• Curse Sites
Help

Anyone legitimately broke 2.2k this season for first time?

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#21 Amiza

Amiza
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Protection 1/0/0/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1519
  • 3v3: 1135
  • LocationEngland

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:17 PM

View PostYndigoDS, on 03 January 2013 - 09:32 AM, said:

come to grim batol alliance and i'll get you 2.2, h3h3.

anyway, just keep playing, stop looking for excuses and just play. you'll hit it eventually.

Ofc, once mmr gets buffed lol :D

We seem to have found a steady 3rd now atleast playing with a finnish hunter who seems pretty cool.

Hopefully can keep improving and work better as a team.

Look forward to Ardy frapsing, see how bad we look lol :D

#22 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2215
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:42 PM

Good thread! I had the misfortune of choosing monk and rogue as classes which makes things even harder, but did not break 2.2k either. I know of people that did it during the exploit phase by queueing into teams that just left the arena, but other than that the step to 2.2k without boosts is huge and probably harder than to get gladiator once you are past it.

If you guys make it, we should make a podcast about it.

#23 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1743

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:08 PM

Well gladiator range isn't that far off 2.2k I bet... and if you legitimately get 2.2k with T1's, I think the boost in damage from a T2 will make getting glad a possibility.  We have to get back up to 2k before we start dreaming about that though ;)
* RBG/PvP Guild * Stormscale EU * Recruitment Thread * Click Below *
Posted Image

#24 Amiza

Amiza
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • LocationEngland

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:38 PM

Played some more games tonight and found the only thing worse than our pvp skills is Ardnutt's ability to fraps.

I think he purposely forgot to fraps the ones were I played half decent and then frapsed the ones were I was dogshit.

Bit better session tonight made 80 rating, didnt get farmed of a specific team tonight odd loses vs 2400 team and a few defeats to a yaspresents alt team, which was a good lesson learned they fucking smashed us!! :D

#25 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:11 AM

LOL remembering to press f9 before games is hard work mate.... it's going to take time for me to build up the skills...

In all seriousness... how do I get these gigantic fraps files into something a bit smaller that I can upload to you tube.
Posted Image

#26 YndigoDS

YndigoDS
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 960

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:03 AM

View Postardnut, on 04 January 2013 - 08:11 AM, said:

In all seriousness... how do I get these gigantic fraps files into something a bit smaller that I can upload to you tube.

gotta render them broface.

download vegas free trial, if you need help i can send you my skype in a pm.
Posted Image

#27 Amiza

Amiza
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • LocationEngland

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:03 AM

View Postardnut, on 04 January 2013 - 08:11 AM, said:

LOL remembering to press f9 before games is hard work mate.... it's going to take time for me to build up the skills...

Download sony vegas and i will run you through it tonight

#28 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:15 AM

OK will do... thx for help.
Posted Image

#29 YndigoDS

YndigoDS
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents:

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:21 PM

also on topic, some friends of mine are 2.4k atm playing Kitty cleave, i played with the shaman and feral to 2.2 last season and the warrior only got 2.2k achiev this season so its deffo doable.
Posted Image

#30 Amiza

Amiza
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • LocationEngland

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:46 PM

View PostYndigoDS, on 04 January 2013 - 08:21 PM, said:

also on topic, some friends of mine are 2.4k atm playing Kitty cleave, i played with the shaman and feral to 2.2 last season and the warrior only got 2.2k achiev this season so its deffo doable.

Ah nice gives us some hope, we keep getting farmed back down everytime we get passed 2k. Start meeting players who are out of our depths. Today we were running into Bloodx on his undergeared alt Warrior and some Glad RMP which was ripping us up.

We also keep getting shit on by Pally Kittycleave as Shaman KFC, which is annoying as we were getting shit on by Pally KFC when we was running Shaman Kittycleave :(

#31 gangstalicious

gangstalicious
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Spirestone
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:44 PM

View PostAmiza, on 06 January 2013 - 04:46 PM, said:

Ah nice gives us some hope, we keep getting farmed back down everytime we get passed 2k. Start meeting players who are out of our depths. Today we were running into Bloodx on his undergeared alt Warrior and some Glad RMP which was ripping us up.

