• Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Azjol-Nerub
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/1/2/2/1
  • RBG: 1595
  • LocationSweden

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:46 AM

Hello

I've recently started a Youtube channel and am now looking to get the word out.
The channel is mostly centered around windwalker monk PvP videos including arena footage, tips and guides including how to setup your monk and what ability rotation to use. I will be putting out updated guides when patch 5.2 hits about the the new talents and spells and how I use them.

My channel youtube.com/user/PassadoGaming

Please leave me some feedback, and I hope you enjoy :)

Thanks
Passado

#2 Passado

Passado
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Azjol-Nerub
  • Blackout
  • LocationSweden

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:55 PM

Just put up another video regarding windwalker monk macros and keybinds.
Check it out at youtube.com/watch?v=v2N-AB6Fr8o
Thank you :)

• Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Unholy 2/0/2/0/0/2
  • RBG: 1866

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:03 PM

You can embed videos by typing [ media ]*insert video url here*&feature=embedded[ /media ]

Without the spaces in between the brackets of course.
Posted Image

#4 Passado

Passado
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Azjol-Nerub
  • Blackout
  • LocationSweden

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:38 PM

View Postnoobie25, on 06 January 2013 - 04:03 PM, said:

You can embed videos by typing [ media ]*insert video url here*&feature=embedded[ /media ]

Without the spaces in between the brackets of course.

Thanks for the comment, I will do it in the future :)

#5 Passado

Passado
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Azjol-Nerub
  • Blackout
  • LocationSweden

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:20 PM

New video out about tactics when dueling Frost Death Knights. Leave me some feedback and let me know if you want to see more dueling guides! Thank you :)
youtube.com/watch?v=Uf8hy3llpyY    (Had some issues with embedding the video)

//Passado

• Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:57 PM

Here you go:

Try adding as an URL next time (post option, the little thingy looking like 2 chain links with a green '+' underneath).
Posted Image

#7 Passado

Passado
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Azjol-Nerub
  • Blackout
  • LocationSweden

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:41 PM

I made a server and faction change for a couple reasons that i go over in the video. Go leave me a comment :)

#8 Neosaurfang

Neosaurfang
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Blood 2/1/2/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1656
  • 3v3: 2418
  • 5v5: 2203
  • RBG: 1
  • LocationGoldshire

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:52 PM

You should kick the death knight at his face so he gets silenced 4 seconds, then fist of fury so he is forced to trinket, unless he choose not to at all. then if they trinket you disarm them when they do that you follow up with touch of karma (or you wait for him to trinket) so any damage he does to you will make him take damage instead of you, so he will pretty much need to stop damage unless he wants to kill himself with it. and just tiger lust to break his slow, or when getting kited because it breaks a root/slow. there is alot more you can do, and i love WW monks and i think they are out of reach already if they can be played well, further buffs will just make them even better.  

i get resses off in 2's in my monk against malevolent players when im still in greens when my partner dies just by kiting them and healing myself to full. it's insane.
Posted Image

• Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:53 PM

View PostNeosaurfang, on 13 January 2013 - 10:52 PM, said:

You should kick the death knight at his face so he gets silenced 4 seconds, then fist of fury so he is forced to trinket, unless he choose not to at all. then if they trinket you disarm them when they do that you follow up with touch of karma (or you wait for him to trinket) so any damage he does to you will make him take damage instead of you, so he will pretty much need to stop damage unless he wants to kill himself with it. and just tiger lust to break his slow, or when getting kited because it breaks a root/slow. there is alot more you can do, and i love WW monks and i think they are out of reach already if they can be played well, further buffs will just make them even better.  

i get resses off in 2's in my monk against malevolent players when im still in greens when my partner dies just by kiting them and healing myself to full. it's insane.

Some of this is true. Most of it isn't.

Fists of Fury is a very good way of getting IBF. SHS is too short to be meaningful in any way if used on the dk. You should keep karma for when you need it, not for when your cc chain ends. Don't Tiger's Lust randomly on CoI because you can just get rooted again instantly and you'll have wasted a 30s cd for nothing.

PS: me and my Monk are up for wargaming w/e if you wanna get some more exp. We can give pointers as well that way. You can PM me for ID
Posted Image

#10 Passado

Passado
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Azjol-Nerub
  • Blackout
  • LocationSweden

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:30 AM

I completely agree with you Applebloom. Preemptively using defensive cooldowns when your opponent hasnt even prepared any burst is a complete waste. Generally wait for when your cooldown is needed rather than whenever your opponent can attack you at all. I mean think about how much passive healing windwalkers can do. If you keep using expel harm and chi wave, you wont need touch of karma that early. Wait until he uses his damage cooldowns, your disarm has run out on him and you dont have any more CC.

I dont claim to be the best monk ever, Im far from it, but I think you need to use some common sense before you instantly use cooldowns without a good reason. :P No offense. I hope my video didnt give any wrong impressions.

#11 Neosaurfang

Neosaurfang
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationGoldshire

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:44 AM

What i ment was, if you SHS then fury he cant IBF because he is silenced, so if he wants out he either has to desecrate or use trinket. if he trinkets you got a 100% guaranteed disarm when needed. ::))))
Posted Image

#12 Neosaurfang

Neosaurfang
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationGoldshire

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:45 AM

also reason i mentioned karma was because i don't think he mentioned using karma against death knights. :^^
Posted Image

#13 Passado

Passado
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Azjol-Nerub
  • Blackout
  • LocationSweden

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:07 AM

Ah I can see your point there. I havent tried the blanket silence into stun. Glad to get some tips from a DK ^^ Yeah I didnt mention Touch of Karma, good point. But I feel like it is way too situational to pinpoint a single time to use it. Against DKs you can often stop a lot of their damage or keep healing to make it even out, but if you find a situation where you cant, then you can karma, just be careful not to karma into their anti magic shell. I should maybe have mentioned that. My bad :)

• Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:02 AM

Any half decent DK will not run out of immunities before the duel ends unless he kites around all day.
Posted Image

#15 Passado

Passado
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Azjol-Nerub
  • Blackout
  • LocationSweden

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:14 AM

What kind of immunities do you mean? I may be wrong (Im a bit tired atm) but I can think of Anti-Magic Shell and Icebound Fortitude which give immunities atm and these dont last extremely long. Unless they can do enough damage to finish you quickly, which they shouldnt if you keep healing yourself, use touch of karma and use Fortifying Brew, they will almost certainly run out before the duel ends. And even so, Anti magic shell is not a big issue to windwalker monk unless you touch of karma right into it.

I may be completely wrong but this is what it seems like to me :P

• Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:24 PM

first fists of fury: DesG
second fists of fury: IBF
third fists of fury: Trinket (do it the right way and you can outrange it before it ticks again)
fourth fists of fury: sit full

ye idk if you need 4 FoFs to kill a dk then you're doing something wrong.
Posted Image

#17 Passado

Passado
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Azjol-Nerub
  • Blackout
  • LocationSweden

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:10 PM

I assume by DesG you mean Desecrated Ground? If so, I wont run Diffuse Magic, I'll run Healing Elixers which means even more healing for me! :D Im not to bothered about CCing the DK (especially if I can get a full disarm on him whenever i want) if I can out heal his damage or kill him through any other means. I see your point though :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Windwalker, Monk, Guide, Tips, Help, Video, DPS, Arena, PvP, Kill

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<