• Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Survival 0/1/2/2/0/0/0
  • 3v3: 2315
  • RBG: 1333
  • LocationOhio

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:17 AM

If you have played it and have been successful with it what comp did you run and why do you play it instead of BM.

With T2 marks seems like fine damage other than being short on burst and not having bestial wrath
Twitch.tv/pounced for my stream

#2 Shadowtiger

Shadowtiger
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Stormreaver
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:48 AM

From my experience surv does most dmg in arena (pure dmg done), then MM with just a slight margin, and lastly BM.

Surv got no burst what so ever (6sec for triple exploshot+ blink strike is as close to burst as you will get... + ofc powershot)

MM got something that you could call burst (?) with powershot, instant aimed (when stars align and you actually get steady shots off...), chimera and blinkstrike. The build up time and setup needed for this is pretty stupid tho.

BM by far the lowest overall dmg from my experience because pet will be in CC the majority of the game vs. casters, and the spec deals by far less dmg than MM/surv against plate setups that won't CC the pet as much (CC the pet = novas, AoE fears, etc.).

I still feel that the burst and triple trinket provided by BM is reason enough to play it over any other spec, specially as KFC. Not quite sure tho wether you should run ferocity or cunning... IF they realize to go for pet when you are running cunning, and it dies, you are fucked. Not sure if that is something you wanna risk.. tho Bullheaded and RoS is golden.
Atm often running fero spirit beast for mastery and harder opener + hyena, devilsaur (should probably swap this when playing with warrior, maybe for cunning crane?),corehound and the big thing with a horn.

Edit: should probably answer the question also. When im not running KFC i tend to play MM or surv, not entirely convinced it's better than BM anyway...

Edited by Shadowtiger, 03 January 2013 - 12:28 PM.

#3 Eelda

Eelda
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Dragonblight
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/2/1/0/0/0/.
  • 2v2: 2749
  • 3v3: 3085
  • 5v5: 2178
  • RBG: 192

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:18 AM

imo
bm got best burst

mm best sustained dmg

surv mehh dunno but dmg seems fine, i played all my 2v2 games as survival, works well vs all comps tbh with feral

#4 Pouncedd

Pouncedd
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Survival 0/1/2/2/0/0/0
  • 3v3: 2315
  • RBG: 1333
  • LocationOhio

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:11 AM

Yea I figured MM has the most reliable consistent damage because it doesn't rely on your pet to be out of CC but it just needs better burst.

I really hope they help out the burst of MM or just make the constant pressure better. I love playing MM in Bgs hvnt tried it in Arena yet with upgraded t2.
Twitch.tv/pounced for my stream

#5 Hiddenstalke

Hiddenstalke
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/2/0/0/1/.
  • 2v2: 2701
  • 3v3: 2872
  • 5v5: 2326
  • RBG: 1909

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:32 AM

Once CC get lowered in the game , Marksman will be really good spec. Maybe with bit damage buff to either one of our shots(steady/chimera/aimed). Right now MM have hard time only becouse of cc. You are forced to sit alot of crowd control becouse without trinket you can die really easy with all that damage going on.
As for survival it is great damage spec. I really like it but i think Black arrow have to be unlinked from explosive trap + to have no cd but you can have it only on one target at a time. Black arrow have 22 sec cd and gives us T.N.T. procs. It is pretty much same as Nether tempest or w/e its called -  small dot damage which gives procs. The difference is NT have no cd and can be putted on mutiple targets.

Edited by Hiddenstalke, 07 January 2013 - 10:33 AM.

www.twitch.tv/hiddenstalkeeu

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<