We also keep getting shit on by Pally Kittycleave as Shaman KFC, which is annoying as we were getting shit on by Pally KFC when we was running Shaman Kittycleave :(

its all a matter of progression, it takes people ALOT of practice (thousands of pvp encounters) to get it down right. I started out horrible (s1 I had spell lock on auto cast) but since I loved pvp I just kept doing it and eventually got higher and higher rated without really thinking about it

#32 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:09 AM

Got frustrated with facing rank 1 glads at 2k so tried to buy a boost in RBG for 10k gold (would not buy one in arena because I want my stats to be legit, but I don't care about RBG at all) and I got scammed... I had 60k so I thought it was a risk worth taking.  Anyone bought a boost on stormscale for gold and have it work out?
Posted Image

#33 gangstalicious

gangstalicious
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Spirestone
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:49 PM

View Postardnut, on 07 January 2013 - 08:09 AM, said:

Got frustrated with facing rank 1 glads at 2k so tried to buy a boost in RBG for 10k gold (would not buy one in arena because I want my stats to be legit, but I don't care about RBG at all) and I got scammed... I had 60k so I thought it was a risk worth taking.  Anyone bought a boost on stormscale for gold and have it work out?

ive lost all respect for you

#34 edthelad

edthelad
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Windwalker 0/1/0/1/0/.

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:57 PM

View Postardnut, on 07 January 2013 - 08:09 AM, said:

Im pretty sure people charge £100's for the boosts, so 10k gold was a little hopeful lol.

You could just focus on trying to get legit 2.2k in rbgs? I pugged to 2300ish last season and the hardest part was just finding groups that didn't have 1600 arena-2.2 rbg players in them (this part was actually harder than the individual rbg gameplay. I would say if you can get 1750 in arena you have the pvp ability to get hero of the horde)

You need to be prepared to achi fake to get yourself upto 2k though, or that's what I found. I also found that pugs on outland were 10x better than stormscale but that's probably irrelevant
Posted Image

#35 YndigoDS

YndigoDS
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents:

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:00 PM

i think the easiest solution would be to move to somewhere less competitive.
Posted Image

#36 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:04 PM

I'm already 2023 atm in RBG... I usually run my own RBG's and I've done it all legit...but the hardest bit I have found is getting enough people into the group of a high enough quality.  Regularly facing back peddling idiots at 2k mmr in RBG and sometimes losing.  I spent 2 hours putting a group together on Saturday and then 2 hours playing to gain 13 rating I think... got into a good PUG and gained 20 rating in 40 mins... I think I just need to be harder in my selection of players and require 2.1k+ arena exp and 2k+ CR or you are not coming.  I always end up taking friends who are lower CR ... or after trying to get a group together for 2 hours just taking anyone I can get.  I'm on quakenet spamming and in stormscale.  No one ever wants to TC... so I end up TC and leading myself ... which really should be two different jobs for people.  I feel I'm a much better TC than leader...maybe I will get lucky and find a good PUG one day.
Posted Image

#37 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:04 PM

View Postgangstalicious, on 07 January 2013 - 12:49 PM, said:

ive lost all respect for you

I lost respect for myself.
Posted Image

#38 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:06 PM

View PostYndigoDS, on 07 January 2013 - 02:00 PM, said:

i think the easiest solution would be to move to somewhere less competitive.

I agree it would be easier... but I like stormscale ... always easy to find ppl to play with... and only having a couple hours a night to play I can't spend hours looking for ppl.
Posted Image

#39 edthelad

edthelad
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Windwalker 0/1/0/1/0/.

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:26 PM

View Postardnut, on 07 January 2013 - 02:04 PM, said:

bla
Yeh, it's annoying like that.
You can play for 3 hours and overall gain 30 rating, or you get into a "good" group, and after 3 wins you are + 150 rating. Both times you do the exact same thing and play the exact same, that's why i think they are stupid
Posted Image

#40 NiNLeX

NiNLeX
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/1/2/0/0/0

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:00 PM

I find it very hard for alts that you didn't gear for the first few weeks can be very hard to get 2,2k with (esp. if you're any other healer but a pally), but otherwise manageable. You just need to be a bit lucky with the comps you're facing and even though I don't "dodge" teams, if we face the same kittycleave that justs shits on me regardless of what we do more than once, we dont que for 10 minutes and then try to go again. I just find current kittycleave impossible to deal with as a resto shaman, since we don't have tier 2 weapons + I only got 65% resi with gems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<