• Curse Sites
Help

Healers in the absence of silences (5.2)

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#41 khuna

khuna
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Assassination 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1942

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:46 AM

Didnt read the thread yet but this change is fucking stupid and i hope it never goes live

#42 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 1/2/0/2/2/2/.
  • 2v2: 2246
  • 3v3: 2532

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:15 AM

View PostDjandawg, on 04 January 2013 - 09:43 AM, said:

What's going to happen is,,comps with 2 melee, each having 4+ ways to stop healing, will tunnel healers freely because the other healer can't fall behind in healing and can always assist, freedom/dispels etc due to lack of blankets to stop.
Exactly, but unfortunately most of the people screaming about how this will be the best way to improve arena either play melee cleave or just have ridiculous bias against casters and their cc

The cyclone dr change achieves exactly the same thing, and if they ever put fear on the same dr as polymorph then that will be another retarded completely unnecessary buff to melee cleave

but yea, all the retards gloating over the removal of mages and warlock wizard cleave from arena are in for a lovely surprise next patch after their first game vs shadow priest ele shaman resto driuid/holy pala :)

View PostPouncedd, on 12 June 2014 - 01:51 AM, said:

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper and have looked at the numbers comparatively for almost every class

View PostJontex, on 23 June 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#43 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:17 AM

You mean after their 20 games in a row vs hunter/melee/healer or melee/melee/healer
Default UI Scripts - Compilation & how-to

#44 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:26 AM

View PostThaya, on 04 January 2013 - 11:17 AM, said:

You mean after their 20 games in a row vs hunter/melee/healer or melee/melee/healer
:D

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper and have looked at the numbers comparatively for almost every class

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#45 Pritchard

Pritchard
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/0

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:38 PM

View PostThaya, on 04 January 2013 - 11:17 AM, said:

Maybe one day they will DR interrupts, or fix them in some other way so that brain dead comps can't zerg.

TSG is laughable casting wise:  Charge/Warbringer, Pummel, Disrupting Shout, Mind Freeze, Death Grip rinse repeat.
Kitty Cleave etc all pmuch same.

#46 Saikx

Saikx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arcane 0/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 2137
  • 3v3: 2624
  • RBG: 2184

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:46 PM

when they nerf the mongoloid gods in plate that have alone 7 rotateable interrupts and fucking jesus cats that have a cyclone procc on every global they do then maybe but only maybe any mage would consider to fakecast.

Atm its just not worth it to fakecast since you will have to outfake ~10 rotateable interrupt abilities when mongoloid plategods or jesuscats are on you, which are btw in 99% of the teams you meet now GUESS WHY

inb4 feral/warrior defending their class, cy@ faggots

edit: oh and on topic, removing silence from mages will just make the gap between them and shadows even bigger, another indirect buff to shadowpriest I mean they arent god status enough yet(why would you ever take mage now when you can have a shadowbuddha in your team?), stupid mongoloids at blizzard sometimes I really wonder if they even play their own game or if they just calculate numbers

Edited by Saikx, 04 January 2013 - 01:30 PM.

Posted Image

Visit my stream: http://www.twitch.tv/saikx

#47 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:16 PM

View PostSaikx, on 04 January 2013 - 12:46 PM, said:

mongoloid plategods

View PostSaikx, on 04 January 2013 - 12:46 PM, said:

fucking jesus cats
Great post

#48 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:18 PM

Posted Image

#49 deprivelol

deprivelol

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:20 PM

View PostThaya, on 04 January 2013 - 01:18 PM, said:

Posted Image

LOL

#50 Nearz

Nearz
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Rashgarroth
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:23 PM

Well, if they nerf heal again, that will be a good thing that there is less silence.
But they're doing it wrong again... First, they added mutltiple CS to all classes.
Let's remember the time where only locks, mages, rogues and warriors had interrupts.
Back then, fakecasting was valuable.
Now you fakecast to get stun, kicked by the zone kick of warriors (WTF?), charge, bash, clone, bloodfear, deep etc...
Seriously, only writing this is getting on my nerves.
How can a dev be so stupid? This is beyond human comprehension...

#51 Shadowtiger

Shadowtiger
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Stormreaver
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:45 PM

View PostClaynz, on 04 January 2013 - 02:14 AM, said:

There is almost no fake casting anymore, fake casting in my opinion is a small skill factor were you play mind games with the opponent. Fake casting separated bad/good healers/caster dps but nowdays everything is instant on both healer and dps side.

