• Curse Sites
Help

Anyone legitimately broke 2.2k this season for first time?

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#1 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1743

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:36 AM

Hi Guys,
Just wondering if anyone has legitimately broken 2.2k in 3v3 this season.  What I mean by that is no boosted weapon... all players in team never been high rated before like 2.4k+.  No weapons from RBG.

We have got to 2087 with T1's and full malev and a few upgrades... But we seem to run into gladiators and even rank 1 players at 2k to 2.1k mmr... most teams also have at least one T2 weapon.  We nearly beat vicious glad elmlol... we were winning 3 vs 2 against them ... but then he double starsurged crit and 95% to 0 killed our resto druid in a global.  We lost the resulting 2v2.

Really what I'm looking for is an inspiring story of someone who has done it this season so I know it's possible.
* RBG/PvP Guild * Stormscale EU * Recruitment Thread * Click Below *
Posted Image

#2 Embriox

Embriox
  • Members

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:37 AM

this season is pretty much fucked up both from blizz and players ddosing/wintrading and reaching 2.2k as new teams is like spotting a dinosaur. consider yourself above 2.2k without the achievement. hope next season you'll make it official :)

#3 edthelad

edthelad
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Windwalker 0/1/0/1/0/.

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:02 AM

View Postardnut, on 02 January 2013 - 08:36 AM, said:

Just move battlegroup to something that isn't misery or cyclone and you'll have an easier time ;)

Or if you queue enough games, eventually you will run into these players queueing as a comp you counter or a bad comp and you will get the wins needed for 2.2.

Also I know it's hard, but try not to even consider any gear differences, it helps you justify losses when there is always something that everyone on your team could have done better.

(However, it is good practice playing against good players if you are in it for the experience)
Posted Image

#4 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:18 AM

I don't mind playing against better players sometimes, cuz it helps us improve... but it would be nice to be able to progress naturally in small steps than having to take one giant leap to get there.  Also it does become an excuse as you just said... "Oh he had T2... we had no chance"... but when they have T2 and they are a 2.7k player... it's an advantage in gear and experience you have to overcome... it's extremely difficult.
Posted Image

#5 Jinngofagswag

Jinngofagswag
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Unholy 2/0/2/0/0/2
  • RBG: 2149

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:55 AM

pretty much yes, got 2.2 last season but quitted after a month or two into the season :)

#6 Glink

Glink
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Survival 0/0/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 2297
  • 3v3: 2922
  • 5v5: 2380
  • RBG: 2221
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:14 PM

I think its just bullshit how they even have an advantage in gear with T2 weapons. PvP is already unbalanced enough as it is in terms of gear, but that just makes it even worse. It all goes back to Blizzard's money hungry mentality, they want people to be playing as long as possible and the main way to do that is to make them farm for gear that is necessary.
Twitch.tv/Glinksz Rank 1 Hunter PvP
Posted Image

#7 Amiza

Amiza
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/1/0/0/2
  • 2v2: 1441
  • 3v3: 1315
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationEngland

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:04 PM

View Postedthelad, on 02 January 2013 - 10:02 AM, said:

Just move battlegroup to something that isn't misery or cyclone and you'll have an easier time ;)

Does it really matter which BG your on, I would of thought it wouldn't matter at the 2.1-2.2k range??

Doesn't Cyclone and Misery being more active reduced the chance of running into rank 1/Glad players etc at lower MMR??

#8 gangstalicious

gangstalicious
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Spirestone
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:05 PM

if u have full pvp gear regardless of class/spec 2.2k is not all that hard if u play the right comp. The trick is to stop looking at rating of teams u lose to and teams u beat and just discuss strats after losses AND wins(most people never do this because they believe a win means they played perfectly). Ive tanked hundreds of rating queing into "counter comps" but by doing that I got a much better feel to beating them in turn giving pushing my rating higher over a longer period of time.

#9 Amiza

Amiza
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • LocationEngland

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:23 PM

View Postgangstalicious, on 02 January 2013 - 01:05 PM, said:

if u have full pvp gear regardless of class/spec 2.2k is not all that hard if u play the right comp. The trick is to stop looking at rating of teams u lose to and teams u beat and just discuss strats after losses AND wins(most people never do this because they believe a win means they played perfectly). Ive tanked hundreds of rating queing into "counter comps" but by doing that I got a much better feel to beating them in turn giving pushing my rating higher over a longer period of time.

We do discuss tactics quite alot, I even come to these forums and look for input in how to gain advantages in match ups.

Sadly sometimes after a collection of different tactics don't work, We then start to blame the fact that the players have a 500-600 higher experience and T2 weapon advantage. I know we shouldn't but sometimes it does feel like a lesson is being given lol.

#10 edthelad

edthelad
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:32 PM

View PostAmiza, on 02 January 2013 - 01:04 PM, said:

Does it really matter which BG your on, I would of thought it wouldn't matter at the 2.1-2.2k range??

Doesn't Cyclone and Misery being more active reduced the chance of running into rank 1/Glad players etc at lower MMR??

I think there are many reasons

Worse BGs breed worse glads (such as 2.2k triple dpses that transferred off cyclone to get glad)

If the top-end players on the bg are worse, the mid and low end players are going to be worse

Cyclone and misery have the highest concentration of gladiators and rank 1s (apart from maybe that german bg which has geru's guild on it) , as well as their alts, because then there is a larger pool of other people to play with. Look at any known player and they are on outland or stormscale. So you are going to have a higher chance of facing a gladiator or their alt

(lower exp) People move to stormscale or outland because they are the pvp realms, so the people on misery and cyclone are people dedicated enough to pay £15 for all characters to move there, and they are moving so they can play and learn from better people so again they will generally be a better player.

