• Curse Sites
Help

Healers in the absence of silences (5.2)

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#101 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:45 AM

View Postpripripriest, on 06 January 2013 - 12:44 AM, said:

you r forgetting back then, as in wotlk, blanket was reduced by class talents like unbreakable will for priests. it was barely 2 secs vs 8 secs lock out. now it's just a flat win button as it grants 4 secs
no actually, before wotlk most talents were a chance to resist the silence, not reduce the duration

View PostPouncedd, on 12 June 2014 - 01:51 AM, said:

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper and have looked at the numbers comparatively for almost every class

View PostJontex, on 23 June 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#102 ROKMODE

ROKMODE

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:10 AM

I always thought blanket silences were a stupid design. It's always been a crutch system. You fuck up your interrupt or get it faked, and you still have a crutch blanket to rely on. The game is usually designed around it though, so it's usually not smart to mess with those kinds of core mechanics. I can't comment on the state of the game now though.
Expect bias in posts because
Wotlk is the best thing since sliced bread

#103 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:26 AM

View PostClassiks, on 06 January 2013 - 12:44 AM, said:

Doesnt matter, mages are not the only ones who think they "deserve" the one shot if they target something while spamming (srsly spamming) every cc they have blankets 1/4th sheeps 1/4th fears whatever which is stupid, on the healer WHILE KILLING HIM!

need to gut half the cc in this game and remove instant cc and instant casts (to an extent atleast make them less powerful).

yus make every game melee cleave vs melee cleave, no cc, whoever crits the most wins!

View PostPouncedd, on 12 June 2014 - 01:51 AM, said:

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper and have looked at the numbers comparatively for almost every class

View PostJontex, on 23 June 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#104 inhume

inhume
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Combat

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:39 AM

wonder how long spriests will continue to be gods before they are the ones on the nerf bat end.

#105 kannetixx

kannetixx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Fire
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationFlorida yee

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:14 AM

View PostClassiks, on 06 January 2013 - 12:44 AM, said:

Doesnt matter, mages are not the only ones who think they "deserve" the one shot if they target something while spamming (srsly spamming) every cc they have blankets 1/4th sheeps 1/4th fears whatever which is stupid, on the healer WHILE KILLING HIM!

need to gut half the cc in this game and remove instant cc and instant casts (to an extent atleast make them less powerful).

then get rid of 90% of the interrupts in the game.
US-Kel'Thuzad - Kannetix

http://www.anook.com/kannetix

www.twitch.tv/kannetix - Gladiator Mage Stream follow me and see when i go live!

#106 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:18 AM

View Postkannetixx, on 07 January 2013 - 04:14 AM, said:

then get rid of 90% of the interrupts in the game.
Why are interrupts bad? Stuns etc are yes, but why interrupt? It's not like it's a free lockout

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#107 kannetixx

kannetixx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • LocationFlorida yee

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:46 AM

View PostBraindance, on 07 January 2013 - 04:18 AM, said:

Why are interrupts bad? Stuns etc are yes, but why interrupt? It's not like it's a free lockout

there are too many of them that is why .. ive used this example before and i ll use it again suppose you're going against a shaman TSG as a caster

you have to deal with
pummel
garrote
2 grips
grounding
shock

before you can actually get a cast off and if the team is smart then you are simply playing the juke game while being trained into the ground granted you have teammates for CC's and such but interrupts / silences in general are a bit out of control with quite a few comps.
US-Kel'Thuzad - Kannetix

www.twitch.tv/kannetix - Gladiator Mage Stream follow me and see when i go live!

#108 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:03 AM

View Postkannetixx, on 07 January 2013 - 04:46 AM, said:

there are too many of them that is why .. ive used this example before and i ll use it again suppose you're going against a shaman TSG as a caster

you have to deal with
pummel
garrote
2 grips
grounding
shock

before you can actually get a cast off and if the team is smart then you are simply playing the juke game while being trained into the ground granted you have teammates for CC's and such but interrupts / silences in general are a bit out of control with quite a few comps.
That's what I am saying - interrupts are ok. The other things u described are not (grip, garrote, etc). You should be rewarded for landing an interrupt because it's not foolproof

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

#109 Pritchard

Pritchard
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/0

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:07 AM

View PostBraindance, on 07 January 2013 - 05:03 AM, said:

That's what I am saying - interrupts are ok. The other things u described are not (grip, garrote, etc). You should be rewarded for landing an interrupt because it's not foolproof

they are interrupting you from casting, and is their primary function (except for death grip)

#110 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:34 AM

View Posthairpiece, on 07 January 2013 - 05:07 AM, said:

they are interrupting you from casting, and is their primary function (except for death grip)
I am talking about interrupt like pummel, kick etc not silences like garrote or stuns or grips etc.

