• Curse Sites
Help

Class based gladiator histories in past seasons.

gladitor season9 season

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 BenjaminFitzjerald

BenjaminFitzjerald
  • Members

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:25 AM

So after having not played the game for years, I'm trying to find out the what classes got the most gladiator titles etc in certain seasons, mainly as a friend isn't belieiving me when I say that paladins (holy) were terribad in S9, but yeah, can't remember where to look anymore after having not played for so long.

Any help would be great.

#2 FTRouslan

FTRouslan
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Maiev
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Frost
  • RBG: 1141

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:02 AM

Holy paladins weren't terrible in s9. They were just terrible early on. It wasn't the best season for paladins, but they were definitely viable for rank 1 depending on the BG and comp. Especially with frost DKs, although how much frost DKs and warriors were carrying in a TSG-esque comp and how much it was based off of holy paladins' overall synergy with melee cleaves is unclear.
Nasty, brutish, and about 6'1".

#3 Twocat

Twocat
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:08 AM

hpal/dk/x was free glad in s9

esp. tsg and ebola
Posted Image

#4 Bozzy

Bozzy
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/2/2/2/1
  • RBG: 1946
  • LocationThe Kitchen

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:27 AM

mage/war?
Oh you're going ham? allow me too bear form.

#5 edthelad

edthelad
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Windwalker 0/1/0/1/0/.

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:10 AM

Well holy paladins themselves were terribad - pre whatever the frost tsg patch was they were replaceable with every other healer in any comp.

They were cced for entire games and did very little healing when not cced, however with the frost dk patch they finally had a comp which was ridiculously op and they were the number 1 choice for the comp (as they always had been with with tsg cleaves), and they were the best healer to survive cleaves with freedom + sprint and bubble.
Posted Image

#6 FTRouslan

FTRouslan
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Maiev
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Frost
  • RBG: 1141

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:12 AM

View Postedthelad, on 03 January 2013 - 07:10 AM, said:

Well holy paladins themselves were terribad - pre whatever the frost tsg patch was they were replaceable with every other healer in any comp.

They were cced for entire games and did very little healing when not cced, however with the frost dk patch they finally had a comp which was ridiculously op and they were the number 1 choice for the comp (as they always had been with with tsg cleaves), and they were the best healer to survive cleaves with freedom + sprint and bubble.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
Nasty, brutish, and about 6'1".

#7 Twocat

Twocat
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:53 AM

disagree that hpals were bad in S9, they were also excellent in S10. IIRC the 15% MS buff and they got nerfs hurt them pretty bad in S11, they went from never having to cast anything to never being able to keep anyone up(at least against RLS.)

Shame that blizzard ruined S10, it would have been the best cata season.
Posted Image

#8 edthelad

edthelad
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Windwalker 0/1/0/1/0/.

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:38 AM

View PostTwocat, on 04 January 2013 - 03:53 AM, said:

disagree that hpals were bad in S9, they were also excellent in S10. IIRC the 15% MS buff and they got nerfs hurt them pretty bad in S11, they went from never having to cast anything to never being able to keep anyone up(at least against RLS.)

Shame that blizzard ruined S10, it would have been the best cata season.

They were excellent in s10 because they got buffed alot, you cannot even argue that they were terrible before 4.1, and they were only "good" after that because of frost dks
Posted Image

#9 terribleperson

terribleperson
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/2/0/2/.

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:49 PM

I thought holy paladins had a tough time in in cata in general.

Ret was really, really good in 4.1 before the wog nerf. Frost/ret was gloriously faceroll and fun to play.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<