Is mage a caster class?

Mage caster cast class

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Gouldes

Gouldes
  • Members

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:51 AM

I have been noticing that mages doesn't need to cast to do alot of dmg. Its pretty much some novas a deep and then ice lance, ice lance, ice lance, etc.  And i thought that mage was a caster? This might just be me but aren't they suppose to cast then? So i have thought of some solutions to that problem.

Ice lance is not affected by mastery and fingers of frost.
Frostbolt gives a buff on the target that its cast on that increases the dmg of ice lance by 70%(?) and 50% crit(?). Mastery increases this.

Haven't thought of the numbers that much but i think that this might make frost mages cast again:P

#2 Celephia

Celephia
  • Members

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:25 PM

first of all, maybe we should think about reducing melee intterrupts in game considering all the root breakers that currently exists?

#3 Gouldes

Gouldes
  • Members

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:31 PM

View PostCelephia, on 31 December 2012 - 12:25 PM, said:

first of all, maybe we should think about reducing melee intterrupts in game considering all the root breakers that currently exists?

Im not sure which classes that have freedoms other than hunters and palas. But if we make the hunters freedom Lk style, on usable on himself that would nerf some comps. Any other suggestions?

• Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Unholy 2/0/2/0/0/2
  • RBG: 1866

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:18 PM

15s cd on interrupt is not enough for warriors, rogues, monks, possibly DKs. They have too many tools to fill the gap right now. Make it a 20s cd, then implement casted spell buffs, and see what happens is what I'd say.
Posted Image

#5 Twocat

Twocat
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:09 PM

I prefer to refer to all non-elemental shaman casters as "instanters"

instanters:
shadow priest
mage
warlock
moonkin

casters:
elemental shaman

View Postnoobie25, on 31 December 2012 - 03:18 PM, said:

15s cd on interrupt is not enough for warriors, rogues, monks, possibly DKs. They have too many tools to fill the gap right now. Make it a 20s cd, then implement casted spell buffs, and see what happens is what I'd say.
or just get rid of the retarded amount of instant CC???
Posted Image

• Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Unholy 2/0/2/0/0/2
  • RBG: 1866

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:42 PM

I'm not sure what you're saying. It seems as if you are saying that they should remove the CC from those melees, rather than raising the interrupt cd. I'm not sure what you'd accomplish by doing that other than giving casters complete dominance. When I play my DK, I don't get to use most of my control (what control, lol DK) in an offensive way, because of casters ripping everything apart if I do. If you'd remove the few tools I have left, what am I supposed to do to stay alive? You want melees to hump pillars all day as if they were healers? No thanks, rather have them increase interrupt cd instead.

PS: Shadow does actually have to cast a bit if they want to do good damage.
Posted Image

#7 Twocat

Twocat
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:52 PM

if they made interrupt 5 min CD nobody would cast because it's not worth it

10k wrath, 15k frostbolt, yeee
Posted Image