#111 kannetixx

kannetixx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • LocationFlorida yee

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:19 AM

View PostBraindance, on 07 January 2013 - 05:03 AM, said:

you're right i was basically generalizing all of those together in a way if that makes sense ..
basically there are way too many ways to stop casts right now that instants run rampant which is just bad game design overall

soon we will see every class getting aura mastery to combat the interrupts / abilities to stop casting.
US-Kel'Thuzad - Kannetix

#112 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:29 AM

View Postkannetixx, on 07 January 2013 - 06:19 AM, said:

you're right i was basically generalizing all of those together in a way if that makes sense ..
basically there are way too many ways to stop casts right now that instants run rampant which is just bad game design overall

soon we will see every class getting aura mastery to combat the interrupts / abilities to stop casting.
it's not only  that - they put too many interrupt and moving like casting skills and interrupt immunities. Dunno, they have to remove all that cc and some of the cc counter to balance it a bit. At the other hand I don't want to go back to BC with pummel  on gcd - it's too hard to actually balance it now b/c they have to remove too many things,

#113 Synkz

Synkz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blood Furnace
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/0/0/2/.

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:34 AM

i've always hated blanket interrupts

#114 kannetixx

kannetixx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • LocationFlorida yee

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:47 AM

View PostBraindance, on 07 January 2013 - 06:29 AM, said:

it's not only  that - they put too many interrupt and moving like casting skills and interrupt immunities. Dunno, they have to remove all that cc and some of the cc counter to balance it a bit. At the other hand I don't want to go back to BC with pummel  on gcd - it's too hard to actually balance it now b/c they have to remove too many things,

agreed its the blizzard way to try and make sense out of something by adding something else then that something else has to have another thing to counter it and its just a vicious cycle of non sense.
US-Kel'Thuzad - Kannetix

#115 bIlliAn

bIlliAn
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:41 PM

View PostClaynz, on 04 January 2013 - 02:14 AM, said:

And fucking change the Honor system... need to grind like 40k honor to get full honor gear on alts + upgrades, no wonder why people bot i don't blame them. Bring back old AV were you summon Ice Lord & Forest Lord etc those fun BGs were you get honor for killing and if you kill a high ranked player you get even more honor.

Paying $30 for HonorBuddy fixes this problem.

As for RBG exploiting, THAT needs to be addressed.

Life is Good
Facebook | Bodyspace

#116 Claynz

Claynz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1344
  • LocationNorway

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:55 PM

View PostbIlliAn, on 07 January 2013 - 02:41 PM, said:

Herpderp i do use it, still sucks not like i want to.

#117 Rylexcamel

Rylexcamel
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/2/2/1/0
  • RBG: 1914

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

i belive blanket cs should stay, just lower the silence part to same as it was in wotlk (cuz of silence reduc talents) .
2 sec blanket cs should be good

Edited by Rylexcamel, 07 January 2013 - 06:08 PM.

#118 Bigmoran

Bigmoran
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2098
  • 3v3: 2507
  • 5v5: 2598
  • RBG: 2303

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:52 PM

View PostbIlliAn, on 07 January 2013 - 02:41 PM, said:

Kinda funny that the RBG windraiding is causing some collateral damage to people who aren't participating in the raiding at all. Apparently people in Abn's groups are getting bans because of accidentally spam queing into windraiding teams. :(

bigmoran | bobrosslol | skill-capped

#119 Trevo

Trevo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/2
  • RBG: 1340

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:08 PM

I gotta say that I really, really hate this change. The silence is very essential when I play my character, especially when it comes to defensive play. I don't like that you won't be able to stop incoming instant CC for yourself or your team, protect your novas, sheeps, deeps or well, say Ice Block vs mass dispel for example.

Healers or in fact all casters have their instants and rarely cast anyway, but yes I agree, it's not that great when you get insta ring into insta fear into insta blanket silence or whatever after that, that sucks balls when CS is used as an extra insta cc for the healer. Think that's why insta polies and rings, fears and whatever long instant cc should be removed in most parts.

Feels like they're nerfing or removing the good stuff and not touching the gay stuff.

just my 2 cents
Kebabman's everything

#120 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:06 AM

They could let the silences stay but make them DR.
Default UI Scripts - Compilation & how-to

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<