On worse bgs, people that are at say, 2.4k may be barely 2.2k on cyclone, so you are getting more points mmr etc, from beating the same standard of player

there are lots more reasons i'm sure, but yes it is easier, however you guys should be able to manage 2.2k on cyclone with some improvements and queueing luck I'm sure
Posted Image

#11 gangstalicious

gangstalicious
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Spirestone
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:56 PM

View PostAmiza, on 02 January 2013 - 01:23 PM, said:

We do discuss tactics quite alot, I even come to these forums and look for input in how to gain advantages in match ups.

Sadly sometimes after a collection of different tactics don't work, We then start to blame the fact that the players have a 500-600 higher experience and T2 weapon advantage. I know we shouldn't but sometimes it does feel like a lesson is being given lol.

take it as you just got 600+ rating exp fighting them. tier 1 vs tier 2 RARELY ever desides a matchup. Gotta learn how to play like a high end player just like everyone else did if you wanna be competitive against them.

• Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Unholy 2/0/2/0/0/2
  • RBG: 1866

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:48 PM

I got to about 2.1 as DK/Mage/rDruid, but then we hit a pretty harsh brick wall of Kittycleave and KFC with T2.

I got 2.2 in S11 already though, so it wouldn't've been first, but still.
Posted Image

#13 Poseyx

Poseyx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Arcane 0/0/0/2/0/2
  • LocationNY

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:15 PM

If your behind in gear or don't have t2 it will deff be an uphill battle until you hit 2.2 for sure.
www.Twitch.tv/wushington - Multi Gladiator feral stream

Mrlindv - Youtube channel

#14 Amiza

Amiza
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • LocationEngland

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

We hit around

View Postgangstalicious, on 02 January 2013 - 01:56 PM, said:

take it as you just got 600+ rating exp fighting them. tier 1 vs tier 2 RARELY ever desides a matchup. Gotta learn how to play like a high end player just like everyone else did if you wanna be competitive against them.

Yeah that's what we do I really enjoy playing vs the better teams makes you have to play better to get anywhere.

We will keep sticking in there even if we get totally outclassed and have a crack with a different tactic.

We played vs a 2400mmr Pally KFC thats bent us over and rammed a red hot poker up our arses, we blamed there unhealable dmg on gear difference :D but you are right we just need better tactics, we will get there in the end.

#15 terribleperson

terribleperson
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/2/0/2/.

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

pvp in general has been so different this expac. I've usually adapted from expac to expac, but this one has been harder for some reason. Gear is definitely a huge part of losing now, because there are times even in rnadom BG's where some s-keying scrub is able to chunk the shit out of my health bar. Back in the day, taking on 2-4 guys in a bg wasn't so impossible as it is now. It's just the style of play with everything relying heavily on CD's to change the outcomes of battles.Anyone can rape anyone as long as they have CD's available to get the job done.

I used to compete, on average, around 2300-2400 mmr, usually 2250+ CR. This season I've seen 1900 once. Granted, i'm stubborn and like to play things i'm comfortable with like affliction and retribution (both of which are somewhat terrible right now), but I feel like one could run any comp up to a decent rating in previous expacs if the players were decent and meshed well. This expansion seems to me that kills in arena revolve around landing one devistating CC on a team and having every cd ready to go for the insanelolburst.

Needless to say, I have not adapted well this expac and have devoted much less time to playing because of this. If they do end up fixing the problems with the MMR system and gear discrepancies, then I might hang out for 5.2. However, I think i'm just mostly bored of the game at this point, having realized I've seen the best of my abilities in this game, and while they're not terrible, they're just not going to ever get me gladiator. period. Good luck though, dude, I hope everything ends up working out.

#16 Amiza

Amiza
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • LocationEngland

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:47 PM

We just dont seem to have the luck started at 2k tonight 16-19 in games down to 1935.  

Lost to same comps most of night, tried few different tactics but struggling to turn the game when they have that bit more skill/exp/gear...etc
0-5 vs 2500 Godcomp
0-4 vs 2500 WLS
0-3 vs 2000 Kittycleave

Not making excuses they win cos they are the better players at the end of the day just saying its not easy making the climb this season in my opinion.

#17 edthelad

edthelad
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:50 PM

View PostAmiza, on 02 January 2013 - 09:47 PM, said:

We just dont seem to have the luck started at 2k tonight 16-19 in games down to 1935.  

Lost to same comps most of night, tried few different tactics but struggling to turn the game when they have that bit more skill/exp/gear...etc
0-5 vs 2500 Godcomp
0-4 vs 2500 WLS
0-3 vs 2000 Kittycleave

Not making excuses they win cos they are the better players at the end of the day just saying its not easy making the climb this season in my opinion.

Fraps your games
Posted Image

#18 Amiza

Amiza
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • LocationEngland

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:08 PM

View Postedthelad, on 02 January 2013 - 09:50 PM, said:

Fraps your games

I would but my PC is currently bust so having to use laptop as a desktop and it isnt good enough to fraps without causing issues, I dont think.

I will ask Ardnut if he can fraps though, he has decent PC.

#19 YndigoDS

YndigoDS
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 960

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:32 AM

come to grim batol alliance and i'll get you 2.2, h3h3.

anyway, just keep playing, stop looking for excuses and just play. you'll hit it eventually.
Posted Image

#20 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:56 AM

I will fraps some games and post them here... be gentle with me please :)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<