• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 1698

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:48 PM

WHATS UP WITH THAT?

Edited by J_DA, 03 January 2013 - 04:37 PM.

#2 Icekingx

Icekingx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2351

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:44 PM

Maybe blizzard will change this in 5.2. Really hate playing against spell caster teams that stand next to the healer when I have NT up on them and I need to get a poly T_T.

Rawrbertlol, on 14 June 2013 - 08:41 AM, said:

Best signatures on entire website.
Posted Image

#3 Coldizzle

Coldizzle
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Nemesis
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1245
  • 3v3: 2285
  • RBG: 2003

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:44 PM

the second effect of nt breaks poly fear rof etc

#4 Xhanon

Xhanon
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2280
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

Its good some things still breaks stuff like that i think, but they should still remove stuff like blind glyph, poly, scatter and trap etc

#5 affix

affix
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost
  • RBG: 2479

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:18 PM

View PostXhanon, on 03 January 2013 - 06:50 PM, said:

Its good some things still breaks stuff like that i think, but they should still remove stuff like blind glyph, poly, scatter and trap etc
can you explain why you think a spell we HAVE to use to do damage breaks CC uncontrollably?  like, we cast it on a dps, CC healer, and the DPS can just be anywhere close to the healer to break CC.  makes no sense.  lasts long enough that you can't just cast it on things that stay far away from the healer either...

#6 hertzuk

hertzuk
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Affliction
  • RBG: 2615
  • LocationUK

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:55 PM

having to think before doing damage what is this?

Edited by hertzuk, 03 January 2013 - 09:10 PM.

Posted Image

#7 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 1/2/0/2/2/2/.
  • 2v2: 2246
  • 3v3: 2532

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:49 PM

View Posthertzuk, on 03 January 2013 - 08:55 PM, said:

having to think before doing damage what is this?
next patch every time corruption ticks on a target it removes fear on any enemy target within a 20 yard radius

but thats ok, since then you have to think before you do damage

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 03 January 2013 - 09:49 PM.

View PostPouncedd, on 12 June 2014 - 01:51 AM, said:

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper and have looked at the numbers comparatively for almost every class

View PostJontex, on 23 June 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#8 Gimotqt

Gimotqt
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:03 PM

View PostDizzeeyo, on 03 January 2013 - 09:49 PM, said:

next patch every time corruption ticks on a target it removes fear on any enemy target within a 20 yard radius

corruption is not aoe spell but im probably wrong

#9 hertzuk

hertzuk
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • LocationUK

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:07 PM

View PostDizzeeyo, on 03 January 2013 - 09:49 PM, said:

I'm not sure if I am remembering correctly, but if I'm not mistaken there was definitely a long period (a whole expansion perhaps?) where fear broke off a single dot tick, from a class that had to apply 15 second DoT's to do damage.

Along with the previous 6(?) years of WoW where DoT's (up to 20+ seconds I believe) meant a target couldn't be blinded, poly'd, trapped.

Yes, I had to think before I did damage.

Edited by hertzuk, 03 January 2013 - 10:09 PM.

Posted Image

#10 Ermurazorqt

Ermurazorqt
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 768

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:10 PM

View Posthertzuk, on 03 January 2013 - 10:07 PM, said:

I'm not sure if I am remembering correctly, but if I'm not mistaken there was definitely a long period (a whole expansion perhaps?) where fear broke off a single dot tick, from a class that had to apply 15 second DoT's to do damage.

And I had to think before I did damage.

I've played warlock from Vanilla to MoP and I can never recall fear breaking from dots, most of the time it's been the opposite lol, full fears almost on fully dotted people, it never gets fixed.

#11 hertzuk

hertzuk
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • LocationUK

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:17 PM

View PostErmurazorqt, on 03 January 2013 - 10:10 PM, said:

I've played warlock from Vanilla to MoP and I can never recall fear breaking from dots, most of the time it's been the opposite lol, full fears almost on fully dotted people, it never gets fixed.

Definitely for most of wrath it would break off one UA/Corruption crit. Or a non crit tick of each.

Posted Image

#12 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:18 PM

View Posthertzuk, on 03 January 2013 - 10:07 PM, said:

Along with the previous 6(?) years of WoW where DoT's (up to 20+ seconds I believe) meant a target couldn't be blinded, poly'd, trapped.