Almost every class have also been simplified a good example there is warrior, before you had to "Stance Dance" now they just sit one stance with 25% dmg reduction hitting abilities in right rotation with insane mobility & dmg.
It's this kinda stuff i miss  separate good from bad players. Bladey r1 war on cyclone atm told me he considered quitting because the game is too easy.

They should make every class very hard to master so it gives players space to improve on, i think blizzard did a lot of fine changes for pvp in MoP but there is still a lot to improve on.

And fucking change the Honor system... need to grind like 40k honor to get full honor gear on alts + upgrades, no wonder why people bot i don't blame them. Bring back old AV were you summon Ice Lord & Forest Lord etc those fun BGs were you get honor for killing and if you kill a high ranked player you get even more honor.

Amen on that.

#52 Drcooperphd

Drcooperphd
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Elemental 1/1/2/2/0/2
  • RBG: 1152

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:56 PM

It'll be like the totem change never happened. :duckers:

#53 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:05 PM

View PostDrcooperphd, on 04 January 2013 - 01:56 PM, said:

It'll be like the totem change never happened. :duckers:
everyone smart will just reroll shadow priest, so no sorry :D

#54 Nearz

Nearz
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Rashgarroth
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:29 PM

View PostDizzeeyo, on 04 January 2013 - 02:05 PM, said:

Blizzard should remove those "new" CS not "old" ones...

#55 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

View PostNearz, on 04 January 2013 - 02:29 PM, said:

Blizzard should remove those "new" CS not "old" ones...
smartest post yet

but will never happen so never mind :(

#56 wtfbro

wtfbro
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Crushridge
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/.

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:40 PM

View PostDizzeeyo, on 04 January 2013 - 02:05 PM, said:

omg stop complaining about a 45 second cd silence when you have a 20 second better one that does the same shit and interrupts for 6 seconds if u get the cast

#57 Fleinflex

Fleinflex
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/0/2
  • RBG: 1707
  • LocationNorway

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:40 PM

View PostClaynz, on 04 January 2013 - 02:14 AM, said:

There is almost no fake casting anymore, fake casting in my opinion is a small skill factor were you play mind games with the opponent. Fake casting separated bad/good healers/caster dps but nowdays everything is instant on both healer and dps side.

Almost every class have also been simplified a good example there is warrior, before you had to "Stance Dance" now they just sit one stance with 25% dmg reduction hitting abilities in right rotation with insane mobility & dmg.
It's this kinda stuff i miss  separate good from bad players. Bladey r1 war on cyclone atm told me he considered quitting because the game is too easy.

They should make every class very hard to master so it gives players space to improve on, i think blizzard did a lot of fine changes for pvp in MoP but there is still a lot to improve on.

And fucking change the Honor system... need to grind like 40k honor to get full honor gear on alts + upgrades, no wonder why people bot i don't blame them. Bring back old AV were you summon Ice Lord & Forest Lord etc those fun BGs were you get honor for killing and if you kill a high ranked player you get even more honor.

I could not agree more my friend!
Posted Image

#58 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:41 PM

View Postwtfbro, on 04 January 2013 - 02:40 PM, said:

omg stop complaining about a 45 second cd silence when you have a 20 second better one that does the same shit and interrupts for 6 seconds if u get the cast
how was i complaining lol? my spriest is already lvl 84 so its fine :D

#59 Pritchard

Pritchard
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/0

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

View Postwtfbro, on 04 January 2013 - 02:40 PM, said:

but it won't after the patch, is what he is getting at i would assume

#60 Nightmonkey

Nightmonkey
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/0/0
  • RBG: 1999

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:02 PM

View PostXtraT, on 04 January 2013 - 02:16 PM, said:

itt: mages mad, everyone else happy. Gonna be great to be able to cast after faking some nub mage.

This, so very, very much.

I read the first post like the OP was on a presidential campaign or something, trying to rally the support of his Mage and Wizard brethren.  There's no way this topic could have ever gone differently.

Whoever was talking about having to do skillful CC and perfect coordination at the end of WotLK while playing wizard cleave, you are delusional.  Just because you played a less powerful version of the comp doesn't mean everyone else did.  Let us never forget that the term wizard cleave was coined just after S6 when the wizards really came into power.  That didn't happen because wizard damage and control was balanced.

Then someone, probably the same person, went on to say that people who cry about wizard cleave are bad and people who cry about melee cleave are good.  Am I being trolled?  Or is he really that biased and delusional?

Two classes that have traditionally been among the strongest for the past 11 seasons are finally being brought in line with everyone else, and they are none too pleased about it.  One of my characters is a warlock, and if I have to get a nerf to see mages also get the nerf stick - I say bring it on.

Edited by Nightmonkey, 04 January 2013 - 05:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<