasures it could be overcome.
<poliisi mies kerho>

#19 affix

affix
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost
  • RBG: 2479

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:17 PM

View Postzsuper, on 08 January 2013 - 05:42 PM, said:

I think (almost) every melee's damage needs to be toned down, while Warriors' damage needs to be reduced along with their anti-caster utility.

If we reduced Warrior, Hunter, Feral, Death Knights, and (sort-of) Monk damage to decent levels, they would be forced to play well in order to win. As it stands, any one of these classes/specs can just tunnel a healer and keep it below 50% or near death for most of the game, and then randomly get good RNG and kill it without landing any interrupts or setting up a kill.

And before someone whines that DKs don't need nerfs, I do agree that they need better melee survivability, but their sustained damage is really high. When I encounter a good DK, the pressure it has on my healer feels like a Warrior with cooldowns popped at most times.
It's about uptime, not actual DPS or burst damage, IMO.  Ferals and Warriors and Hunters rarely get kited nowadays.  Their uptime is higher than ever so they generate more resources so they never stop doing damage.

#20 Jokerplex

Jokerplex
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/0/2/1/1

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:46 PM

In this thread i saw people complaining about hunters damage

One of the few classes in this game that can never kill a healer / or make them oom

xd

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<