Yes, I had to think before I did damage.

i think you missed the "breaks fear on every enemy within 20 yards every time it ticks" bit, i'm not just talking about corruption on a target that you are fearing

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper and have looked at the numbers comparatively for almost every class

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#13 hertzuk

hertzuk
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • LocationUK

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:20 PM

View PostDizzeeyo, on 03 January 2013 - 10:18 PM, said:

i think you missed the "breaks fear on every enemy within 20 yards every time it ticks" bit, i'm not just talking about corruption on a target that you are fearing

Yes, and how many times do warlocks not DoT every target they can.

Possibly when a target needed to be cc'ed.

Posted Image

#14 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:23 PM

View Posthertzuk, on 03 January 2013 - 10:20 PM, said:

Yes, and how many times do warlocks not DoT every target they can.

Possibly when a target needed to be cc'ed.

boring arguing with people who don't read replies and keep repeating what they are saying

View Postaffix, on 03 January 2013 - 08:18 PM, said:

can you explain why you think a spell we HAVE to use to do damage breaks CC uncontrollably?  like, we cast it on a dps, CC healer, and the DPS can just be anywhere close to the healer to break CC.  makes no sense.  lasts long enough that you can't just cast it on things that stay far away from the healer either...

like he said, to do damage as a mage with nether tempest you need to have nether tempest up on one target, or you do 0 damage. having nether tempest up on one target makes their entire team immune to polymorph if they are not retarded and dont stack up on the cced target. do you understand what mages are complaining about now?

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 03 January 2013 - 10:25 PM.

#15 hertzuk

hertzuk
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • LocationUK

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:25 PM

View PostDizzeeyo, on 03 January 2013 - 10:23 PM, said:

boring arguing with people who don't read replies and keep repeating what they are saying

read your reply, replied to it.

Understandably the situation differs slightly, in that your DPS spell on one target is causing CC on the other to break.

However the principle is the same, intelligently sacrifice damage for CC.

Seemingly this is a silly remark to make in the current meta game? Sacrificing damage, who would do such a thing?!

Edited by hertzuk, 03 January 2013 - 10:30 PM.

Posted Image

#16 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:27 PM

View Posthertzuk, on 03 January 2013 - 10:25 PM, said:

read your reply, replied to it.

you keep saying how warlocks cant brainlessly multidot and fear, so its completely fair that mages cant also do that, that has nothing to do with what im saying

maybe my fault for not giving a completely obvious example, ill try again

casting corruption on any one single target in a 3s match makes that targets entire team immune to fear every time the corruption ticks, no multi-target dotting involved

get it now?

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 03 January 2013 - 10:33 PM.

#17 Tuxer

Tuxer
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 2201
  • 3v3: 2131

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:31 PM

They should just add on to the poly glyph, making polyed targets immune to nether tempest aoe damage
Soul Brother #2
I am the reincarnation of Yeezus
http://www.twitch.tv/TuxerTV
#420dank

#18 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

View PostTuxer, on 03 January 2013 - 10:31 PM, said:

They should just add on to the poly glyph, making polyed targets immune to nether tempest aoe damage

they should not be nerfing mages and warlocks again and should not be buffing warriors and dks again but they obviously want all casters in 3s to be spriests or ele shamans so what can you do:)

#19 hertzuk

hertzuk
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • LocationUK

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

View PostDizzeeyo, on 03 January 2013 - 10:27 PM, said:

you keep saying how warlocks cant brainlessly multidot and fear, so its completely fair that mages cant also do that, that has nothing to do with what im saying

maybe my fault for not giving a completely obvious example, ill try again

casting corruption on any one single target in a 3s match makes that targets entire team immune to fear every time the corruption ticks, no multi-target dotting involved

get it now?

Yes, and I admitted the scenario differs. However in principle you still sacrifice damage for CC.

It'd be comparable to me getting cunning last season and then posting here about how it breaks blinds every single game.

Edited by hertzuk, 03 January 2013 - 10:35 PM.

Posted Image

#20 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:35 PM

View Posthertzuk, on 03 January 2013 - 10:34 PM, said:

Yes, and I admitted the scenario differs. However in principle you still sacrifice damage for CC.

It'd be comparable to me getting cunning last season and then posting here about how it breaks blinds every single game.

again with the aoe damage, again with the nothing to do with what im saying

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 03 January 2013 - 10:40 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: NIGGAS, ON, MY, DICK

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<